Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 24, 2009, 03:16 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,587 Posts
Cheers I bought it last night anyway lols in hope it would work. Its a lot smaller than my previous mic so will take up a lot less room.
On another note im having real problems with my picture quality at the moment since putting eagle tree on my heli (trex 450 v2) . Im thinking of putting v tx back on the rear boom struts (just waiting for fixtures to arrive) to see if I can get it to improve. Im also going to test it at the weekend by bypassing the osd pro to see where the problem lies. System is running on 1.2 ghz v tx with 8dbi patch and 3dbi whip on v tx. 2.4ghz futaba 7tc and e-logger-3 and osd pro and gps. E-logger 3 and osd pro are fixed to one side of frame together at front and gps is on rear frame next to video battery pack. The other side of the heli frame has v tx which with antenna comming out at front of helli but its still only about 2" away from rc tx which sits inside frame at rear.Also since taking this picture ive moved osd pro so it sits ontop of the e-logger 3 so all eagletree parts other than gps is up front.

Not sure if anbody can give any tips for improved quality for picture other than the obvious of moving v tx futher away. This is tight for room on a small heli lols. Also im running a sn555 camera. Also v tx antenna is pointed downwards when in flight.
Regards Liam.
L14m is offline Find More Posts by L14m
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2009, 04:38 PM
Joined Feb 2009
194 Posts
Why don't you try Crash9's little TX hanger on the boom struts.

I haven't fired mine up yet, but I have the TX mounted there.

You could also try some 500 sized landing gear for a little more ground clearance. I don't think I would want to bump on landing.

I'm on 900 anyway.

Nice setup, clean.
EdHall is offline Find More Posts by EdHall
Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:42 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,819 Posts
thats one sweet rig ya got there!
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:50 PM
Never too much detail
Australia, VIC, Hampton
Joined Jan 2007
443 Posts
I am curious, what would be the impact of having short coax "extension cable" from the transmitter to the antenna? Would it have any impact on range? Would it enable you to place the antenna in a better location to reduce interference?

Stuart
fredo21 is offline Find More Posts by fredo21
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:59 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
downeym, good point on a rework of the RTH. Yes, when we add the stabilization support, RTH will be a "piece of cake" to configure (probably just a two-step wizard while you are flying) when you use the thermal X/Y sensor.

jhondra/webdr, did you get the pop-up issue resolved? If not, if one of you can post a screenshot, I can determine what is happening.

rcimports, can you email me at support2@eagletreesystems.com about your RSSI issue?

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 25, 2009, 03:39 AM
Joined Apr 2009
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
npole, could you post a photo or video of your screen? I'm having trouble visualizing it. We can probably make it work with some settings adjustments.
Here's. Don't pay attention to the "bad quality" (because of the camera...), but just notice how much i've to "shift" the vertical pos down to being able to read the top values because of the digital recorder "info bar". With that solution the top text is slightly cut (but readable), and the lower text is cut too a little.. if i may being able to "compress" a little the text (ie: reducing the space between the top and bottom layers) that would be great.
npole is offline Find More Posts by npole
Old Sep 25, 2009, 01:59 PM
Purdue Engineering
Joined Jan 2005
2,584 Posts
What components should I buy?

Hey guys,

I'm building up an FPV TwinStar II complete with an OSD Pro. I'm planning to order all of the Eagle Tree components through Tower Hobbies so that I can make use of a coupon that I have, but Tower doesn't offer the complete OSD package as on Eagle Tree's website so I'll have to order all of the components seperately. Can you guys help me put together a list of what I'd need? I already know that I'll be needing an OSD Pro expander, an eLogger, and the GPS expander, but I don't want to miss any cables or accessories.

Thanks,
Rocketman1092
Rocketman1092 is offline Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Sep 25, 2009, 02:15 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092
Hey guys,

I'm building up an FPV TwinStar II complete with an OSD Pro. I'm planning to order all of the Eagle Tree components through Tower Hobbies so that I can make use of a coupon that I have, but Tower doesn't offer the complete OSD package as on Eagle Tree's website so I'll have to order all of the components seperately. Can you guys help me put together a list of what I'd need? I already know that I'll be needing an OSD Pro expander, an eLogger, and the GPS expander, but I don't want to miss any cables or accessories.

Thanks,
Rocketman1092
Thats all you need for a complete system. Cables are included.
I ordered a temp sensor and barometric altimiter for more reliable altitude readings if and when sattelite reception drops
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2009, 02:24 PM
Tom Para
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Joined May 2003
1,199 Posts
Here are the part numbers so you can verify
You need:

Pn# Lxtfs1
Pn# Lxxgf6
Pn# Lxxjd1

Altimeter
Pn# Lxveu0
Tom in Cincy is online now Find More Posts by Tom in Cincy
Old Sep 25, 2009, 02:33 PM
Purdue Engineering
Joined Jan 2005
2,584 Posts
Great, thanks!

What's the benefit to the barometric altimeter besides still having an altitude reading when GPS signal drops? Is the GPS altitude reasonably accurate?
Rocketman1092 is offline Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Sep 25, 2009, 02:41 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Great, thanks!

What's the benefit to the barometric altimeter besides still having an altitude reading when GPS signal drops? Is the GPS altitude reasonably accurate?
I found the GPS altitude reading to be very inconsistent. Sometimes it seemed accurate, other times it was way off. I bought the barometric altimeter and I'm very happy with its performance.

-tychoc
tychoc is online now Find More Posts by tychoc
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:05 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,819 Posts
Im having issues viewing my saved files in google earth.
Im saving them as .kmp files
but google earth wont open them. Im using version 5.1.

Also, I cant physically see the file that I save. If I choose the recorder info folder, the files are invisible.
The only way I can see it is to choose "save file for google earth" in the eagle tree program, then its viewable. I click on it and choose open. Google earth opens then pops up a window saying its unable to open the file...weird
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:10 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
GPS altitude can vary several hundred feet in banked turns or reception distubances. A baro is much more accurate in all cases. The GPS altitiude is not too bad if you are sitting in one place for a long period of time...but what's the fun in that?...
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Great, thanks!

jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:17 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
jhondra/webdr, did you get the pop-up issue resolved? If not, if one of you can post a screenshot, I can determine what is happening.
Nope. Didn't, but it doesn't repeat once I get through the initial FW download. Try getting a brand new V3 eLogger, and just plug it in. It pops up multiple times (I'm on vista 64 if that helps).

Jhondra
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Old Sep 26, 2009, 06:51 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Made some progress with RTH testing today!!

All settings are shown at the beginning of the vid.

Getting some overshooting and it's very "Relaxed" to turn, what should I change to better that?

Quality not that great, only has two 3db antenna's on, no patch.

OSD Pro RTH Testing with Co-Pilot Fitted (5 min 8 sec)

Thanks for watching!!
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports