HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:22 PM
Joined Sep 2006
14 Posts
Discussion
Black Stealth 3-Channel R/C Helicopter $29.99?!?

Has anyone tried this model? It looks pretty sweet for only 29.99? Any reviews would be appreciated.

Link to YouTube Video

Link to ThinkGeek webiste
donkyfly is offline Find More Posts by donkyfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:57 PM
mel gibson?
Joined Apr 2008
197 Posts
looks pretty cool
HPIAdam is offline Find More Posts by HPIAdam
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:20 AM
To invent is nothing... But to fly is everything.
Joined Mar 2006
454 Posts
See "Picco size 3ch Airwolf!" thread. Looks much like these and are working very well so far. The Airwolves only have one stablizer bar on the top blade and larger blades. I did see some very much like the Stelth flying in Hong Kong last week. Looked good too. I think is it is worth a try.
SlowAero is offline Find More Posts by SlowAero
Old Sep 12, 2008, 07:05 AM
Bringer of lasers
United States, MA, Greenfield
Joined Dec 2006
831 Posts
buy it, then tell us how it goes! I was looking at that model a few weeks ago to... looked cool. Cheers, Dill
dill is offline Find More Posts by dill
Old Sep 13, 2008, 01:00 AM
Joined Sep 2006
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dill
buy it, then tell us how it goes! I was looking at that model a few weeks ago to... looked cool. Cheers, Dill
I'm waiting, looks like they are all sold out. Hopefully i'll be able to get my hands on one.
donkyfly is offline Find More Posts by donkyfly
Old Sep 13, 2008, 01:21 AM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,048 Posts
there's a number of differant types of these coax 3 channel helis floating around. some have a fully proportional tail channel, some have only semi-proportional tail channel. i got one a while ago that had a fully proportional tail and its an awesome heli, for 30 bucks it out performs pretty much every 30 dollar channel heli i've flown, in fact i'd say it nearly stacks up against my walkera 5#6. super stable, pleanty controlable, and great forward flight (i've heard the ones with a semi-proportional tail are pretty jerky when going in and out of forward flight).

raidentech and other online shops like that carry them, this is the one i had:
mini hybrid heli (3 min 32 sec)

dont know how to tell which ones have a proportional tail, but either way, you cant beat them for 30 bucks. http://www.raidentech.com/mirche.html

nick

edit: this one in particular looks very interesting, dual flybars, 3 blade tail rotor, and the folding rotor blades (which mine has, and is a good thing to have) http://www.raidentech.com/newmimdinrtf.html and this is the one that i have, except its red: http://www.raidentech.com/double-cou...elicopter.html
micro_builder is offline Find More Posts by micro_builder
Last edited by micro_builder; Sep 13, 2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2009, 12:42 PM
Joined Dec 2008
76 Posts
Do not buy this product.

Awful control. It is absolutely impossible to trim it.

When you start flying it at full charge it requires a certain trim. However as the charge changes so does the trim. You will end up literally constantly trimming it.

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LEFT TRIM. Hence my nickname. I originally came here to find out if there was a way to fix this. There absolutely isn't. Its $30 you get what you pay for.

Its a fun little helicopter, but the control they show you is absolutely impossible to attain.

You're better off paying $100 for something that has precise control. This thing is a toy meant for 8 year olds.
morelefttrim is offline Find More Posts by morelefttrim
Old Mar 06, 2009, 09:16 AM
Concept Builder
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Feb 2008
466 Posts
I flew one at a friend's house last night and thought it was pretty good. Far better than any other toy grade heli I have tried.

There were some issues with torquing occasionally, but nothing anywhere near as severe as morelefttrim's. Perhaps yours bent something?
Vanish is offline Find More Posts by Vanish