SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 04, 2009, 03:40 PM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Need your help!

OK I am trying to setup my OSD Pro freshly received!

1.Can I use it (and set it up) without using Aux1 and Aux2?
I believe this could be done from the windows application but have not been succesfull so far.

2.Especially, if I want to run the simulator launching it from Windows, what do I need to do?
-Go in to Windows application and set Simulator to Yes (with USB cable connected to logger)
-Have the received powered I suppose
Is the simulator supposed to start immediately? Will it start every time I power on the OSDPro untill I change the settings through Windows application?

Obviously simulator should be on OSD screen not on PC Monitor??

I have been trying for about one hour tonight, expecting to test simulator, Failsafe and RTH but so far no luck and I need to go.
(I had the Windows application freeze a couple of times. Also OSD update always seems quite long to me ca 1min?)

I will try again tomorrow and with RCG help, I am sure I can make it run
vpersiani is offline Find More Posts by vpersiani
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:49 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L14m
Hi all is there anyway of incorperating a time of flight on the osd as Ive seen with a few other makes it shows the time of their flight?
Regards Liam.
This request has come up several times. I believe it's on billpa's short list after the EagleEyes is released.
tychoc is offline Find More Posts by tychoc
Old Oct 04, 2009, 04:58 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
billpa's short list is starting to become a very long list lols.
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
Old Oct 04, 2009, 05:12 PM
Electric Addict
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,188 Posts
I am still amazed that there even is a list! how many companies can you think of where you just suggest a feature and a week later it shows up in the next firmware release?
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym
Old Oct 04, 2009, 05:17 PM
Joined Apr 2009
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
npole, the OSD shouldn't be doing anything to areas of the video other than the parts that contain text or graphics. And, even when the OSD is switched off, it is still embedding telemetry info, so I don't think that's related. One interesting experiment you might try is to turn "white level" down to zero, and see if there is still dimming of the screen when you turn on the OSD. If the display doesn't dim then, it's more than likely occurring due to auto-leveling of the RX/display.
I've solved it, the white level adjustment where occurring *outside* of the OSD PRO, so the OSD weren't affecting the video brightness.
Thanks for the support!
npole is offline Find More Posts by npole
Old Oct 04, 2009, 05:43 PM
THEY MOSTLY COME OUT AT NIGHT
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
RTH Setup Help

I'm using the throttle channel for tilt, so I have the throttle set as gear on one of the sliders. The problem I'm having is that after setting the low throttle point that value is in relation to the slider position so if throttle is on and I flip the switch it won't engage rth unless the value the osd sees is exactly the preprogrammed fs value. This means in order to engage rth I have to kill throttle and flip the switch. This would be true of throttle channel as well I think.
chimaera is offline Find More Posts by chimaera
Old Oct 04, 2009, 06:23 PM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by npole
I've solved it, the white level adjustment where occurring *outside* of the OSD PRO, so the OSD weren't affecting the video brightness.
Thanks for the support!
Can you please explain this in more details, I think I saw this too.
regards Volker
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Oct 04, 2009, 06:23 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Throttle logging?

Bill,

I've been trying to get the eLogger to record/log the throttle movement, however, I did not split off yet ANOTHER throttle tap for the eLogger separate from running through the OSD Pro (yet another y-cable???). I'm assuming that the elogger doesn't/isn't able to log the throttle from the OSD Pro? Bummer.

-Jhondra
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Old Oct 04, 2009, 07:18 PM
Joined Apr 2009
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentel
Can you please explain this in more details, I think I saw this too.
regards Volker
It was the initial tought, a device in the middle where adjust the "white level" of the output (in my case the diversity). I've then connected the OSD PRO video out directly to the AV-IN of the monitor, to eliminate any possibility that would have been something in the middle (transmitter, receiver, diversity), and it worked as expected (no brightness change). So definitively the OSD PRO output the video "as is". My mistake initially was to have tried it with different devices connected to it (but with some devides in the middle), and when i've tried it with just one connected i've experienced the same issue only because that device (JXD990) were adjusting the white level as well (!!!) ..so i've been fooled two times.

You also reminded me that i need to post about it in the "VIDEORECORDERS" thread, since it seems that the JXD990 is gonna being widely used (because of its affordable price for the features) but this "bug" (autodim) makes it totally unusefull, especially with the approach of winter, the sun is lower on the horizon and this "autodim" thing affects heavily the video when you switch the OSD ON.

//END OFF TOPIC
npole is offline Find More Posts by npole
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:10 AM
Joined Jul 2009
805 Posts
Bill, see this video, i have one problem for RTH.

My english is not perfect, look the problem on video.

Thanks

www.vimeo.com/6893938
Neo360 is offline Find More Posts by Neo360
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:42 AM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Looks like it works well when it banked left and it was able to turn and head for home, but when it tried to bank right (south), it didn't have enough turn authority.

I am assuming that the control throws are equal for both sides. Was there a strong wind coming from the south (right when heading away from home??).

Reckless Bill posted and explanation for me many posts back about the turn integral gain - This helps the plane start a turn when there is wind - you have it set to 2. perhaps you can increase that more to closer to the default value.

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:10 AM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpersiani
So nobody available to help?
Too busy flying?
vpersiani is offline Find More Posts by vpersiani
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:39 AM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
Quote:
So nobody available to help?
Too busy flying?
ok watt xtras do you have --> altimeter...airspeed...gps...

I guess you have the e-logger..?
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old Oct 05, 2009, 06:47 AM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:

1.Can I use it (and set it up) without using Aux1 and Aux2?
I believe this could be done from the windows application but have not been succesfull so far.
Use yes, setup, not all but most, at least do it once.
Quote:
2.Especially, if I want to run the simulator launching it from Windows, what do I need to do?
Not sure if you can to that, just try it and you know.
Quote:
Obviously simulator should be on OSD screen not on PC Monitor??
yes
Quote:
Also OSD update always seems quite long to me ca 1min?)
That's Ok
If your English is not good enough, read the italy translation via google or what ever tool. You have to read it many times before you know all.
I think you will not be happy without Aux1/2. Did you connect a camera ?
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Oct 05, 2009, 08:10 AM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,809 Posts
BILL....

An idea with regards to R8.

Could I just bridge the resister with a wire, rather than removing it? This way the mod is reversible. Seeing as how current will take the path of least resistance, would that work??

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member