HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2009, 11:50 AM
Pseudo-Pilot
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Oct 2005
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000
give me your email and i send you 7.94 beta.
PM Sent.

Thank You!
Thank You!
Thank you!

emagnee is offline Find More Posts by emagnee
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2009, 11:52 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Long live Eagle Tree!!

Nothing special, just a quick ground vid showing the RSSI working on the Corona RD8P1, no resistors and no buffer, R8 NOT removed. Some averaging to get it more stable would be nice, but very happy

OSD Pro RSSI testing (1 min 50 sec)

Cable was conneted on below picture on the wire that allready ran between pin5 and pin9.

Cheers
Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Oct 01, 2009, 01:24 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports
Long live Eagle Tree!!

Nothing special, just a quick ground vid showing the RSSI working on the Corona RD8P1, no resistors and no buffer, R8 NOT removed. Some averaging to get it more stable would be nice, but very happy

Cable was conneted on below picture on the wire that allready ran between pin5 and pin9.

Cheers
Dion
Much more stable than mine. The RSSI from Thomas' RX must still be loaded down by the transistor buffer. Still, when billpa gets averaging implemented, it might be fine.

-tychoc
tychoc is offline Find More Posts by tychoc
Old Oct 01, 2009, 02:06 PM
kreu01
Joined Oct 2008
547 Posts
Hi bill.

Look if this can be used on et to change fma AHI sensor.

thanks

Kreu

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/...DE-ACCM2G2.pdf
kreu01 is offline Find More Posts by kreu01
Old Oct 01, 2009, 02:07 PM
Pseudo-Pilot
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Oct 2005
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emagnee
Yep, me too!

Also -

Does anyone have version 7.94 they can post here, please????

I want to get out and fly tonight after work since the next few days here are supposed to be rainy and windy! I use Temp A to monitor my video Tx and don't want to fly without it.

I know - I need to start keeping the releases as they roll out .

Does anyone else have this? For some reason BlueAngel's email never came through.
Old Oct 01, 2009, 02:09 PM
Electric Addict
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,188 Posts
that cant, but the DIYDrones guys are working on a true 6DOF IMU with an analog output that will be a potential drop in replacement for the FMA sensor head. Its probably still a few months out...
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym
Old Oct 01, 2009, 02:21 PM
kreu01
Joined Oct 2008
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeym
that cant, but the DIYDrones guys are working on a true 6DOF IMU with an analog output that will be a potential drop in replacement for the FMA sensor head. Its probably still a few months out...

Thank´s Downeym
Old Oct 01, 2009, 02:23 PM
kreu01
Joined Oct 2008
547 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone else have this? For some reason BlueAngel's email never came through.
give-me your e-mail.

i can send it to you.
Old Oct 01, 2009, 02:28 PM
Joined Jul 2009
805 Posts
This is my RSSI test on Futaba R617FS 2.4ghz receveir.

Not work perfectly, is not buffered and the R8 resistor is not leave on the elogger.

www.vimeo.com/6854871
Neo360 is online now Find More Posts by Neo360
Old Oct 01, 2009, 02:32 PM
kreu01
Joined Oct 2008
547 Posts
Quote:

Look in your PM.

by
Old Oct 01, 2009, 02:39 PM
Pseudo-Pilot
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Oct 2005
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreu01
Look in your PM.

by
GREAT! Got it downloading right now.

Thanks!!!
Old Oct 01, 2009, 02:54 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by npole
Simple idea to improve the radar: sometime selecting the max distance is not so convenient, because u never know where u gonna fly (well, not always...), it also ends to have a poor "resolution" while you are near to your home when u plan to have a long range flight (you'll end to have the plane icon very near to the center, and you cannot realize how far you really are).
So what about adding the "AUTO" configuration there (it might be selected going with the distance set to ZERO)?
In auto mode, when you take off the radar is set to 500 meters, as soon the plane approaches to the border (ie: 400 meters) it autoexpands to 1000 meters resolution.. then to 3000.. 5000... 10000. An indicator put in a angle would indicate the current resolution to the operator (ie: x0.5 x1.0 x2.0 .. etc.).

Another idea to improve the "manual" RTH: when u're far from home, you only have two indicators that would show you the route to return at home, and both of them must be enabled. One is the radar, the other is the home arrow. Both of em gives to you a good idea of where to point to return at home, but it's not so "immediate" (most of the time you'll end into a "S" to figure out the exact HDG to point back), also these arrows aren't really precise. A neat solution to this would be to add the home indicator on the compass. In example a small letter "H" can move along the compass (on the right HDG), when it reaches the visual limit it stay on the side; in this way you know *immediatly* where to turn to return at home, and you have the exact alignment to return at home (centering the "H" on the compass).
I'll second the "auto/dynamic" radar range setting request.

Also, for the RTH indicator on the compass HDG indicator, putting a scrolling H on it would be GREAT! Similarly, why not also have an "A", "B", and "C" that scrolls on the HDG compass for the waypoints you can preload?

Finally, I've been thinking about the RTH operations (gain and stuff), and was wondering if having a "near" and "far" gain setting for turn etc (with a definable point where that near/far division is, and if it is at 0, it is always just using the "far" settings or only one sort of like now)? That would allow you to have a very slow/leisure bank and turn rate when very far out on the proportional gain settings, but have more aggressive circling/turns when distance to home is indicating less than the boundary near/far?
-Jhondra
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Old Oct 01, 2009, 03:16 PM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
arkcom, that's correct, throttle control with RTH is disabled below about 60 feet. This is a safety feature, that keeps RTH from flying your plane away if you forget to turn off your RX before your TX.
Regards,
Bill, for Eagle Tree
Bill, I don't like this too, it's a user error, even without ET there are some ESCs which start the motor if you switch off the TX before Rx, please make a note in the manual and enable it again. In a critical situation I would like to run RTH and hope to recover my plane before crash.
For the guys who switch off the Tx before the Rx, make a label on your Tx switch .

Hello everybody, how do you think about it, do you like the 60 feet limit ?
Please give a feedback to Bill if you want it to be changed.

regards Volker
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Oct 01, 2009, 03:27 PM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhondra
Also, for the RTH indicator on the compass HDG indicator, putting a scrolling H on it would be GREAT! Similarly, why not also have an "A", "B", and "C" that scrolls on the HDG compass for the waypoints you can preload?
Bill I would like this too, at least the H for Home on the compass.
regards Volker
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Oct 01, 2009, 03:30 PM
Electric Addict
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,188 Posts
I would like to have waypoint locations more than 1 mile away.... I routinely fly more than 1 mile now... I would also like to have the option to make the radar go out to several miles.

at least get rid of the error message... you can display it for a few seconds during initialization but dont leave it there for the whole flight because I usually dont have a laptop with me to fix it...
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym