HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:13 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabaxter View Post
Found an easier and still reliable tap point for RSSI on the newer Corona RP8D1. Here is a picture. Make sure that a voltage follower or a 10K resistor is used at the minimum. I get ~1.7V full strength and ~0.8V weakest. Hope this helps. Remzibi's way works well, but this is just a little easier.
I know this above post is a bit dated, but does anyone have information on the current Corona RP8D1? The layout of my RP8D1 which I just received has a different board and component layout. The IC which probably has the RSSI output had glue and foam stuck to the top and a crystal glued on top. When I pulled this all off and scraped off the glue the printing came off as well.
Thank you
Eric Tessmer is offline Find More Posts by Eric Tessmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:48 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
After checking under some other of the white components I found it. See attached pic, I thought it was the IC on the lower left which was under the crystal, but I am quite sure it is the SA616DK pin 5. The legs of this IC are so tiny this is going to be a real challenge to solder.
Eric Tessmer is offline Find More Posts by Eric Tessmer
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:59 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Nov 2010
77 Posts
Hi guys.
Does anyone know, where is RSSI pin in Corona r14fa?
AndrewStick is offline Find More Posts by AndrewStick
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:12 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Tessmer View Post
After checking under some other of the white components I found it. See attached pic, I thought it was the IC on the lower left which was under the crystal, but I am quite sure it is the SA616DK pin 5. The legs of this IC are so tiny this is going to be a real challenge to solder.

Not as hard as you think. Pin 5 from the top leads to a connection out towards the side of the board--connect there.

http://www.datasheetdir.com/SA616DK-01+RF-Mixers

What's strange is I just got a R8D1 and I'm looking at it now --the chip is AA32416, RSSI pin is 12
1fullbird is offline Find More Posts by 1fullbird
Last edited by 1fullbird; Feb 14, 2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:56 PM
S.R.V.
United States, FL, Melbourne Beach
Joined Nov 2012
34 Posts
does the flydream IS-8R V3 have RSSI output? I cant seem to find any info on it.

http://www.fd-rc.com/Showcpzs.asp?id=892

krytikul is offline Find More Posts by krytikul
Old Mar 08, 2013, 02:10 AM
Joined Aug 2012
34 Posts
Hey guys! Sorry if this has been answered before.

But is it possible to get RSSI output on the HK6S receiver? It has the A7105 chip, I tried measuring ground + the top pin on the left of the chip with a VOM, which should be the RSSI pin right?

I got 0.8V, turned off the transmitter - still 0.8V.

Wrong pin?

Edit:

Wait... Is the A7105 RSSI digital, not analog? Could that be it?

I have ordered the Mini OSD from HobbyKing, and I was hoping it would work with this OSD.
nordemoniac is offline Find More Posts by nordemoniac
Last edited by nordemoniac; Mar 08, 2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:22 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,818 Posts
Found this

Futaba R6208SB RSSI ..

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=570455
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:04 AM
Australia, VIC, Heidelberg
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
RSSI from a 150-154 MHz receiver??

lots of success stories in this thread. See if I can get a nibble at this challenge.

The receiver I'm using is this one. It is used for tracking of wildlife that have been fitted with VHF transmitting collars.

The multirotor that I'm using it on (plus a bit of background) can be seen here.

I'd like to grab a RSSI figure from the VHF receiver (i.e. will indicate strength of received signal from the radio-collared animal) and display it on the ET-OSD Pro via this component from DPCAV.

Given the VHF transmitters are an on/off (40-60 pulses per minute) I'm aware that the functionality won't be quite as useful as per conventional use of RSSI.

I've opened the VHF receiver and the piccies show components inside.

There is a graphical display of signal strength - if nothing else, I can mount a pico camera in front of the screen.

Anyway, interested in any thoughts of where should start testing voltages folks!

thank-you for reading this post.

MJ
D.AER_MJ is offline Find More Posts by D.AER_MJ
Last edited by D.AER_MJ; Apr 16, 2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:39 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks very much.
Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:11 PM
Joined Nov 2006
4,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks very much.
Geoff
You're welcome

Khaled
Old May 01, 2013, 07:47 AM
Joined Nov 2006
4,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
Any feedback on this mod ... I haven't tried it yet ...

I really appreciate any feedback from the gents who have tried it ...

does it need any additional mods to work with the EZ-OSD ... ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled
Old May 01, 2013, 09:46 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,041 Posts
Hi Khaled, with this receiver and ET elogger/OSD, I use this buffer board. http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/RSSI-Buffer-for-OSD-Pro.html
It works very well.
Also the R6008HS is the same.

Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old May 01, 2013, 09:58 AM
Joined Nov 2006
4,818 Posts
Thanks a lot

Much appreciated

Khaled
Old May 20, 2013, 10:34 AM
Joined Jan 2009
214 Posts
So my adventures into FPV has now led me here, I've read the entire posts and thus far I've managed to get RSSI from a Futaba R149DP to an EzOSD without a buffer; I expect the OSD has one built in.

I now I need to find the RSSI for my JR RS10DS, I cant find anything concrete in these posts; but I've goggled and found what looks like a data sheet indicating the smaller chip in the picture.

I've measured the voltage at pin 12 which is fluctuating between 0.7V and 1.7V, I'm hoping that if I connect this to EzOSD buffered by the OSD I'll have a valid RSSI; but before I do that could someone point me in the right direction otherwise it's experiment time
Njoro is offline Find More Posts by Njoro
Old May 20, 2013, 02:49 PM
Joined Jan 2009
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoro View Post
So my adventures into FPV has now led me here, I've read the entire posts and thus far I've managed to get RSSI from a Futaba R149DP to an EzOSD without a buffer; I expect the OSD has one built in.

I now I need to find the RSSI for my JR RS10DS, I cant find anything concrete in these posts; but I've goggled and found what looks like a data sheet indicating the smaller chip in the picture.

I've measured the voltage at pin 12 which is fluctuating between 0.7V and 1.7V, I'm hoping that if I connect this to EzOSD buffered by the OSD I'll have a valid RSSI; but before I do that could someone point me in the right direction otherwise it's experiment time
Didn't work
Njoro is offline Find More Posts by Njoro