HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2008, 12:16 AM
Joined Oct 2006
44 Posts
Cool
I gots me a hangar 9 "jug"

ok,ok,I know I took the name Idea from Glen but I figured no one else has (that I know of) so I figured its time for a P-47 thread

Ok so 3 weeks ago I few my Extra 300 for the first time and crash due to structural failure. so I got the hangar 9 P-47 Thunderbolt60 and put that one together. which I might add that it is the best ARF I have ever put together, I would recommend this kit to any one who is looking for a great warbird.
any who I finished building it about 2 nights ago and decided that Saturday was D-day so after work I gathered up every thing and my dad and I headed down to the field, I did range tests, control tests, and had three other pilots I know very well to check it over for me

so after a taxi test and a little prep talk she was airborne
after two circuits and a miss attempt at landing (came in too hot) I landed the "jug".

The verdict: Cant wait to put her back up in the air best flying warbird ever and hope to have hundreds of flights on it in the future

Plane specs
wing span 65"
Motor: power 60
ESC: Castle Creations 80A
Prop: 16x10
Battery: Outrage 6S 3000mAh
5 digital servos from Hitec
spektrum DX7
Air thunder 2s 1600mAh receiver pack
flying weight 8 pounds

now I would like to hear what are your guy's experience with this plane and your set up you have/have had on this plane

Happy flying
Brandon
rc mustang pilot is offline Find More Posts by rc mustang pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2008, 04:30 AM
I fly for Beer
Chilliwack, B.C. Canada
Joined Sep 2004
2,730 Posts
Congrats Brandon!! I'm looking forward to seeing you flying it!
Jagzilla
Jagzilla is offline Find More Posts by Jagzilla
Old Sep 14, 2008, 11:31 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,676 Posts
Hey, cool! I have one of these in box awaiting an electric build. Glad to see yours went so well. HOWS about some photos of that baby in flight!!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2008, 01:08 PM
USA, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Apr 2007
1,450 Posts
How easy was the conversion? I am thinking about H9 P-47 or Corsair next summer.
Thrawn150 is online now Find More Posts by Thrawn150
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ElectriStar and me
Old Sep 20, 2008, 01:38 AM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,563 Posts
Hey Brandon, way to go! Nice fast rebound from your previous love

Cheers!
Glen
gpeden is offline Find More Posts by gpeden
Old Sep 20, 2008, 08:18 PM
Joined Oct 2006
44 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the replies, I will have photos soon hopefully next time I go out I'll get my dad to take the camera along and get some pics up for you guys.

The converson was actully quite easy, I used great planes XL brushless motor mount which lined up with the holes predrilled in the firewall I then used my dremel and cut a hole in the firewall where the hole is on the engine mout for air to the battery and an exit hole in the back of the fusaloge, and that was it.

The plane flys Beautiful and 8 pounds seems to be the sweet spot for this plane, its not to light so it takes off unscale like and gets blown around but its not too heavy were it just dogs it every were, I can easily fly it calm and smooth at half throttle. 3/4 throttle and its a real WW2 fighter screaming in for battle, havent gone near full throttle and dont ever want to :P

as for you Glen I hope to be flying with you next time your out in chilliwack for a fun fly event. Same with you steve, I hope to be flying with you too

Happy flying every one
Brandon
rc mustang pilot is offline Find More Posts by rc mustang pilot
Old Oct 01, 2008, 12:43 PM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,731 Posts
Brandon, nice P47 and great flying, shame about the edit, but hey, it does the job

So tell me can anybody suggest what A123 set-up I'd need for this bird? I'd really like to convert one to electric, but am loathed to spend so much time charging lipo's etc, so I'm think A123's would be a good choice, only thing is I know next to nothing about choosing the right set-up for these cells.

Stuart.
stuart warne is online now Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Savex Spitfire Progress
Old Mar 19, 2009, 02:00 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,743 Posts
What kind of flight times are you getting on the 3000mah pack?
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member