Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 21, 2008, 07:57 PM
United States, ID, Ketchum
Joined Dec 2003
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr
Paint the bottom of the wing and it will be easier to see.
I own a sign company and cut some premium blue vinyl in the shape of a bird's wing - full wing length, complete with finger feathers. Excellent visability and looks like a giant soaring hawk (albeit a hawk with blue wings)
QuietRiot is offline Find More Posts by QuietRiot
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2008, 08:14 PM
Mis-guided heli guy
Austin, TX USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,470 Posts
SWEET! how much for a set????
Jeff_edge540 is offline Find More Posts by Jeff_edge540
Old Dec 21, 2008, 08:19 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,187 Posts
Hadn't thought of selling them, but if there's any interest, probably enough to cover time & material - $25/set
Old Dec 21, 2008, 09:09 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2007
1,332 Posts
Quietriot, would you post a picture....
CaptAhab is offline Find More Posts by CaptAhab
Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:01 AM
Life is Good!
Germany
Joined Apr 2005
1,200 Posts
QuietRiot,
I'd like to see a photo as well please...thanks.
Tank52 is offline Find More Posts by Tank52
Old Dec 22, 2008, 09:26 PM
Joined Jun 2007
686 Posts
Just got the two kits I ordered today. One is a gift for the GFs dad, he'll totally dig it since he used to fly way back when, the other's for me.

I'm trying to set up one of them, mine, with my DX7 and I don't know how, I can set up any heli but I've only set up one plane and I had help with that.
Lota Fun R is offline Find More Posts by Lota Fun R
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:01 PM
Joined Jun 2007
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimstr
Radian owners. Do you find that elevator push rod had to be flexed quite a bit out ward to connect to the horn? My tail piece is centered perfectly but i still have to flex the rod quite a bit. Now it makes a clicking noise when moved up and down. Any suggestions? Post photos if you have any to show me what you have done. thanks!

Me too, the horn placement is wrong, off by about 5/8". I removed and replaced mine in a new location that is more straight on to the tube. It probably doesn't matter in the least but it was an easy fix. It has adhesive on the back so you have to pry it off carefully.

pics..

rudder linkage......

I used a piece of fuel tubing to snug up the fit.

BTW, those little lock screws break easy because they're so small, be carefull, I messed one up but was able to save it.
Last edited by Lota Fun R; Dec 23, 2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:27 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,187 Posts
OK fellow Radian fans, by popular demand, I have built an ebay auction for my Bird Wing wing decals for the Radian. Once on ebay, just put 260336967610 in the search field. The visability you get with this 'mod' is just amazing over the stock decals!

I'm heading out of town as I write this, so won't be able to respond to this post till the weekend. Merry Christmas to all!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:31 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,022 Posts
Looks pretty cool. I will let the Radian owners know.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Dec 24, 2008, 07:17 AM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
327 Posts
Hi,

>>
Be very careful flying LiPo's in cold weather. They can easily lose half or more of their capacity when operated in cold conditions.
<<

I also lose well over half my capacity as well.

Gene
GeneR is offline Find More Posts by GeneR
Old Dec 29, 2008, 02:10 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2007
1,332 Posts
I recieved a Radian today from AirLand Hobbies in Ca. It arrived in perfect condition and boxed by AirLand very well. I also bought QuietRiot's wing decals in black and have recieved that item also. And in a very timely matter I might add, thanks for that QuietRiot !
I'll try to get it in the air tomorrow if winds are down and take some pictures.
Once again, cuddo's to AirLand and QuietRiot.........
CaptAhab is offline Find More Posts by CaptAhab
Old Dec 29, 2008, 03:02 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,022 Posts
A couple of tips on applying the decals. You probably know this but just in case.

1) Wipe down the bottom of the wing with alcohol. There is a mold release agent on the wing that will prevent good adheasion.

2) lightly sand off the mold marks where you plan to apply the decal. It will stick better.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Dec 29, 2008, 03:50 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptAhab
I also bought QuietRiot's wing decals in black and have received that item also. And in a very timely matter I might add, thanks for that QuietRiot !
Not a problem CaptAhab. You'll have to post a pic or two when you've got the wings on the wings! You're going to love those graphics once you get a nice lazy float going, it really enhances the experience, like you're controlling your very own raptor or albatross - especially fun when the real birds come to join in!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 05:15 AM
Joined Jun 2007
686 Posts
I used some sheets of reflective green mirror finish decal to put a diamond on the bottom of each wing.

Once it gets far enough away it doesn't matter anyways.

I'm new to gliders, (helifreak) so I don't know any better. It flys great, I think.

Easy to fly, very forgiving and crash worthy. All the hard landings (two) it is very durable.

Interesting note: This thread isn't very big/long, that's a good sign, threads that are 500 pages long are about stuff that doesn't work right.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 09:36 AM
So. Calif.
Joined Nov 2008
464 Posts
I think it is because most of us are using this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=radian
sylifis is offline Find More Posts by sylifis