SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 29, 2009, 05:32 PM
Athens, Greece
Joined Dec 2004
78 Posts
RSSI for Airtronics \ Sanwa

Dear all.

I manage to install the RSSI Connection to the logger as suggested, but for my PCM sanwa receiver.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=17
(pin 7 on the 7761 chip)

I also remove the r8 from the logger.

the readings that I am getting are 99 as best signal and 150 for no signal.

Is this correct?

Thank you

Aris
arisarts is offline Find More Posts by arisarts
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2009, 06:32 PM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arisarts
I manage to install the RSSI Connection to the logger as suggested, but for my PCM sanwa receiver.
I also remove the r8 from the logger.
the readings that I am getting are 99 as best signal and 150 for no signal.
Is this correct?
Aris
Doesn't look good for me, normaly low value for less quality, higher value for good RSSI. Did you set it in the osd pro that you use this feature ? T1 as RSSI or so.
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Sep 29, 2009, 06:50 PM
Joined Apr 2009
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentel
Doesn't look good for me, normaly low value for less quality, higher value for good RSSI. Did you set it in the osd pro that you use this feature ? T1 as RSSI or so.
I'm not sure.... i think he is correct, less quality = higher voltage coming from the receiver RSSI pin; so unless the OSD PRO inverts the values (via software) the reading is someway correct.
npole is offline Find More Posts by npole
Old Sep 29, 2009, 07:00 PM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
my Rx, if he did everything correct, I think he didn't enable the feature.
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:11 PM
Athens, Greece
Joined Dec 2004
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by npole
I'm not sure.... i think he is correct, less quality = higher voltage coming from the receiver RSSI pin; so unless the OSD PRO inverts the values (via software) the reading is someway correct.

Dear bentel and npole, thanks for your help.

When I disable ,in the Osd menu, the option "use Temp1 for RSSI" the reading comes to 8xxx transmitter off and 2xxxx with transmitter on.
The feature in the OSD parameters should be Temp1 correct?

I cannot log any data on it to show you but I will upload a video if its necessary.

BR

Aris
arisarts is offline Find More Posts by arisarts
Old Sep 30, 2009, 01:21 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
All, version 7.95 is now posted. It fixes the potential issue during first application installation that webdr hit, and (probably more interestingly) the RSSI is now calibrated as a percentage.

To use the calibration, just do the following:

1) Make sure you are displaying Temp 1 (or is it called Temp A?) on the screen, via the OSD Pro PC setup utility. I personally set the text value to "Sig" to make it easy to identify what it is.
2) Make sure you have connected your Rx's RSSI output to the eLogger's Temp 1 middle pin.
2) Run the safety mode wizard again, after installing 7.95 and updating your OSD Pro firmware. Note that the wizard now automatically records the "min" RSSI value when you turn off your TX during the wizard, and also records the "max" RSSI value when you turn the TX back on. It's ok if "min" is greater than "max".
3) make sure you have set the "use Temp A as RSSI" in the "Sensors..." onscreen menu.
4) regardless of whether your RSSI output increases or decreases with signal strength, "100ish" should be displayed when your RX is near your TX, and "0ish" or "*" should be displayed when your Tx is turned off, and the values in between should be correlate with the RSSI output voltage.

npole/Charl, I have added that to the feature list. But, note that NTSC vs PAL is automatically detected, based on what the camera is outputting. So, the new setting will simply force "NTSC" screen layout, i.e., reducing the # of displayed lines, or vice versa. We should probably call this setting something other than NTSC/PAL, since that is determined by the camera's output.

Jhondra, I love solving the "corner cases" like those.

nrg2go, I emailed Acme (the folks who make the FC03) a while back, about the potential of integrating it with the OSD Pro, but did not hear back from them. Please send them an email if you want to, since you are their customer.

kreu01, I seriously doubt if the Skytrace software is compatible with the eLogger, or vice versa.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 30, 2009, 02:31 AM
Northwest Arkansas
Joined Sep 2008
617 Posts
I noticed a couple things messing with the simulator:
1. If you are under about 50 ft altitude, the rth doesn't increase throttle to try to gain altitude, it just crashes.

2. If my video source dies the rth quits working. If my camera quits, I NEED the rth to work. (that is kinda the point)

Less important and I think already talked about, the osd is causing substantial audio static. I have no mic, just alerts and vario. If I turn off the osd with the switch, I can still hear the alerts but the noise goes away.
arkcom is offline Find More Posts by arkcom
Old Sep 30, 2009, 02:58 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Thanks Bill, sound great!!!

Will try it out tonight,

Does R8 Still need to be removed?

Cheers
Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Last edited by rcimports; Sep 30, 2009 at 03:04 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 03:49 AM
Joined Apr 2009
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
npole/Charl, I have added that to the feature list. But, note that NTSC vs PAL is automatically detected, based on what the camera is outputting. So, the new setting will simply force "NTSC" screen layout, i.e., reducing the # of displayed lines, or vice versa. We should probably call this setting something other than NTSC/PAL, since that is determined by the camera's output.
I see, well that's a normal behaviour i assume, since the OSD manages the text layer not the video under-layer, so it adapts the text for the both formats. Anyway i think it's ok to call it NTSC/PAL since (again) it refers to the OSD (so the "text") and not to the camera video format (that is determined by the camera, and has nothing to do with the OSD).

Anyway "added to the features list" means.. the next firmware (7.96), or we got it already?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 04:11 AM
-.-
Tarifa, Spain
Joined Nov 2007
153 Posts
Bill Thank you very much for the last updates, I try just now the rssi with the DMD 869 LRS system and it work perfect without touch any ressistor, just I plug the rssi cable to the middle pin of temp 1.

But I have one issue, after make all the process for the RTH in the safe menu wizard correctly.

when I turn off the transmitter I don't get the message of failsafe detected, I gete a message say "RTH active (or some thing like that) bad rx pulses detected" (or some thing similar).

My question is if this message will turn ON the RTH or I need to get the other message (the failsafe detected one)

I think the reasson is because the pulses of the LRS RX, because in the beggining if I configure the ATV for 100% the channels to access and select menu & items in the OSD men don't work. I must to Put the ATV in the TX in 44% to work propertly.

what do you think about that.

Thanks in advance (and like allways... sorry for my english hope you can understand)

Best regards
Kiof is offline Find More Posts by Kiof
Last edited by Kiof; Sep 30, 2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:01 AM
Joined Sep 2005
41 Posts
RSSI % on temp A works good for me.
Im using MPX RX-9-Synth DS IPD.

Thanks Eagletree

Alex
SirAlex is offline Find More Posts by SirAlex
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:17 PM
Joined Jul 2009
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlex
RSSI % on temp A works good for me.
Im using MPX RX-9-Synth DS IPD.

Thanks Eagletree

Alex
Alex post video
Neo360 is offline Find More Posts by Neo360
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:37 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,002 Posts
So, I read that Bill would be developing an expander that would tackle AHI, flight stabilization, and RSSI. that still in the works?

What Im really trying to say is: is the RSSI ready to go with the latest firmware update?
Id like to take advantage of it w/ my futaba 2.4g receiver.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RMRC FPV Fest 2014 Wrap-up
Old Sep 30, 2009, 01:47 PM
Joined Apr 2009
717 Posts
Maybe i do something wrong: how to maintain the previous OSD configuration (visualization) while upgrading? After each upgrade i'll end with a empty OSD screen, the previous config is erased?

And, the throttle (THR) indicator/value doesn't work, i assume it would shows the one coming from the eLogger (with a "Y" cable), but i would like to have the value coming from the OSD.. there's no need to install a Y cable there when the THR servo is already going into the OSD (and already shown by OSD the servos deflect).. am i doing something wrong?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 01:54 PM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Thanks Bill!!! RSSI works perfectly!

Just FYI, this is with Corona RP8D1 35MHz Synthesized Rx, pin 5 plugged into middle pin of Temp1, no buffers, no resistors,

Thanks!
Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports