Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:21 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
No its the Dx5. What exactly does that blinking light mean on the reciever?
yellowcolorado is offline Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:37 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,870 Posts
"Spektrum receiver blinking LED - what it means."

KC
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Jun 26, 2009, 03:01 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostage-46
Tape the wings? I don't bother, just fly it, I have 100's of flights no biggie
We had a guy in our club have the wings separate in flight and never got back one of them just this week.

Definitely tape them or get some magnets at the Big Box store or maybe even Radio Shack. I think they has some small rare earth magnets.

In a post, someone said Ace does have rare earth but the one by mdidn't. Never know so check your local Ace.
Fly2High is online now Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Jun 26, 2009, 05:21 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Tape the wings? I don't bother, just fly it, I have 100's of flights no biggie
I had maybe 20 on mine and the wings came off and it was destroyed. Yours might be fine, but you never know how someone elses will be. Tape or magnets are very cheap insurance.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jun 26, 2009, 06:48 PM
Green Bay, Wis.
Joined May 2003
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstatik
I need to ask something, if I get bored when flying a my HZ super cub, and I like to really buzz around good with my T-28 and do high speed low altitude passes and inverted flight, etc would I be totally bored with a radian?
Hi,
I too have a HZ SuperCub, and a T-28, and this year got a Radian. I take all 3 with me. I added floats to the SuperCub and like flying that. The T-28 is fun and I do a lot of aerobatic maneuvers with it.
Then later in the morning I like to relax and fly the Radian. I've had it up for over an hour a few times. It's great just to glide around and look for thermals, flying with soaring hawks and white pelicans. I do not get bored with the radian after flying the T-28. I have not had any problems with the stock prop cracking that some have had.
JimL is offline Find More Posts by JimL
Last edited by JimL; Jun 26, 2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 08:09 PM
LSF - IV
United States, TX, Highland Village
Joined Jan 2003
3,090 Posts
Um what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
I had maybe 20 on mine and the wings came off and it was destroyed. Yours might be fine, but you never know how someone elses will be. Tape or magnets are very cheap insurance.

Diggs

We talking wings or stabs? How in the world could the wings come off? The spar holds it all together.

I use magnets for the stabs, wings are just there, no tape, never had it, never will ..
Hostage-46 is offline Find More Posts by Hostage-46
Old Jun 26, 2009, 08:12 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
We talking wings or stabs? How in the world could the wings come off? The spar holds it all together.

I use magnets for the stabs, wings are just there, no tape, never had it, never will ..
Look back a few pages and you will see pics of the remains. It was the wings not the stab. The stab held the fuse nice and vertical all the way to the ground. For under $5 you can do the magnet mod. For me that is great insurance. Won't fly another radian without something extra holding the wings. All I was doing was a climb to altitude when the wings let go. So yes, it can happen.

Diggs

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2581856

There is the pic of the remains.. See the one wing I found was still in good condition, with the spar.
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:10 PM
LSF - IV
United States, TX, Highland Village
Joined Jan 2003
3,090 Posts
OK, a picture is worth a 1000 words....

I just cant' see how that happened? I'm just trying to understand the forces required to slide the wing out

Just wiggled out on the climb? I've never seen that failure
Hostage-46 is offline Find More Posts by Hostage-46
Old Jun 27, 2009, 03:02 PM
United States, CT, Torrington
Joined Jun 2006
229 Posts
Here are some pictures of my Radian

rcminh is offline Find More Posts by rcminh
Old Jun 27, 2009, 03:13 PM
T-28 abuser
United States, NY, New Paltz
Joined May 2009
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcminh
Here are some pictures of my Radian

ooh looks nice. thats monocote? hmm maybe I should throw some on the cub or t-28.
bigstatik is offline Find More Posts by bigstatik
Old Jun 27, 2009, 03:35 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,604 Posts
Sony Webbie Mounted on Radian

Hey Guys,
Here is what I have been using lately for aerial videos/stills. Really a slick little camera. The view rotates once past a certain point to mounts to the top or bottom of wing. Very versatile. A servo mounts with hot glue or velcro to trip either shutter button. RangeVideo Tx velcros to other wing top.
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:05 AM
So. Calif.
Joined Nov 2008
464 Posts
[QUOTE=AeroRecon]Hey Guys,
Here is what I have been using lately for aerial videos/stills. Really a slick little camera.

Have you taken some video you can share with us?
sylifis is offline Find More Posts by sylifis
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:21 PM
Austin, TX, 78746
Joined Nov 2008
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroRecon
Hey Guys,
Here is what I have been using lately for aerial videos/stills. Really a slick little camera. The view rotates once past a certain point to mounts to the top or bottom of wing. Very versatile. A servo mounts with hot glue or velcro to trip either shutter button. RangeVideo Tx velcros to other wing top.
I like your camara set up on the radian. Mine was ackward and did not work that well. but I got some good video with it which I have posted
donaldrtaylor is offline Find More Posts by donaldrtaylor
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:36 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroRecon
Hey Guys,
Here is what I have been using lately for aerial videos/stills. Really a slick little camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylifis
Have you taken some video you can share with us?
No. I usually just cut stills out for the video. I have an XP laptop and have not been able to get the HD video edited yet. WMM cuts it up fine but won't save the files. It starts and then just dies with no warnings or anything. I bought Sony Vegas but the playback while editing is about 2 frames per second. No good for trying to cut up the long videos.

I have that Sony Webbie, a Sanyo Exacti HD100 and a Jazz178 and have not been able to edit and save any video from them. Really stinks. And my Vista box at home won't open the files. I will keep trying, though. Sorry.
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Old Jun 29, 2009, 05:32 PM
Lexington, NE
Joined Dec 2001
124 Posts
Well the Radian bit the dust today. Crashed from about 200 feet. Didn't have any elevator. Don't know if the connector came loose from the control cable or what. It hit hard and broke the nose in two pieces and the tail off. It will glue back together but not for a day or two. Great thermaling today. What a great plane

Mike
Mike 52732 is offline Find More Posts by Mike 52732