HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:00 AM
Croatia
Joined Dec 2010
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiper1974 View Post
Hi,
does anyone knows where is the RSSI pin on a futaba fasst R6108SB?
tnks!
I got dpcav buffer so I asked if anyone knows how I combined the buffer with Futaba R6108SB and ET logger?
Thanks
wiper1974 is offline Find More Posts by wiper1974
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:00 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,640 Posts
Yes, but it requires a buffer, or a input impedance of at least some hundreds kOhms
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:17 AM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etman View Post
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data.../1035264_1.pdf
TA 7761
So the RSSI is the "signal level" pin 7?
I decided the RSSI pin for the RCD9600 is unreachable. I just have to change to another RX.
etman is offline Find More Posts by etman
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:42 PM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Darn, I'm not having it easy.

First I opened up my Hitec RCD9600, the RSSI pin is inaccessible because its in a vertical board.

Second I opened up my Corona RD82011 and the RSSI pins are too small to solder. They're really tiny. I cant even see the markings on the chip.

This sucks. I will have to buy a new RX that is easy to access the RSSI pin.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6599
This one ok?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
Is the Futaba r309dps rx the same as a 319 on the inside? i can post pics if necessary
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:05 PM
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
Hitec Fusion 9 Receiver

Hi

Does anyone have any info or links on where to connect the RSSI output wire on a Hitec Fusion 9? Is this receiver the same as the Multiplex RX-9-SYNTH DS M-PCM Compact? I have searched everywhere for info but couldn't find anything, is anyone using this receiver for FPV?

Thanks in advance
Cosworthnz is offline Find More Posts by Cosworthnz
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:38 PM
AMA #535918
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2006
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosworthnz View Post
Hi

Does anyone have any info or links on where to connect the RSSI output wire on a Hitec Fusion 9? Is this receiver the same as the Multiplex RX-9-SYNTH DS M-PCM Compact? I have searched everywhere for info but couldn't find anything, is anyone using this receiver for FPV?

Thanks in advance

I got a Fusion 9 and mounted it in my fpv plane but work and weather have prevented me from testing it. As I remember, it has one of two standard chips, I forget which one. If you are very good at soldering, you can tap it right off the chip. Or you can try to follow the trace to a blob but I couldn't.

After I get a flight or 2 in w/o the rssi connection, I'll try to tap the leg of the chip and let you know how it works.
vegasbs is offline Find More Posts by vegasbs
Old Dec 23, 2010, 06:58 PM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etman View Post
Darn, I'm not having it easy.

First I opened up my Hitec RCD9600, the RSSI pin is inaccessible because its in a vertical board.

Second I opened up my Corona RD82011 and the RSSI pins are too small to solder. They're really tiny. I cant even see the markings on the chip.

This sucks. I will have to buy a new RX that is easy to access the RSSI pin.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6599
This one ok?
Hi guys,

This is the RSSI for Corona RD82011. Photo attached.
I soldered to a resistor at the reverse of the board.
0.3V (TX switched off) to 0.7V (Full signal).

Now I'm looking for a buffer circuit to amplify the voltage.
RMILEC $10 OSD cannot read this small voltage.
I've already added a 100kohm resistor and a 2200 pF cap. If I add a buffer will these be unnecessary?
Last edited by etman; Jan 23, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
i can't see the pics etman?
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:35 PM
Flying with the eagles
Eagle's nest
Joined Nov 2008
2,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintz2007 View Post
i can't see the pics etman?
The photo looks fine.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 03:50 PM
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasbs View Post
I got a Fusion 9 and mounted it in my fpv plane but work and weather have prevented me from testing it. As I remember, it has one of two standard chips, I forget which one. If you are very good at soldering, you can tap it right off the chip. Or you can try to follow the trace to a blob but I couldn't.

After I get a flight or 2 in w/o the rssi connection, I'll try to tap the leg of the chip and let you know how it works.
Thanks for that, nice to know the required pin is accessible. Please let me know how you get on. Did you extend the antenna at all?
Cosworthnz is offline Find More Posts by Cosworthnz
Old Dec 27, 2010, 05:32 AM
Registered Abuser
Joined Oct 2006
2,372 Posts
I was terrified to try the RSSI mod on my receivers. Tried to find it on a JR R790 scan-select but couldn't find it. I looked at some of my other receivers to try it on. So far I have had 3 successful mods. The trick for soldering to the IC pins is to use thin wires with a thin plastic coat. Tin it and just press the wire onto the pin with a fine soldering iron. One thing I have noticed is that there are capacitors or resistors on some of the Rssi traces. Should you tap before or after the cap/res?

All test were done with JR 8103, antenna collapsed 1ft away. The receiver antennas were stretched out parallel.

First one...
Hitec fusion 9s. Good range, a little large, lots of channels, no crystal and if you loose signal it glitches like mad. (Good if your OSD has a glitch counter) It uses a 31136 chip and is on the bottom side of the circuit board. Very easy to get to. Max voltage is 1.96v and minimum is 0.55v. Range tested good, got out to about 75-90 feet with no glitches.

Second one
Hitec mini 6s. Decent price, Ok size, ok number of channels. Rssi is a little hard to get to but the solder pads are already there so its an easy solder job if you can reach. Just go straight down with your iron and you should be fine. Max voltage is 2.04v, stabilizes at 1.84v and 0.82 is minimum. I havnt had a chance to range test it.

Third one
Berg 7p. I have a love hate relationship with this one. It works great out to about 100 yards then drops like a brick even in bare bones bench test mode. But it is so light and has so many channels. Price isnt that good though. Rssi is easy to get to but hard to solder since you have to hit the pin just right. Max voltage is 1.22v, stabilizes at 1.12v and 0.35v is the minimum.

Also, reading Rcexplorers website, looks like you may be able to convert some other 2.4ghz receivers to use "normal" Rssi by using an RC filter. I dont know for sure but its worth a mention.

http://www.rcexplorer.se/page14/lostp/lostp.html
ziomatrixacs is online now Find More Posts by ziomatrixacs
Old Dec 30, 2010, 01:00 AM
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Somebody know how get rssi from R921 RX (came with JR9503) ????
Thanks for all
felipesalomao is offline Find More Posts by felipesalomao
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:15 AM
I should be flying right now!
United States, IN, Crown Point
Joined May 2010
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by felipesalomao View Post
Somebody know how get rssi from R921 RX (came with JR9503) ????
Thanks for all

You can't, wrong technology, use this instead.

http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...ProdID=SPM9540
al1242 is offline Find More Posts by al1242
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:22 AM
Registered Abuser
Joined Oct 2006
2,372 Posts
I just got a futaba R148DF. Had to fix the antenna and I went to look for the RSSI pin while at it. It is a little interesting. It uses a TA7761 and the Rssi should just be on pin 7. Half of the chip is in accessible so I whipped out the soldering iron. I took the top half off (just 6 large pins) just for fun, it was not required. The black box was only required to see the other side of the chip. It is not required to remove to get to pin7. I put the board back together and connected my voltmeter.

Edit, got the Rssi working, forgot to solder a pin!

Gives me...
-0.06v with TX on (negative voltage?)
1.33v with TX off

I am not sure if OSDs will act up if the voltage is negative.. will they?
ziomatrixacs is online now Find More Posts by ziomatrixacs
Last edited by ziomatrixacs; Jan 22, 2011 at 11:09 AM.