HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2009, 03:43 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Neo360 Im new to the rsi feature and Im running the same futaba rciever as yourself. Could you possibly post a couple of pics of your reciever and connections.
Regards Liam.
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2009, 04:08 PM
Pseudo-Pilot
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Oct 2005
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentel
Bill, I don't like this too, it's a user error, even without ET there are some ESCs which start the motor if you switch off the TX before Rx, please make a note in the manual and enable it again. In a critical situation I would like to run RTH and hope to recover my plane before crash.
For the guys who switch off the Tx before the Rx, make a label on your Tx switch .

Hello everybody, how do you think about it, do you like the 60 feet limit ?
Please give a feedback to Bill if you want it to be changed.

regards Volker
I actually like this feature. Besides, if your far enough away to trigger RTH, I seriously doubt you're going to be below 60'.
emagnee is offline Find More Posts by emagnee
Old Oct 01, 2009, 04:11 PM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
I second this request! I think it would be great! As long as the scale can be visible. Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npole
Simple idea to improve the radar: sometime selecting the max distance is not so convenient, because u never know where u gonna fly (well, not always...), it also ends to have a poor "resolution" while you are near to your home when u plan to have a long range flight (you'll end to have the plane icon very near to the center, and you cannot realize how far you really are).
So what about adding the "AUTO" configuration there (it might be selected going with the distance set to ZERO)?
In auto mode, when you take off the radar is set to 500 meters, as soon the plane approaches to the border (ie: 400 meters) it autoexpands to 1000 meters resolution.. then to 3000.. 5000... 10000. An indicator put in a angle would indicate the current resolution to the operator (ie: x0.5 x1.0 x2.0 .. etc.).
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Oct 01, 2009, 04:14 PM
Northwest Arkansas
Joined Sep 2008
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emagnee
I actually like this feature. Besides, if your far enough away to trigger RTH, I seriously doubt you're going to be below 60'.
If you are far away and get below 60 feet you are pretty likely to lose rc control, so maybe make it optional.
arkcom is offline Find More Posts by arkcom
Old Oct 01, 2009, 04:28 PM
Joined Apr 2009
717 Posts
Quote:
We should say that the RTH is not only triggered by the poor/loss signal, but it can be triggered manually for a safe rescue. I recognize that the eventuality that both the conditions would happens together (trigger it + being lower than 60ft) are remote.. but it can happens; i've add to engage manually the RTH two times (both because of unexpected video loss), and both of times i were a way up than 60ft.. but who know what would happens!
npole is offline Find More Posts by npole
Old Oct 01, 2009, 04:29 PM
Pseudo-Pilot
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Oct 2005
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkcom
If you are far away and get below 60 feet you are pretty likely to lose rc control, so maybe make it optional.
That's what I mean....I don't think you'd even get to that point. Optional would be good.
Old Oct 01, 2009, 06:55 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
647 Posts
I also like the home idea on the compass.

I know some people like the fixed radar map with moving plane icon, but I would also like an alternate radar mode wherein a centre plane icon remains fixed pointing upward, and radar icons including home rotate around the central plane icon as one changes course.

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Oct 01, 2009, 07:08 PM
Pseudo-Pilot
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Oct 2005
130 Posts
I think the home indicator on the compass would be great too. Seems to me this was already discussed a few months ago...
Old Oct 01, 2009, 10:16 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
alros_100, great news on the stabilization! Did you hear back about the issue from FMA? I am guessing it's an issue inside the new x/y sensors, since I think everything else is digital, but that's just a guess.
Howard from FMA suggested adding Caps to the servo leads but this did not work. Here is a link to my response to Howard and my full tests with copilot I and II (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post13249603) post 640, I am awaiting a reply from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Re the RTH settings, I'm working with Volker on his settings (and he's waiting on an email response from me - sorry). I would recommend first trying RTH in the simulator to ensure that the surfaces are moving as expected,
Seems to work for me on the bench with the simulator. Weather is turning nasty up here in alberta this weekend but I am hoping to get out with the stryker and give RTH a try.

Best

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Oct 01, 2009, 11:59 PM
Joined Jul 2009
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L14m
Neo360 Im new to the rsi feature and Im running the same futaba rciever as yourself. Could you possibly post a couple of pics of your reciever and connections.
Regards Liam.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1331
Neo360 is offline Find More Posts by Neo360
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:53 AM
Joined Jan 2008
397 Posts
Hello,

The more I go through this thread the more I feel like I need this OSD. I live in France, where do you think I should by the package ? nghobbies has it for 310$ but the I have to add custom taxes (how much ?). Or Flash-RC - a french shop - sells it for 310 but I am not sure this is a better deal...

Anyone already bought it in France ? Any advice ?

Cheers,

Sancho
sancho28 is offline Find More Posts by sancho28
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:55 AM
Joined Apr 2009
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho28
Hello,

The more I go through this thread the more I feel like I need this OSD. I live in France, where do you think I should by the package ? nghobbies has it for 310$ but the I have to add custom taxes (how much ?). Or Flash-RC - a french shop - sells it for 310 but I am not sure this is a better deal...

Anyone already bought it in France ? Any advice ?

Cheers,

Sancho
You may try Eladio (spanish) that is reliable enough:

http://alai.h3m.com/~s0350672/catalo...roducts_id=434
npole is offline Find More Posts by npole
Old Oct 02, 2009, 10:30 AM
Joined Jan 2008
397 Posts
Well well well npole, your site is 80 cheaper than my french shop... but they don't have the barometric altimeter If I could interface my zlog with the Elogger this would be awesome. Otherwise I need to by this altimeter from someone else.

Thank you very much !

Sancho
sancho28 is offline Find More Posts by sancho28
Old Oct 02, 2009, 12:49 PM
Joined Jul 2009
801 Posts
Bill look this video is without the R8 resistor on Elogger v3.

www.vimeo.com/6869908

And this is with R8 resistor.

www.vimeo.com/6854871
Neo360 is offline Find More Posts by Neo360
Old Oct 02, 2009, 12:58 PM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone else have this? For some reason BlueAngel's email never came through.

don't came back also.
Maybe get into the spam folder.

I like also the 60 feet feature. If my plane crashes, i don't want a running motor.
But as the other says, make it optional, but default under 60feet - no RTH.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000