HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:49 AM
I ain't afraid of no highs
Spain
Joined Jun 2008
459 Posts
I flew yesterday. I crashed 2 times just after launching it... I had the rudder (aileron ch) inverted?! I still don't know how it happened, maybe someone inverted it. Anyway nothing happened and I had some nice flights.
Downwind, base, final and hand-catch (0 min 34 sec)

I can't find the plane for 80€ on lindinger , only 99€
http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=74925
pilottube is offline Find More Posts by pilottube
Last edited by pilottube; Sep 18, 2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: link added
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilottube View Post
I flew yesterday. I crashed 2 times just after launching it... I had the rudder (aileron ch) inverted?! I still don't know how it happened, maybe someone inverted it. Anyway nothing happened and I had some nice flights.
http://youtu.be/fAXJyP0AP8Y

I can't find the plane for 80€ on lindinger , only 99€
http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=74925
As I wrote, the sale only applies on the 21. & 22nd, go to the front page and click the Oktoberfest icon.

http://newsletter.lindinger.at/mail/...012_Preis1.pdf

Lot's of deals, eg. a MPX Merlin or Mini Mag for €35, or a RTF HZ Firebird for €85.
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:23 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,892 Posts
My Park Zone Radian Rescue!

Friday (09-14-2012) morning at Moon Port Modelers RC Club was enjoyable and after flying my Park Zone Spitfire Mk IX, I hand launched the Park Zone Radian Powered Glider. I was tooling around close and for some reason, decided to command my Radian up higher and did not realize a strong upper level winds.

Pretty soon I found myself struggling to bring the model back over the field and it got higher very quickly and found it in a worse situation, several hundred feet down range. I was not clear on what it was doing at this point and it just circled and circled as I have a mechanical Left hand Rudder input in case all radio signal gets lost. However, it was still accepting commands from my transmitter when I powered up the motor. Just could not get it back.

Mark S., a nice friend that Lives in Titusville and who ownes an Ultra Light Experimental Aircraft was out of town that day and with luck he was back in town on Sunday (09-16-2012) and performed an aerial survey on his Aircraft and to both our surprise, found my Radian Powered Glider next to a barbed wire fence near the entrance of the Great Outdoors.

If you look the Google Map picture, the model almost traveled a full Mile ( ~ 5,000 feet) from the point of origin.

A few pictures detailing our rescue adventure:

Heading North on a dirt path road:

Looking East along the Fence:

Here is how my Park Zone Radian Powered Glider was found!

Mark and his Ultra-Lite Aircraft over the Great Outdoors!!

Digital Zoom:
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:41 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
3,929 Posts
I had occasion to need to borrow your friend when I was flying in Dade City if 2010 and had a very similar flyaway. Mine didn't end so well.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:47 AM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Here is a vid with a radian and Super Sky surfer- Bob got insanely far away with his Radian LOS- He is a risk taker for sure- His plane flies well enough for him to get a half mile or more away- despite his decalage trim drama...

Huge Super Skysurfer Aerobatics with hollow wing spar (5 min 59 sec)
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:02 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
Here is a vid with a radian and Super Sky surfer- Bob got insanely far away with his Radian LOS- He is a risk taker for sure- His plane flies well enough for him to get a half mile or more away- despite his decalage trim drama...
What Radio gear, more specifically Transmitter and Receiver?

I had been giving some serious thought on going back to 72 Mhz as I just do not think Spectrum Technology as enough power for beyond one mile or more distance. Not at the power levels they operate on.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=865166

Carlos
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; Sep 20, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:14 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post

I had been giving some serious thought on going back to 72 Mhz as I just do not think Spectrum Technology as enough power for beyond one mile or more distance. Not at the power levels they operate on.

Carlos
I fly with an old optic6 and berg receivers if you asking me.
I have never had a range problem with that set up.
I have finaly dialed in my Mod and hope to go even farther down range los as it is part of my fun in flying.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:51 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
I have finaly dialed in my Mod and hope to go even farther down range los as it is part of my fun in flying.
Yes indeed! Castle Creations BERG Receivers are top of the line in their day and I have never had any issues! Even if someone turns on your Channel (Which they did) the model gives you an indication that something is wrong and you are able to land without losing the model, thanks for DSP!

Yes, I will perhaps go back!!!

Thanks for the Reply!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:32 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post

Carlos
I use a new optic 6 2.4 ghz and I don't have any issues with loss of signal and I go real high and fairly far out- Eckace always gets further away than me though- he has good eyes-
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
I must say Bobs plane flew great with the decalage adjustmant and it really sped up and flew a real flat glide path- it used to be a bit slower than mine- now it is a bit faster- We will be making some more formation flight videos soon- beware ya'll..
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
I must say Bobs plane flew great with the decalage adjustmant and it really sped up and flew a real flat glide path- it used to be a bit slower than mine- now it is a bit faster- We will be making some more formation flight videos soon- beware ya'll..
Parking garages
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:49 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,856 Posts
I just got home from 3-1/2 weeks of working in the Arctic, and one of the first things I did was take the Radian out for a spin. On my way home I picked up a couple of batteries in Edmonton. They are Team Great Hobbies 1000 and 1300 mah 50c. They are supposed to charge at 5c once broken in. The 1300 is considerably larger and heavier than the stock Parkzone battery, and the 1000 is just slightly smaller than the stock 1300.

I put the 1000 in and it works great. The Radian will go vertical, even with the version-3 stock prop. This was my first experience flying the Radian with anything other than the stock battery, and it is noticeably more powerful.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:54 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
530 Posts
Radio.Active is offline Find More Posts by Radio.Active
Last edited by Radio.Active; Jun 13, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:40 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio.Active View Post
My 2 cents... don't store those 50C fully charged like you were able to do with the low C stock battery.
Thanks for the reality-check, man. I figured the new batteries were just better overall, they charge quicker, discharge quicker, are cheaper, and isn't new technology all so great...but maybe there is a catch. I have never concerned myself about storing fully charged batteries for a couple of weeks or more, and they always worked fine.

It makes sense that the high-c, fast-charge batteries might require more care and attention. Here's a question for you...how long do you think these 50c batteries can be left fully charged without reducing their life span?
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:38 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
530 Posts
Radio.Active is offline Find More Posts by Radio.Active
Last edited by Radio.Active; Jun 13, 2013 at 07:22 PM.