SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by fly time, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 01:53 PM
Electric flyer
Renton, WA, US
Joined Oct 2007
1,291 Posts
Discussion
E-Flite Sea Fury on the bench

I have slowly been putting together the new E-Flite Sea Fury. Supposedly this model can go together in an evening or two, but I always manage to figure out the hard way to do things Actually, I have been working on a number of mods so that mine will be unique in a sea of identical ARFs. Here's what I've done or am working on:
1) Himax inrunner and gearbox instead of the recommended outrunner. For a warbird, I like the noise that an inrunner and gearbox makes, plus I can spin a bigger prop while burning up fewer electrons.
2) 10.4" diameter 5-bladed variable pitch VarioProp. This prop is SO COOL! It is bigger and beefier than the commonly used Manzano/FSK 5-blader. I have a Manzano prop also, just in case the Vario proves to be too much.
3) A scratch-made scale spinner made from Z-foam, painted red of course.
4) Closer-to-scale wheels on the mains and tail
5) Gear doors
6) Pilot moved forward in the cockpit (he can reach the rudder pedals now!)
7) Polished aluminum pannels right behind the exhaust stacks
8) Heat sink and additional cooling ports for the inrunner, which will be running hot with the big VarioProp on the front.

Can't wait to fly this one! It should be ready soon.
fly time is offline Find More Posts by fly time
to remove ads between posts