HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:34 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynfunny View Post
OMG!! can i flip this shaft around? Looks like it can be flipped around! One side is bigger than the other.. Haha and im a computer science major.. lol Thanks for all your help guys... Im such a DONKEY!!
I had been flying for ages before I realized (read about) it could be done.

GL,

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:34 PM
Joined Jan 2009
144 Posts
Radian fixed. Anybody looking for one? New motor!! lol Got this for an ex gf and have no room for it in the mess of RC stuff i have. Going to post in the classifieds on here tomarrow.
flynfunny is offline Find More Posts by flynfunny
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:38 PM
Joined Jan 2009
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
I had been flying for ages before I realized (read about) it could be done.

GL,

Diggs
Your right!!! I think i was just frantic because i was getting ready to sell it. Wasnt thinking correctly at the time!! That never happens...........RIGHT? lol
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:41 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
flynfunny, you need to pick up one of these at Harbor Freight (very cheap) then you won't have this issue again.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Mar 11, 2010, 07:41 AM
Norwood, CO
Joined Jul 2009
624 Posts
Quote:
OMG!! can i flip this shaft around? Looks like it can be flipped around! One side is bigger than the other.. Haha and im a computer science major.. lol Thanks for all your help guys... Im such a DONKEY!!
Well, join the herd! This was extremely enlightening to me, too!

Eyore
jaksno is offline Find More Posts by jaksno
Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:40 AM
Joined Jan 2009
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaksno View Post
Well, join the herd! This was extremely enlightening to me, too!

Eyore
The biggest donkey move was buying a sail plane for my UNWORTHY ex!! Now i feel like im stuck with it...lol
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:20 AM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
Quote:
The biggest donkey move was buying a sail plane for my UNWORTHY ex!! Now i feel like im stuck with it...lol
Know why cannibals don't eat divorced women???

They're bitter.
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Mar 11, 2010, 04:09 PM
Absolute Beginner
Pine, AZ
Joined Feb 2010
93 Posts
I'm picking up a Radian PNP on Monday , but won't be able to fly it for a couple of weeks (we're traveling and there's no place to assemble or store it )

I've tried to read through this thread (all 150+ pages!) looking for the basic mods that should be done. Here's what I've come up with:

1. Get a AR6200 Rx. (I have a DX5e Tx).
2. Put a carbon fiber strip (10mmx1mm) from the wing root to the base of the tail.
3. Paint the underside of the wings using Krylon Fusion in some bright, preferably neon color.
4. Reinforce the wing connection using velcro (post #538).
5. Put my contact info in the plane (with a reward if found?)

Anything else I missed? I have the time to work on the mods.

Thanks,
George
GeorgieB is offline Find More Posts by GeorgieB
Old Mar 11, 2010, 04:12 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgieB View Post
I'm picking up a Radian PNP on Monday , but won't be able to fly it for a couple of weeks (we're traveling and there's no place to assemble or store it )

I've tried to read through this thread (all 150+ pages!) looking for the basic mods that should be done. Here's what I've come up with:

1. Get a AR6200 Rx. (I have a DX5e Tx).
2. Put a carbon fiber strip (10mmx1mm) from the wing root to the base of the tail.
3. Paint the underside of the wings using Krylon Fusion in some bright, preferably neon color.
4. Reinforce the wing connection using velcro (post #538).
5. Put my contact info in the plane (with a reward if found?)

Anything else I missed? I have the time to work on the mods.

Thanks,
George
Replace the stock pushrod connectors with some quality Dubro Ez connectors.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:06 PM
Conway, AR
Joined Sep 2001
148 Posts
Flying Again

After not being able to fly for a couple of years I received my Radian RTF yesterday and maidened it this evening. It had been blowing all day a little more than i wanted for a first flight so i waited until dusk. It went up great. I just took it up enough to fly around a little and then shoot a landing to see how far it was going to float on landing. No problems. Two short flights before it was getting too dark.

I'm think i am going to like this plane. Thanks for all the posts here, they made me confident about the plane right out of the box.

Rod
rrowley is online now Find More Posts by rrowley
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:16 PM
In the 20' glider range
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jul 2009
4,503 Posts
LHS called and said that they got me firewall and spinner in. I should get it fixxed by friday night. Test sat!!!
anti-gravity is offline Find More Posts by anti-gravity
Old Mar 12, 2010, 03:27 PM
Norwood, CO
Joined Jul 2009
624 Posts
Quote:
Radian fixed. Anybody looking for one? New motor!! lol Got this for an ex gf and have no room for it in the mess of RC stuff i have. Going to post in the classifieds on here tomarrow.
I'm mildly interested depending on price and would want to see some pics.

I looked just a few minutes ago and didn't find your ad in either sailplanes or electric airplanes. I did notice there is a 'wanted' guy asking for one on electric airplanes, so might be a shoe in for ya. Reply me if not.
jaksno is offline Find More Posts by jaksno
Old Mar 12, 2010, 05:44 PM
Joined Jan 2009
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaksno View Post
I'm mildly interested depending on price and would want to see some pics.

I looked just a few minutes ago and didn't find your ad in either sailplanes or electric airplanes. I did notice there is a 'wanted' guy asking for one on electric airplanes, so might be a shoe in for ya. Reply me if not.
Ahh the Radian...well!!! lol
Old Mar 12, 2010, 06:07 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Here's my radian. How much do the stock ones weigh?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1746
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Mar 12, 2010, 06:12 PM
Joined Jan 2009
144 Posts
Last weekend I decided that putting up the Radian for sale on RCGroups would be a great idea. This Radian was bought for my ex GF so she could learn a little bit about RC planes. She said that she wanted something easy to learn on besides my simulator. I figured that it would be a great trainer for her, and when she got better with "live" flight, I would buy her LED's for night flight at her cottage in the summer time. Well low and behold I found out that she wasn't the women for me. Also I thought that this plane wasn't as well. I had to leave her and down right broke my heart.....WAH WAH!!

At the LHS on this last tuesday to pick up a new spinner for it since she cracked up the stock one on her first maiden flight. I put it back together and decided to give it a flight or two before posting it on here for sale. Apperently i was having a bad day... I had everything reversed on my DX6i, nose dive five feet from the ground....HARD!! Motor was cracked on the back and felt bound up....... New motor then decided to actually check my controls and took her out again. Perfect first flight! Around 30 min. Put another battery in for flight two(since flight one was ROCKN). I was using masking tape to hold down the canopy. The role of tape was in my mouth while taping. Fell out and landed right on the throttle while i was holding the nose. Broke both props,the firewall cracked in three spots, two small gashes in my hand with two horrible bruises.

So i think she wants to stay with me for some reason. Now im going to give her a firetiger repalla lure theme and "mod" it out.

sorry bout the long one guys! The gentle lady found a place in my heart, but my ex HAD to go!!****NEW RADIAN FAN*****