HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2009, 12:41 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Great news, Tom!

As folks hook up the FMA for AHI, I'm hoping they will post videos of their flights with the AHI turned on. I want to make sure it's working correctly with lots of different configurations. I'm sure we will need to make some tweaks to the firmware to reach perfection. :-)

Further, I suspect that, as we get calibration data, we may find that the calibration process can be eliminated. I'm hoping that people will post the .SET file with their videos, so that I can do some comparisons.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2009, 02:02 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Torino
Joined Jul 2009
779 Posts
Bill, i connect the RSSI pin in picture on temp1 or Aout?

On datasheet is written so: Buffered Analog RSSI output with a nominal sensitivity of 35mV/dB. In analog test modes, this pin and the AOUT output become test access points controlled by the serial control bus.

And the AOUT is: Multi-function Output. In Analog output mode this is output drives an off chip data slicer. In Transmit power control mode this is an open drain output, which is pulled low when the TPC bit is serial register #1, is clear. Transitions on TPC are synchronized to the falling edge of RXON. In analog test modes this pin and the RSSI output become test access points controlled by the serial control bus.

Bill i have connect the RSSI point on middle pin of temp1 look the video (RX parameter):

http://www.vimeo.com/6326339

Here i r/c radio near, i would like to power down radio value appears change!

Test in Flight (5 min 44 sec)
Neo360 is offline Find More Posts by Neo360
Last edited by Neo360; Aug 29, 2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 05:37 AM
-.-
Tarifa, Spain
Joined Nov 2007
153 Posts
A few weeks ago I did the first test of the return home of the OSD.

The result was somewhat uncertain, at first makes a turn directing the plane home, but losing a lot of height but then stabilizes away.

configuration I used was to address Ail. osd therefore controlled the homecoming with Ail, engine and depth.

The truth is that back home I tried maybe too close to home at about 500m and a height of 280m (the value of cruising altitude I had it at 225 with a margin of 40m) perhaps should reduce the margin as to bring the altimeter barometric altitude is much more accurate.

The parameters were put in shaping the standards that come by default

Cruise speed: 40
Cruise altitude(300/120) : 225
Altitud error (100/40): 40
Pitch proportional gain (50): 50
Pitch derivative gain (50): 50
Turn proportional limit (20): 20
Turn proportional gain (50): 50
Turn integral gain (50): 50
Turn derivative gain (50): 50

please could you help me and give me your opinion on how to go changing these values? ...

I am using a e-hawk 2000 glidder

ET OSD pro RTH test 1 (1 min 50 sec)

Thanks in advance

*** my english is not enaugh... automatic translate*** Sorry for that

Original text:

Hace unas semanas hice la primera prueba de la vuelta a casa del OSD.

El resultado fué un tanto incierto, Al principio hace un giro dirigiendo el avión a casa pero perdiendo mucha altura luego se estabiliza pero se aleja.

la configuración que usé fue con dirección en alerones. el osd por tanto controlaba la vuelta a casa con alerones, motor y profundidad.

La verdad es que probé la vuelta a casa quizás demasiado cerca de casa a unos 500m y a una altura de 280m (el valor de altura de crucero lo tenia a 225 con un margen de 40m) quizás deberia reducir el margen ya que al llevar el altímetro barometrico la altura es mucho más exacta.

Los parámetros que puse en la configuración fueron los estandart que vienen por defecto

por favor podríais ayudarme y darme vuestra opinión sobre como ir modificando estos valores?..
Kiof is offline Find More Posts by Kiof
Last edited by Kiof; Aug 29, 2009 at 06:12 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 06:21 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Torino
Joined Jul 2009
779 Posts
I have used this parameter for my twin star 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo360
This is the today positive test

http://www.vimeo.com/6008962

This is my setting:

Cruise Speed=30
Altitude=300
Altitude Error=100

Pitch Proportional Gain= 0
Pitch Derivative Gain= 25

Turn Proportional Limit= 20
Turn Proportional Gain= 10
Turn Integral Gain= 0
Turn Derivative Gain= 25
Old Aug 29, 2009, 06:28 AM
-.-
Tarifa, Spain
Joined Nov 2007
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo360
I have used this parameter for my twin star 2
Thank you Neo.
Are you using turn in Ail or Rudder...
Altimetter by GPS or barometric

Best regards
Kiof is offline Find More Posts by Kiof
Old Aug 29, 2009, 06:39 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Torino
Joined Jul 2009
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiof
Thank you Neo.
Are you using turn in Ail or Rudder...
Altimetter by GPS or barometric

Best regards
Aileron.

Altimeter by GPS

Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:03 PM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Looking for help connecting my camera to the ET OSD Pro...

I have a Panasonic GP-CX161

I bought it from a local guy, who nicely put some wires on to help me when I connect it up. I don't have my OSD Pro yet, but would like to prep the camera for when it arrives.

The camera has a port on the back, which nseems to have 6 pins...

The guy has made me a connector off it which ends up being a servo male connector, with the 3 pins. (I assume that's -v, +v and signal?).

Now, it looks like the ET OSDPro expects a servo connector for the video in. Would I be able to use this male servo connector direct onto the ET OSD Pro? Remember, the camera needs 5V... Could I get power from the ER OSD Pro this way?

This is what my harness looks like now... but I think I can discared the bit after the servo connection.

Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Aug 30, 2009, 05:26 AM
Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,504 Posts
No - You can't power the camera from the OSD. What you can do is run power through the OSD if that makes sense!!

The OSD will let you put your 5V on one side of it, and on the other side of it out comes the the 5V.

Yep you have it right with the Servo connector.
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2009, 06:05 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel
What you can do is run power through the OSD if that makes sense!!
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Aug 30, 2009, 08:10 AM
Electric Addict
Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,170 Posts
Cralis,

please refer to my Wiring Diagram to see how to connect the video power. the power pins just pass through the OSD. it does not supply any power to the camera.
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym
Old Aug 30, 2009, 08:26 AM
Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis
Ok... The OSD has VIDEO IN on one side and VIDEO OUT on the other side.

So you would connect the VIDEO OUT on the OSD to the VIDEO IN on your TX and POWER. Then on the VIDEO IN on the OSD will go to your Camera. That way the power is passing though the OSD and into your Camera.

if you jump on the Eagle Tree site you can download the manual and it will show you the pin layouts so you can see what I mean.

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2009, 09:17 AM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
some input

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeym
Cralis,

please refer to my Wiring Diagram to see how to connect the video power. the power pins just pass through the OSD. it does not supply any power to the camera.
great diagram...

A few questions---

1. what is the DSC pins on the reciever..?
2. your plane is using no rudder or is it a V tail..?
3. I use a glider and need to use the airlerons as brakes--idea on setup..?
4. pic of plane..??

going to get the co-pilot and need info on haw it hooks up...should I wait for the "add-on" board ?

when is the tracking system going to be out..??

tkx
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:40 AM
Electric Addict
Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,170 Posts
1. DSC is "direct servo control". Some receivers allow for a PPM signal to be injected directly into the RX instead of having to broadcast from the transmitter. I am just using it as a power connection.

2. It is actually a flying wing, so no rudder, just elevons

3. if you have a separate elevator, then you can use a hardware mixer for the ailerons. Then you would have 2 separate inputs to the mixer, one for the ailerons and one for spoilers. just make sure your Tx will failsafe the spoilers level... I couldn't do this since I already have elevator control mixed into the elevons.

4. more detailed information can be found in my Queen bee thread

Bill already released a very good Document explaining on how to connect the co-pilot for AHI function. I haven't had a chance to actually do it yet though...

There is no official date for the Eagle Eyes, but I am hoping in the next month or two they will have something ready for Beta testing. Understandably, bill has not set a firm date yet.
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:41 AM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
nice wing

gotta luv those wings....

nice plane..

tkx for info

I have a wing in the box yet..maybe winter project...next spring..

my plane is a modified Vista EP from Tower Hobbies....put a EDF unit on and took out the prop & motor....vibration troubles.....
now smooth as silk...
flies great heres a pic...waiting for gps unit ...monies are always my problem..!
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old Aug 30, 2009, 04:56 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,188 Posts
I am still tweaking my fpv wing and did a test flight yesterday. I wasn't flying fpv but by los. I had a buddy wearing the goggles. Anyway, I have a couple issues I need to work out.

1. You can see that the speed sensor was working right up to the point I hand launched. Other than a loose connection, anyone have an idea what may have caused it to stop working?

2. I am using this camera http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...cat=264&page=1 Should I be getting better quality video? There are times where the contrast goes out so much it is hard to see.

3. I am using this motor http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6247 Can anyone tell me how many poles I should set my brushless rpm sensor to? I counted them and set it to what I thought it should be but is obviously not correct.

Thanks

WingFPV (3 min 19 sec)
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga