HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by timocharis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 06, 2008, 10:35 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
Trader Rating: 139
Sold
14-turn 25awg dLRK Hex "Blue Wonder" 24-gram Outrunner $25 Shippe

I've been getting some "interesting" results from recent Blue Wonder rewinds, so I wanted to do one of the well-understood standard winds to compare with older versions. Specifically, I've been seeing more power at higher efficiency using the same wire/winding technique. This is possibly due to some change in the magnets over recent months.

This result continues to make me curious:

Hex 14y 25g dLRK Kv 1265 (Raw)
Hex 620 3S 8040 *D:
10149 rpm @ 11.13volts/7.42amps 526 grams 18.6 oz/thrust 80.8% Efficient

About two percentage points higher in efficiency and an ounce more power at the same time -- compared to my last version, which was about as good as these usually get. So I think something is up.

That's nearly perfect for small battery 3S fans. Excellent efficiency, fairly low draw and gobs of power.

Includes the stock motor mount (works fine) and a curious prop saver they like to throw in. I think it can handle GWS RS props, which makes it pretty much useless from my point of view. If you need a good prop saver, the best one I've seen on the current market is: http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=1552 (just got one today and it's terrific!)

$25 takes it. Free shipping is via USPS First Class Mail in the USA. Paypal only, and -->NO ECHECKS<-- please. PM for paypal address.

If your offer is accepted, you have 24 hours from the pm of paypal address to pay or the item will be relisted.

CANADA: If you're in Canada and Real Nice (but who there isn't?) I might also ship under compelling circumstances, but it does require filling out forms and waiting in line and stuff like that (which I Do Not Like) and does cost a bit more. On the other hand I love Canada, so quite often sentiment wins out over good sense.
timocharis is offline Find More Posts by timocharis
Last edited by timocharis; Sep 06, 2008 at 11:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2008, 10:50 PM
zoom zoom
USA, NJ, Mt Laurel
Joined Oct 2007
3,691 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
have you found that the new magnets are alot stronger aswell?
gotboostedvr6 is offline Find More Posts by gotboostedvr6
Old Sep 06, 2008, 11:14 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
That's what I'm wondering about. My first clue was that I can feel a gentle cogging when I turn the can, even without any wires on the stator. They used to practically freewheel.

When I first noticed it, I wondered if something was wrong. But the tests have been all very positive, so now I'm wondering if something is right!

Dave
Old Sep 06, 2008, 11:14 PM
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Aug 2000
2,012 Posts
Trader Rating: 46
I'll take it Tim. How much to ship to Canada?
Martin Irvine is offline Find More Posts by Martin Irvine
Old Sep 06, 2008, 11:34 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
Looking Sold

It's not a whole lot more, Martin. An extra buck should more than cover it if I recall correctly. I hope.

I guess it's been a while since I stood in "queue" (that popular in Canada too? Or just the Brits? Oh heck, you'll probably tell me it's "file d'attente" or some such. I'll shut up now...)

Except for USPS, it's always fun to do business with y'all! I'll pm the paypal address.

Dave
Old Sep 06, 2008, 11:55 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
Sold

Done deal.

Dave