SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:45 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by annarelli View Post
This is for the original, not the Pro, correct???

Grampa Tony
yup, original
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Busy Life
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:50 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
I've noticed that there isn't much discounting on the Radian. Advantage Hobby is the first I've seen that was selling for under list price, and that was with their free battery offer.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:56 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
But i believe to get the Adv.Hobby deal you must be a club member. What ever that means???
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:56 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
But i believe to get the Adv.Hobby deal you must be a club member. What ever that means???
You sign up for a free account with your email address, and voila, you're a club member!
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:57 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Maybe its such a successful plane, they don't need to discount it to sell their stock.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:58 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Yup, that's what I think as well. And here I was hoping to see the bottom fall out of the Radian market after the Pro was released...
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:07 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John View Post
Yup, that's what I think as well. And here I was hoping to see the bottom fall out of the Radian market after the Pro was released...
I thought maybe, possibly also but they are quite different planes. I think there are going to be people who buy the pro that wished they had bought the normal radian. It's 4.5 ounces heaver out of the box due to the extra servos and it's not near as stable of course. For me the choice was easy since I needed something stable for FPV and that my kids could fly without worries.

The radian pro is definitely going to be a great plane for those who are really into sailplane flying but for people like me who just wish to dabble in it I think it would be a mistake. As I said before I'll leave the ailerons to my 3d planes, although the flaps would probably be nice for quicker landings.
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:11 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,692 Posts
PNP Radian is $140.00 ($149.00 shipped) here:
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/store...775+RADIAN+PNP

You have to add it to the cart to see the price. They won't sell to Canadians but they sure will sell to CONUS. Free shipping on purchase of over $150.00, so buy something else for 11 bucks.
Advantage tried to do some shady marketing the Walkera Lama 3 helicopter a while back. Not saying anything bad will happen but caution might be advised.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:19 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
I as well would have thought they would drop the radian price tag a bit after the pro was released. The radian has been around a while without any price drop. Although i must say the RTF package is a great deal. But IMO the PNP is a bit of a rip. Come on, no tx, no rx, no battery and no charger. Could the price not be around $150. But i guess if they're making money at 180, why go lower.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:26 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
I as well would have thought they would drop the radian price tag a bit after the pro was released. The radian has been around a while without any price drop. Although i must say the RTF package is a great deal. But IMO the PNP is a bit of a rip. Come on, no tx, no rx, no battery and no charger. Could the price not be around $150. But i guess if they're making money at 180, why go lower.
$180 Canadian? I see it for $159 (USD) everywhere.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:31 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
It cost me 200 at my LHS. I assumed it was around 180 before tax.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:06 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
PNP Radian is $140.00 ($149.00 shipped) here:
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/store...775+RADIAN+PNP

You have to add it to the cart to see the price. They won't sell to Canadians but they sure will sell to CONUS. Free shipping on purchase of over $150.00, so buy something else for 11 bucks.
Advantage tried to do some shady marketing the Walkera Lama 3 helicopter a while back. Not saying anything bad will happen but caution might be advised.
I bought mine from Advantage last week. Arrived in 3 days. Sold the battery it came with and my total cost is $141 for the PNP delivered.
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:09 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,692 Posts
Quote:
It cost me 200 at my LHS. I assumed it was around 180 before tax.
Bought my PNP for $165.00 + tax in Calgary. LHS here sells the RTF for $270.00 + tax. I already had the DX6i and I use the 1800 mah battery from my Blade 400. RX was the only thing I had to buy extra. So $105.00 for cheap TX, RX, battery and charger isn't so bad if you don't plan to expand in this hobby.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:19 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Bought my PNP for $165.00 + tax in Calgary. LHS here sells the RTF for $270.00 + tax. I already had the DX6i and I use the 1800 mah battery from my Blade 400. RX was the only thing I had to buy extra. So $105.00 for cheap TX, RX, battery and charger isn't so bad if you don't plan to expand in this hobby.
I agree with you. Like i said, the RTF is a great deal. Plus wouldn't mark the dx5e off as a dead end. You can practically fly any non-3d under 5 channel plane with it. For example any of the pz war birds can be flown with the dx5e. Obviously a computer radio is better. (after owning the dx6i i could never go back to non computerized), but the dx5 is certainly workable.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:31 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,692 Posts
Quote:
I agree with you. Like i said, the RTF is a great deal. Plus wouldn't mark the dx5e off as a dead end. You can practically fly any non-3d under 5 channel plane with it. For example any of the pz war birds can be flown with the dx5e. Obviously a computer radio is better. (after owning the dx6i i could never go back to non computerized), but the dx5 is certainly workable.
Even though I fly almost everything with my DX6i, I don't use any of the computerized features for my fixed wings, only for my helis. The only thing about using the DX5e for multiple planes is that you have to bind it to each one each time, whereas the 6i will hold 10 models and you only bind each one once.
The DX5e is also good to have for use with some sims.