HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:33 PM
United States, CA, Salinas
Joined Nov 2011
153 Posts
Back on the original thread topic...does anyone have a complete chart built at this point for the common receivers and their RSSI pinouts or mods? I've gone back eight pages and haven't spotted one yet. And if someone DOES have one somewhere, I'd like to suggest it be posted and made a Sticky for ease of reference.
n5iln is offline Find More Posts by n5iln
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:42 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffkot View Post
No, none of the Futaba FM receivers have a failsafe.
Yes, they do. Yours was improperly set.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...ed=0CDEQygQwAw
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:29 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
I fly a dopey sailplane with rage gyros dialed up to 30% so it's not the most precise aircraft in the world haha
rofl i meant RATE GYROS not RAGE GYROS
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:40 PM
Joined Jun 2010
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
Yes, they do. Yours was improperly set.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...ed=0CDEQygQwAw
I think you are confusing PCM and FM. PCM is a digital mode that has fail safe settings. FM is a PPM mode that has no inherent fail safe settings. Both modes can used on 72 mhz, but they are not compatible.

As I stated earlier, some FM receivers with DSP like the Coronas and Hi Tek Fusion have a memory that stores last (presumably) good data and holds through a drop out, but it is not a programmable position. To the best of my knowledge Futaba neve made an FM receiver with DSP. In fact they have abandoned 72mHz as far as new, leading edge products are concerned. PCM on the other hand does allow the user to program a failsafe. All my comments previous comments concerned FM receivers.

Please re-read the document you sent me, it is very clear, Futaba does not have a failsafe in the FM mode. In fact they state that very explicitly in their transmitter manuals.

Please see 7C manual p.41, top line in bold text.
Please see 9C manual, p43, top line in bold text.

If you have any further questions, address me personally. this forum is about RSSI pin outs.

Cliff
cliffkot is offline Find More Posts by cliffkot
Old Nov 28, 2011, 02:34 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
I think you are confusing PCM and FM. PCM is a digital mode that has fail safe settings. FM is a PPM mode that has no inherent fail safe settings. Both modes can used on 72 mhz, but they are not compatible.

As I stated earlier, some FM receivers with DSP like the Coronas and Hi Tek Fusion have a memory that stores last (presumably) good data and holds through a drop out, but it is not a programmable position. To the best of my knowledge Futaba neve made an FM receiver with DSP. In fact they have abandoned 72mHz as far as new, leading edge products are concerned. PCM on the other hand does allow the user to program a failsafe. All my comments previous comments concerned FM receivers.

Please re-read the document you sent me, it is very clear, Futaba does not have a failsafe in the FM mode. In fact they state that very explicitly in their transmitter manuals.

Please see 7C manual p.41, top line in bold text.
Please see 9C manual, p43, top line in bold text.

If you have any further questions, address me personally. this forum is about RSSI pin outs.

Cliff
My confusion is your use of FM, as opposed to PPM, as it's labeled in the transmitter settings. Thus, you say all FM futaba RX's have a failsafe, which to me sounds like you are saying all of 72mhz does not.

Either way, i have used both PPM and PCM, and my futaba glitched no differently than my corona's. I assume that you saying all futaba's glitch into full deflection is based on personal experience with more than one RX? I personally have never seen that behavior, on any of my futaba RX's.

I stand behind my original post. Some corona's are great, some are not, the quality control is the issue. if you want a safe bet, grab a futaba RX. Personally, i am partial to PCM, and setting my failsafe to move my pan servo. Easily noticed in flight.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:19 AM
Germany, HB, Bremen
Joined Jun 2010
923 Posts
Quote:
As I stated earlier, some FM receivers with DSP like the Coronas and Hi Tek Fusion have a memory that stores last (presumably) good data and holds through a drop out, but it is not a programmable position.
Yes it is programmable, look at enabling failsafe for RP8D1 synthetised dual conversion corona receiver http://www.corona-rc.com/coproductsh...p?ArticleID=63
Zen09 is offline Find More Posts by Zen09
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:59 AM
Joined Jun 2010
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
My confusion is your use of FM, as opposed to PPM, as it's labeled in the transmitter settings. Thus, you say all FM futaba RX's have a failsafe, which to me sounds like you are saying all of 72mhz does not.

Either way, i have used both PPM and PCM, and my futaba glitched no differently than my corona's. I assume that you saying all futaba's glitch into full deflection is based on personal experience with more than one RX? I personally have never seen that behavior, on any of my futaba RX's.

I stand behind my original post. Some corona's are great, some are not, the quality control is the issue. if you want a safe bet, grab a futaba RX. Personally, i am partial to PCM, and setting my failsafe to move my pan servo. Easily noticed in flight.
Please don't misquote me, I never said Futaba FM (PPM, same thing) have failsafe. Futaba PCM receivers have failsafe.

My experience is with 4 different Futaba 72mhz, FM, PPM receivers. If you kill the transmitter, they all glich, unpredictably, and usually extreme.
cliffkot is offline Find More Posts by cliffkot
Old Nov 29, 2011, 05:16 PM
Portugal, Lisboa
Joined Jan 2007
9 Posts
Rssi for futaba FP-R118F

Hi guys

Just found this old receiver in my garage and would like to take the RSSI signal to connect to my eagle tree OSD. It is a futaba FP-R118F

Checked with the multimeter on pin 7 of the chip (7761F) and i get the following readings:
Tx off: 1,82 V
Tx on: 0,25 V

Is this normal? I thought that it would be the opposite!

Thanks in advance for your help guys.
grijoti is offline Find More Posts by grijoti
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
yeah that's fine. check the voltage as you collapse the antenna. If the voltage drops it's a good sign. You'll just have to modify your OSD code/settings
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:18 PM
Portugal, Lisboa
Joined Jan 2007
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
yeah that's fine. check the voltage as you collapse the antenna. If the voltage drops it's a good sign. You'll just have to modify your OSD code/settings
Thanks Chatch ... the only thing that seems wrong is that when i collapse the antenna, or if i do a range test around the house, the voltage does not drop!
According to other users, this is the right pin, just recheked again all the pins with my multimeter.

I still get 1,82v with tx off and 0,25v with tx on .... But no variations in between.

Should i quit trying with this receiver?

Thanks again for helping
grijoti is offline Find More Posts by grijoti
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
not really sure. maybe you need to convert it to an analog signal with the capacitor like in OP
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
Yes it even shows it in the datasheet.. pin 7 circuit for level detection.

Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...g?d=1242909232

you can just use the capacitor on the board. trace the 7th pin to some capacitor and tap it

looks like your pin isn't even being used... unless there's more from a different angle

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post12287762
Last edited by chatch15117; Nov 30, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 05:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
http://mysite.verizon.net/res7yvp2/w4dh22/id2.html

I have that receiver. I want channel 7 to be functional. What do I use for ground? My RSSI pin has a black and red wire. red is RSSI, black is ground.

Can I solder a wire to any of the ground pins of any channel(probably the B one, i think it's BATT) and use that as ground?
Old Dec 03, 2011, 06:54 PM
Türkiye, Istanbul
Joined Sep 2010
6 Posts
RSSI pin for HDX HDD820. RSSI voltage is between 0.53V - 1.72V

lazuribicci is offline Find More Posts by lazuribicci