Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 23, 2001, 07:45 PM
mercer Island
Joined Apr 2001
120 Posts
Albatoss micro HLG?

has any one had a albatoss? you can see one at http://www.madaircraft.com, its a micro HLG. anyone have a MHLG? i have a GWS flight pack i want to put into use, other than another lite stik. how do MHLG fly? how fast? oh ya, i have a 200X200 ft flying field, is this enough? thanks for any info.
cheapflyr is offline Find More Posts by cheapflyr
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2001, 08:31 PM
Walled Lake, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2000
11,182 Posts
NOTE: When posting a link, always leave a space after the ".com", and never add any kind of punctuation to the end of it. The punctuation mark gets included in the link, and prevents it from working.
Dave Hederich is offline Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
Old May 24, 2001, 06:30 PM
mercer Island
Joined Apr 2001
120 Posts
ok, thanks i'll know that next time. I'm still wondering if a MHLG is worth getting.
cheapflyr is offline Find More Posts by cheapflyr
Old May 24, 2001, 07:16 PM
reynoldsburg Oh,43068.
Joined Mar 2001
93 Posts
I recently perchased a Colibri from Hobby People. It is manufactured by Art Hobby. Nice plane to fly but I have been unable to catch any thermals yet.I don't think I am getting it high enough yet.Or my skills are low. It is a micro class glider and doubles as a great slope plane. It's really quick and it has ailerons.
ChrisFeole is offline Find More Posts by ChrisFeole
Old May 25, 2001, 05:12 PM
I am M I G H T Y !
Ipswich, England
Joined Feb 2001
486 Posts
Chris
The Colibri has a 1 meter span! Thats hardly MICRO! I build CF/foam/Depron MHLGs with a span of 29.5 inches. .75 meter span gliders are Mosquito class gliders. The only thing micro about the Colibri are the HS55's you can put in them. I've got one on order and hear that they are shweet on the slope!
Why do you think you are having trouble with finding lift? What alt are you acheiving?

Steve
"Keep it up!"

[This message has been edited by Steve_Wrona (edited 05-25-2001).]
Steve Wrona is offline Find More Posts by Steve Wrona
Old May 25, 2001, 07:11 PM
reynoldsburg Oh,43068.
Joined Mar 2001
93 Posts
My mistake I thought it fell under that classification. I am new to soaring so I don't have too much experience. I haven't cut the hole in the fuse for the finger launch yet. I simply pinch the sides and throw overhand. At the top of the arc I give nose down to prevent stall and to keep the kinetic energy going to level flight. Maybe 50 to 75 feet.
ChrisFeole is offline Find More Posts by ChrisFeole
Old May 26, 2001, 11:52 AM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2001
54 Posts
I was looking at the Alba-Toss also but I can't seem to find any specifications on it such as how big is it. MicroHLG doesn't tell me anything except that it is real small. Am I really that new at this?
dale331 is offline Find More Posts by dale331