Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:50 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2008
1,157 Posts
Discussion
GS Sonic 1/8 scale on road car

I recently purchased a used GS Sonic .21 and I'm trying to find out if there is an online owners manual or any info. available on it. I heard parts for it are hard to come by, so if anyone knows where I could get parts, please post.

Also, if you have this car or had it in the past, please pass along setup tips and tricks or any bugs that it may have had...

I'm told that I need a bump starter to start the car. I was hoping I would simply be able to quickly run the back wheels across the ground?
richord is online now Find More Posts by richord
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2008, 03:44 AM
TT-01
Earth.
Joined Aug 2008
107 Posts
Hi There,

Not sure if spinning the back wheels along the ground will work? - Give it a go tell us what happens.

Now onto the car... I have a GS Storm Cl1 and my local hobby shop stocks most of my replacement parts, however some are not stocked so if i ever needed to get something they didnt have i would use the GS RACING website.

Also google "Gs racing products" It comes up with heaps of stockists of heaps of parts.

Also...
Most cars come with pullstart not sure if yours doesnt. If it does not come with one i wouldnt reccomend getting one, use a "Starter Box" Instead - They may be more expensive but when i first had a pull start the plastic melted and nearly broke the whole engine!

Anyways Good Luck
gsrac3r is offline Find More Posts by gsrac3r
Old Sep 21, 2008, 09:19 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2008
1,157 Posts
I found out pushing the wheels on the ground won't work because the clutch is not engaged. It doesn't have a pull start, so I need to get a starter box...

I did check with GS Racing and since this car is discontinued, I can't even find the owners manual online... Not sure if you've got a contact number for GS Racing but I haven't been able to get in contact with their service center yet.

The good news is, apparently this is a good car and some of the parts are compatible with some other cars that parts are available for... The serpent and Mugen share some similar parts and one of the Traxxas models - have to find out which one.

Someone tipped me off to some Austrailian sites having parts. Have to see what shipping would be to the states...
richord is online now Find More Posts by richord
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:15 AM
TT-01
Earth.
Joined Aug 2008
107 Posts
Hi again,

Sorry to here that you cant get parts for it!

Sorry, i dont have the GS contact number but if you try their website (theres different versions i think (1 korean 1 American 1 british etc..) try to email someone on the contacts tab.

Perhaps just google the car and type in "GS SONIC PARTS" or "GS SONIC ONLINE MANAUL" - see what comes up and tell us what happens!

I just thought of sumthing! on this website theirs for sale/ wanted sections try advertisning ur issues in their, maybe some 1 has some old parts the could sell/give to you?

Good Luck!
gsrac3r is offline Find More Posts by gsrac3r
Old Nov 16, 2008, 06:23 AM
Joined Oct 2008
5 Posts
Hi,
The GS Sonic 1/8 on road car is basically the same as the Team Magic "Shock" GT and the "sonic" is a clone of the Team Magic "shock"-might be the other way around.
I have the shock GT in brandnew condition.. Now discontinued (its hey day around late 90's) there were 2 versions "GT Shock" and "Shock" The gt has centax clutch and the shock has just got basic 2 shoe clutch, same as the GS Sonic
There used to be a store here in Sydney Australia which sold parts for the TM shock the web site is www.RCHobbies.com.au
I've tried looking thru their stuff for my GT Shock but there is none on offer on line.-Try emailing them I'm sure that they might still have some parts.
If u need any part numbers I have the book here. Trust me these 2 cars are basiacally the same in every detail.
mypuppydog is offline Find More Posts by mypuppydog