Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:17 PM
St. Louis
USA, MO, Ballwin
Joined Mar 2010
634 Posts
Document

Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Just recently discovered .......................
The cause of that Airbus A380 engine explosion......
Remnants of a Radian powered sailplane has been found compacted inside the compressor vanes. When the Lipo battery got sliced in half, condensation within the engine caused a lithium fire, which ignited oil from a broken line. Official guess that the big jumbo jet was at about 3216 feet when it sucked this RC model into the big Rolls Royce engine. Aviation authorities are currently looking for the dumbass RC pilot who thought it was all giggles and farts to see how high he could make his model go. A reward for the information leading to the arrest and public stoning of the culprit has been offered by Quantas.
No disrespect but where is this information documented? Most investigations take a lot more time to be this specific.
Foambird is offline Find More Posts by Foambird
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:48 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foambird View Post
No disrespect but where is this information documented? Most investigations take a lot more time to be this specific.
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:54 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Documentation like that sometimes comes on Friday night with the last of the six pack.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:55 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,823 Posts
Quote:
Yer kidding me, right?
OK, I'll let the cat out of the bag.................... I have a friend whose cousin, twice removed, knows the baby sitter of the lady whose hairdresser knows the shampoo delivery man who also delivers pizza to a guy who is on a dating chat site who talks to a girl whose father knows the guy who walks the dog of the uncle of the secretary of one of the air transportation accident investigators. He leaked this information out. You can't any more accurate than this.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Last edited by xviper; Nov 20, 2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:26 AM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Wow, much more accurate than my info, I heard it thru the grapevine.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Nov 20, 2010, 08:42 AM
Novato, CA
Joined Dec 2008
693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
Done with attaching and wiring the LEDs. Going to install a brushed ESC now so I can control their brightness.

Diggs
Hi Diggs, can you explain or point me in the right direction on how you hook up the brushed ESC to control the brightness?

Thanks,
Jeff
AirmanAirhead is offline Find More Posts by AirmanAirhead
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:29 AM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,137 Posts
You just hook up the LEDs to the motor wires and the servo lead to the RX channel you want to use to control the brightness. You can use the flight battery to power both the LEDs and the flight motor, or you can use a seperate 3S battery for the LEDs. If the LEDs don't light, reverse the motor leads to the lights.

NOTE: You MUST - MUST- MUST disable the Low Voltage Cutoff on the brushed ESC. Ask DIGGS how we know this. SEFF 2010, DIGGS' Radian went AWOL after the low voltage cutoff on the brushed ESC turned off the lights at 400+ feet because the main flight battery went below the cutoff voltage. All the flight servos worked just fine, but without the lights it was a little hard to see the plane and fly it back to the field!

McD
kingsflyer is online now Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:21 AM
Novato, CA
Joined Dec 2008
693 Posts
Yikes!!! Sounds like a real rush.... So are brushed ESC's programmable like brushless I assume? Thanks for the tip. VERY important!

AA
AirmanAirhead is offline Find More Posts by AirmanAirhead
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:45 PM
What? Not a T-Rex!!!
USA, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2008
435 Posts
FPV finally on the Radian!

FPV Parkzone Radian GS Video Footage (4 min 20 sec)
dolbydarma is offline Find More Posts by dolbydarma
Old Nov 21, 2010, 05:29 PM
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
Navigation lights for Parkzone Radian

I have searched on this site and haven't found a way to purchase nav lights for my Parkzone Radian. I don't plan on doing night flying, just want nav lights for fun flying at dusk for visual effects. Just looking for a system that has the red and green and strobes (and whatever else real planes have, maybe landing lights, etc.) Please advise.
sb74012 is offline Find More Posts by sb74012
Old Nov 21, 2010, 05:33 PM
Electric since 1990
East Central Ohio, United States
Joined Jun 2004
3,740 Posts
A friend found some at Hobby King. Has red and green and flashing white strobe.
Foamaholic is offline Find More Posts by Foamaholic
Old Nov 21, 2010, 07:29 PM
Lansing, Michigan
Joined Oct 2003
610 Posts
http://flightlights.net/index.html
How about these?
makemcool is offline Find More Posts by makemcool
Old Nov 22, 2010, 09:23 PM
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
Thanks, guys! I have ordered two different sets from Hobby King, and I like the ones by Tiny Brite also. I may order some of those if I don't like the others.
sb74012 is offline Find More Posts by sb74012
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:29 PM
From trucks to planes
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Oct 2005
194 Posts
OMG it's the perfect day to fly with 3-4 mph winds after over 9 days since my Radians first 2 flights and I'm stuck at work. GAAahhhH!!!!! The rest of the time it's been either windy 10-18 mph or I'm at .... work... gahhh!!! I just hope Friday it doesn't rain so I can maybe get my flying fix in already! Really want to get some AV/FPV going with my Radian seeing how smooth it flies.
Slo-V Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Slo-V Flyer
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:49 PM
Pen
FPWhat?
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2008
1,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-V Flyer View Post
... gahhh!!!
Was that a cough? Maybe you should go home sick.
Pen is offline Find More Posts by Pen