HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:15 PM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
I'm not sure why, but that's just what the MTK GPS modules do. I think it keeps the settings as fusebits or something similar, which reset after a period without power.

I think that the only reason that they are designed to temporarily "save" the settings are so that in the event of a momentary loss in power they would be able to reboot immediately, without having to run the setup routine again.

Use the "GPS Setup" part of the Remzibi software to reset GPS settings on every startup, it works really well, and It doesn't matter how long it was left unpowered.
Legot is offline Find More Posts by Legot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:00 PM
2^p - 1
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Feb 2003
1,326 Posts
Well, a new problem

Anyone have success with Prolific or MCCI drivers under Win8? Please, help! Thanks!
signflyer is offline Find More Posts by signflyer
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:38 AM
Joined Nov 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legot View Post
I'm not sure why, but that's just what the MTK GPS modules do. I think it keeps the settings as fusebits or something similar, which reset after a period without power.

I think that the only reason that they are designed to temporarily "save" the settings are so that in the event of a momentary loss in power they would be able to reboot immediately, without having to run the setup routine again.

Use the "GPS Setup" part of the Remzibi software to reset GPS settings on every startup, it works really well, and It doesn't matter how long it was left unpowered.
OK. It can be that because if GPS is directly connected to Remzibi OSD settings are remember in OSD and every time when the power is on again first OSD load settings which were save in OSD.
In my case I have GPS pluged in Matrix Pilot and only sending Gnd and Tx to Remzibi OSD module. So there is no possibility that OSD load settings to GPS again.

Thanks
pobieranie11 is offline Find More Posts by pobieranie11
Last edited by pobieranie11; Feb 01, 2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:58 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,179 Posts
I want to have my PA6B flashed, after contacting GTOP, they send me this utility :

uploading tool

I have ask a 38400 firmware and a 115200 here :

firmware for 38400 and firmware for 115200

But be careful that it's the same gps you have, and do it at your own risk.

Hope this will help

Cedric
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:42 AM
Joined Nov 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
I want to have my PA6B flashed, after contacting GTOP, they send me this utility :

uploading tool

I have ask a 38400 firmware and a 115200 here :

firmware for 38400 and firmware for 115200

But be careful that it's the same gps you have, and do it at your own risk.

Hope this will help

Cedric
I use exactly the same tool and software

But I think now how to simply solve the problem - backup battery
Just to connect 3V button battery to pins signed as BACKUP BATTERY on Remzibi GPS picture:

Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:45 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobieranie11 View Post
I use exactly the same tool and software

But I think now how to simply solve the problem - backup battery
Just to connect 3V button battery to pins signed as BACKUP BATTERY on Remzibi GPS picture:

Try the 38400 firmware ;-)
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:00 AM
Joined Nov 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
Try the 38400 firmware ;-)
I need a binary version so I try AXN1.30_2389_3329_384.1151100.1_v16
at 38400
And situation is the same.
But as I wrote I will connect backup battery and see if it will help solve the problem.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:12 AM
T.ing to put on air 100 models
Switzerland
Joined Feb 2008
639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobieranie11 View Post
OK. It can be that because if GPS is directly connected to Remzibi OSD settings are remember in OSD and every time when the power is on again first OSD load settings which were save in OSD.
In my case I have GPS pluged in Matrix Pilot and only sending Gnd and Tx to Remzibi OSD module. So there is no possibility that OSD load settings to GPS again.

Thanks
Hi,
were you already through those instructions ?
I'm not sure if this was upgraded, but in my knowledge Remzibi works together with UavDevBoard and featured MatrixPilot firmware only with Ublox GPS.

There is a firmware version from Piotr M., but I'm not sure which GPS module he uses. You should go through those discussions :
first
second

Best regards,

Ric
chiloschista is online now Find More Posts by chiloschista
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:43 AM
Joined Nov 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiloschista View Post
Hi,
were you already through those instructions ?
I'm not sure if this was upgraded, but in my knowledge Remzibi works together with UavDevBoard and featured MatrixPilot firmware only with Ublox GPS.

There is a firmware version from Piotr M., but I'm not sure which GPS module he uses. You should go through those discussions :
first
second

Best regards,

Ric
Hi Ric,

Piotr M. helps me on local Polish forum to make Matrix Piolot work with the software he wrote directly for Remzibi OSD and...this software works with oryginal GPS from Remzibi OSD too (MTK3329 chipset). Data from Tx of Matrix Pilot goes to Rx of Remzibi OSD and display on screen perfectly.
Only issue is that after ca. 12h GPS (module) lost their setup.
Summarize all I gather at different forums remedy is to connect a button battery to GPS module to suspend memory.
I will do it at weekend and write on forum if it help.

EDIT: GPS module keep settings with extra button abttery 3V
Last edited by pobieranie11; Feb 02, 2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:07 AM
novian89
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Sep 2012
69 Posts
Can you explain to me a brief tutorial for flashing the bootloader remzibi OSD

and I can only read fusebitnya alone without being able to write a new bootloader..
because I could not OSD remzibi integration with config tool and can not display the picture
novian89 is offline Find More Posts by novian89
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:32 AM
FPV addicted
Romania, Bucharest
Joined Jul 2010
396 Posts
https://sites.google.com/site/remzib...d/f-bootloader
http://www.mictronics.de/projects/remzibi-osd/

You must set de fuses before uploading bootloader.
futurebreeze is online now Find More Posts by futurebreeze
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:25 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,685 Posts
just a note... if anyone is messing with their GPS settings, dont set the GPS to 1hz... (you can see it update slowly in the video...)
Kickin it Short Range (5 min 31 sec)
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Custom All in one 1.3ghz RX
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:14 PM
Germany
Joined Oct 2010
39 Posts
Hey

I'm running the OSD on FW V1.80. Is it somehow possible that I enter the "real" OSD BIN without an usable GPS signal?

I mean, I power up the OSD an se the welcome screen with the information that it is searching a GPS signal. Is it somehow possible to jump to the next (real) screen? That would help for configure the OSD & BIN in house....

BR,
Michael
DerRose is offline Find More Posts by DerRose
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:55 PM
Gig 'Em!
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Nov 2010
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerRose View Post
Hey

I'm running the OSD on FW V1.80. Is it somehow possible that I enter the "real" OSD BIN without an usable GPS signal?

I mean, I power up the OSD an se the welcome screen with the information that it is searching a GPS signal. Is it somehow possible to jump to the next (real) screen? That would help for configure the OSD & BIN in house....

BR,
Michael
If I'm not mistaken, you can just hit the button to set the home position and it will go to flight mode. Try it.
TexasAggie is online now Find More Posts by TexasAggie
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:32 AM
Germany
Joined Oct 2010
39 Posts
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, you can just hit the button to set the home position and it will go to flight mode. Try it.
Thanks and sorry for the confusion. It was a mess up of firmwares by myself (was using at least the 1.79OF).

At least I had my first OSD flights yesterday with 7-10 Satellites. Distance and speed were working fine. But hight not. Sometimes it seems to work not, and sometimes it shows way to high values (now FW1.79 ).
Are 7-10 Satellites not enough to do a good altitude calculation?

BR and thank you,
Mike
DerRose is offline Find More Posts by DerRose