SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2008, 02:48 PM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Hello,

I'm from South Africa, If I import the OSD now and want to upgrade later, do I send the origional one back? Do I pay shipping? Please axplain,

Allready have most of you're sensors, can't wait for the Pro!! That's all I need to finish off my EZ*

Thanks!
Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2008, 02:10 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Dion,

That's correct. If you purchase our standard OSD board now, you will need to send it back to the USA, and include $20 + the shipping to receive the OSD-Pro.

Once the OSD-PRO goes into preorder, we will discontinue the upgrade offer.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 09, 2008, 02:37 PM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Hi Dion,

That's correct. If you purchase our standard OSD board now, you will need to send it back to the USA, and include $20 + the shipping to receive the OSD-Pro.

Once the OSD-PRO goes into preorder, we will discontinue the upgrade offer.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
When can we send our OSDs back to you, to receive the new Pro OSD?
Ho much will be the shipping to Austria?

thx
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Dec 09, 2008, 06:55 PM
KJ4IKY Gravity Wins
Georgia
Joined Apr 2007
840 Posts
and Pandoras box has been opened.
blade thrasher is offline Find More Posts by blade thrasher
Old Dec 09, 2008, 07:22 PM
Australia
Joined Oct 2003
899 Posts
So effectively we'd have to be without an OSD while we wait?

I'm a little hesitant to send back the OSD when we haven't even seen the Pro OSD in action yet.
Griffo is offline Find More Posts by Griffo
Old Dec 09, 2008, 07:28 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi All,

Sorry for confusion. Please DON'T send back any OSD's now. Here's the procedure:

1) We ship the Pro. That has not happened yet.
2) We post a process to upgrade your standard OSD to Pro. That has not been done yet. Most likely, you will need to purchase the Pro, and then return your standard OSD for credit.

Everyone here is focusing on #1 right now. :-)

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:00 AM
Love anything RC
Alexandria, Virginia
Joined Mar 2008
3,575 Posts
I thought I was able to do the upgrade myself with the USB cable included.... I guess I can live with "purchase the Pro, and then return [the] standard OSD for credit". Not what I was expecting BUT.... not bad. Bad would be if I had to send mine, be with no OSD and wait until I get mine back to connect everything... that would be BAD... yeah paying two way shipping... yeah... really BAD. Since that is not the case... no reason to panic, I guess.
merlin703 is offline Find More Posts by merlin703
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:01 AM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Bill....I'm confused. I speciffically went ahead and purchased airspeed sensor, baro-altimeter sensor, and the "V3Logger+GPS+OSD" package early (now versus later), so that I could begin using it AND have the opportunity to be one of the early folks to do the $20 upgrade. I assumed (and asked during a call to ET) that once the Pro went into production that existing OSD customers would have first shot at the Pro upgrade, before you started shipping the Pro to new customers that never purchased the original OSD. Otherwise what incentive would there be to "buy early" if the old package ($265) is simply replaced with the new package for about $20 more ($285) ? Can you clear up my confusion?
Thx...
ob1
ob1 is offline Find More Posts by ob1
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:26 AM
United States, IN, Carmel
Joined Jan 2008
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
2) We post a process to upgrade your standard OSD to Pro. That has not been done yet. Most likely, you will need to purchase the Pro, and then return your standard OSD for credit.
CREDIT ???

Wait a minute. I spend $265 + shipping to buy the first OSD version plus logger, sensors, etc then when the new ProOSD comes out, I purchase it for it's full price + shipping and finally if I want I can send in our my OSD (+shipping in our own expense again) for CREDIT (ProOSD price minus $20 bucks) to buy more stuff in your store??? NOT CASH?

So essentially you are buying back the old OSD that I paid 44.99 for and you are giving me credit -to spend in your own store again.

Is it me or this offer doesn't sound so good anymore?
Dimitris76 is offline Find More Posts by Dimitris76
Last edited by Dimitris76; Dec 10, 2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:03 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,153 Posts
I'm getting confused too by now. I was expecting to ship my old OSD in along with $20 and get the pro back. If there's a way to still keep the old one until the new arrives that would be even better, but I understand that would be hard to implement without leaving the door open for the customer to keep both. I was fine with shipping mine in with the payment.

-tychoc
tychoc is offline Find More Posts by tychoc
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:11 AM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,232 Posts
I'm not too worried about the details of how the upgrade happens, since from the beginning the details have been vague -- see page three of the original OSD PRO announcement (pertinent paragraph attached). I suspect they'll end up offering both options -- one way for those who want to keep their old OSD's through the upgrade process and one way for sending in the old OSD first. However it shakes down, I'm glad I qualify for the $20 upgrade and I can't wait to get it.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:19 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Well, looks like I have caused more confusion rather than clearing up confusion.

Let me describe the upgrade plan in more detail, which hopefully will address all the concerns.

The critical thing for us is that we streamline/automate the upgrade procedure as much as possible, so that we do not overwhelm our sales/shipping dept.

1) We complete development of the Pro OSD Module, and post a pre-order on the website when mass production begins.
2) Those who purchased our standard OSD Module during the "upgrade ok" period (between Sept 14, 2008 and when we post the preorder for the Pro) can upgrade the standard OSD Module to the Pro module for $20 + shipping, as follows:
a) Request an RMA number via email from support@eagletreesystems.com so that we know you are returning the standard OSD Module
b) Purchase the Pro module from our eShop, and choose your shipping method. The price of the Pro module will be in the $70-$90 ballpark (unknown as of yet). Of course, you can purchase additional items from us at this time.
c) Once we receive your standard module back, we refund your card toward the Pro purchase, all but $20+shipping. For example, if the Pro is $70 and shipping is $8, we refund your card $50. This refund will happen almost immediately if we receive your standard OSD back before you purchase the Pro on our eShop.
3) Once the production boards arrive at our office, we ship the Pro module to you.

You must complete items 2a and 2b within 30 days after the date we begin shipping the production OSD-Pro boards.

Steps 2a and 2b are very important for us, as they automate the address and credit card collection, tracking, and label printing steps, saving a lot of work for our staff, and greatly decreasing the likelihood of something getting lost or shipped to the wrong address.

I hope that clears up the process. We may further refine/streamline the process based on feedback, but I don't think it will change much.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Last edited by billpa; Dec 10, 2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:24 PM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Bill...Maybe it's just me but this doesn't sound good at all. First, what prevents someone who never ordered the original OSD (after Sept 24) from simply ordering the new package which includes the OSDPro and getting one before me, and basically cutting in line ahead of me after I bought early to take advantage of the $20 upgrade? Second, why are we even bothering to return the original OSD and incurr those shipping charges? Like others, I might want to keep my original OSD. It isn't the physical ownership of the original OSD that entitles me to the $20 upgrade offer...it's the fact that I ordered and paid for your non-Pro OSD early in anticipation of being allowed to place a "pre-order" for the OSDPro once you and ET reach that stage. If you are trying to use it for "proof of purchase", then instead of calling in for "RMA" number to ship the OSD back, why don't you just verify our previous order, or payment, or shipping, or invoice #, etc, and then issue us a "proof of purchase number" (POP instead of RMA). We could then plug that into or online order (kinda like a coupon) and the credit could be given at time of purchase, so the actual purchase price for the OSDPro in the "cart" would be $20 for those that supplied their "proof of purchase" number, and it would be the regular price for those that never bought an original OSD. Then be sure to ship the OSDPro first to those that ordered via the "upgrade" option using their proof of purchase number, before shipping to those that never bought one in the first place. Otherwise there was no benefit for those of us that bought into this program early....other than you got our money based on a promise. Sounds like this "upgrade" was never thought out very well ahead of time, and now somebody is trying to come up with answers on short-notice. It also sounds like you may "have Santa in your sights", but his bag will surely not have any OSDPro's to hand out anytime soon.
Thx...
ob1
ob1 is offline Find More Posts by ob1
Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:27 PM
France, Pays de la Loire, Briollay
Joined Mar 2005
113 Posts
I bought the OSD thinking that I could keep the old one (maybe I was a bit naive ). With 2 OSD we would need to buy more sensors.
What will you do with all the used v1 OSD ?
Thanks
Samuel
samol is offline Find More Posts by samol
Last edited by samol; Dec 10, 2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:50 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
I will keep refining the upgrade procedure until everything is clear, and we meet as many needs as we can.

First, it is a requirement that the standard OSD module be returned to us. We are not going to send out two OSD modules for less than half the price of one Pro OSD module. However, what we will do for people who want to keep the standard OSD as well as the Pro is lock the Pro price at $64.99, which is $20 more than the Standard. This will be considerably less than the retail cost of the Pro. Hope that helps.

It is very unlikely that upgrade orders will be delayed significantly by non-upgrade orders. The way the process works is that we get a production run of boards in, which is generally larger than the number of orders we have, and all of those ship within a few days, in the order received. Placing an upgrade order once the preorder is posted is the easiest way to get to the head of the queue, but it's not really necessary. The primary purpose of offering the upgrade was to "future-proof" your system. I don't believe any other OSD manufacturer has a modular system that can be upgraded at such a low cost, or is offering any type of upgrade whatsoever.

The standard OSD is not being discontinued. Many people will still want that one, because it is lower cost and some people like the large font. We will use the returned standard OSD's (after testing) for warranty replacement, samples, etc.

Please see the updated process below:

1) We complete development of the Pro OSD Module, and post a pre-order on the website when mass production begins.
2) Those who purchased our standard OSD Module during the "upgrade ok" period (between Sept 24, 2008 and when we post the preorder for the Pro) can upgrade the standard OSD Module to the Pro module for $20 + shipping, as follows:
a) Request an RMA number via email from support@eagletreesystems.com so that we know you are returning the standard OSD Module
b) Purchase the Pro module from our eShop, and choose your shipping method. The price of the Pro module will be in the $70-$90 ballpark (unknown as of yet). Of course, you can purchase additional items from us at this time.
c) Once we receive your standard module back, we refund your card toward the Pro purchase, all but $20+shipping. For example, if the Pro is $70 and shipping is $8, we refund your card $50. This refund will happen almost immediately if we receive your standard OSD back before you purchase the Pro on our eShop.
d) If you wish to keep your standard module AND purchase the new OSD Pro module, the price of the OSD Pro module will be fixed at $64.99 + shipping. Make sure you mention this to us in step a) above, and include a copy of your original order number and/or your original purchase invoice in the email.
3) Once the production boards arrive at our office, we ship the Pro module to you.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Last edited by billpa; Dec 10, 2008 at 01:26 PM.