HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jokeane, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 07, 2008, 04:27 PM
"Spark Chaser"
United States, WI, Middleton
Joined Jun 2004
351 Posts
Discussion
Fokker DVII Maiden success

I flew the 32" WS Fokker DVII for the first time Friday evening. First flight was a bit scary, the trims were really far off and the plane is pretty responsive on the controls. It was also a bit windy. I managed to get it sorted out, flew around a bit, landed reasonably well.

Today I flew it again early in the morning before any wind had a chance to build. It is a pretty fun little flier. It moves right along on the little 400 size brushless motor. I'm using an APC 8x6 prop, cheapo ESC, and a 1300 mAh 3S lipo. Landing was an ugly one with a big bounce. No damage.

Since this is a 'fun scale' only, and the kit was very cheap, I don't feel as much concern when flying it as some of my nicer planes like the Sopwith Camel and Brio. So I flung it around the sky with abandon; doing loops, rolls, and stall turns.
jokeane is offline Find More Posts by jokeane
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Le Fish aerobatic slope glider
to remove ads between posts