HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2008, 07:08 AM
New York
Joined Nov 2003
509 Posts
Discussion
HBFP -- Arming LED goes green to red during flight

I'm learning to fly hover on a HBFP and so far so good, I can now hover long enough to get through most of an 800mah LiPo.

What I am now noticing is that toward the end of the pack the ESKY 3in1 arming LED goes from green to red during flight at higher throttle settings. If I reduce throttle it goes back to red.

Is this normal, and what does the red LED indicate?

Thanks,
MGeo
MGeo is online now Find More Posts by MGeo
Last edited by MGeo; Sep 21, 2008 at 05:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2008, 08:02 AM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
I think it indicates your at full throttle.
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Sep 13, 2008, 08:42 AM
New York
Joined Nov 2003
509 Posts
The tx throttle is at hover (~55%), so do you mean the tail motor is at full throttle? That does not seem right since it still responds to rudder inputs (the tail motor can still speed up or slow down based on my rudder command).
Old Sep 13, 2008, 06:18 PM
New York
Joined Nov 2003
509 Posts
Anyone?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 06:52 PM
a little kid at heart
Poulsbo, Wa
Joined Sep 2004
1,224 Posts
It indicates you are at the end of the pack..ie your voltage has hit the threshold for the red light to go on. As your battery gets older it will come on sooner and sooner.

Bill
poulsbobill is offline Find More Posts by poulsbobill
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:11 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
it means your 4 in 1 is recieving the full power it needs, it will go red then as you reduce the throttle it goes back to green, it will do this no matter how charged the battery is, the battery charge has nothing to do with it. It's the 4 in 1 is getting all the power it will take at that given time. It's perfectly normal.
Blade_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
Old Sep 16, 2008, 03:35 PM
a little kid at heart
Poulsbo, Wa
Joined Sep 2004
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Killer
it means your 4 in 1 is recieving the full power it needs, it will go red then as you reduce the throttle it goes back to green, it will do this no matter how charged the battery is, the battery charge has nothing to do with it. It's the 4 in 1 is getting all the power it will take at that given time. It's perfectly normal.
and thus as the battery gets weaker it will come on sooner in relationship to a given headspeed...ie voltage is lessening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGeo
I'm learning to fly hover on a HBFP and so far so good, I can now hover long enough to get through most of an 800mah LiPo.

What I am now noticing is that toward the end of the pack the ESKY 3in1 arming LED goes from green red during flight at higher throttle settings. If I reduce throttle it goes back to red.

Is this normal, and what does the red LED indicate?

Thanks,
MGeo
You said it goes back to red or green as you reduce throttle? It should go back to green.

Bill

P.s. as posted by me to someone else same subject... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=91 Have fun!!
poulsbobill is offline Find More Posts by poulsbobill
Last edited by poulsbobill; Sep 16, 2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 05:34 AM
New York
Joined Nov 2003
509 Posts
Thanks for the help. As you mention, the LED goes back to green if I reduce throttle.