Old Sep 06, 2008, 01:27 PM
Find More Posts by Shaggy
fly'n low
Port Charlotte Fl
Joined Jul 2004
229 Posts
Discussion
Kraft Eleck rider

I have 3 kraft eleck riders, One is new in the box complete radio, charger, and battery, the battery pack most likely no good since it is 20 + years old this is the almost ready to run version add paint to the body, charge the battery and go. the other is the kit version. the box is almost mint, looks like the build was started on it but never finished. no paint or anything like that. the other is just a rolling frame. I have a few spare parts, body ect. Does anyone have a clue on what these would be worth.
thanks
Shaggy
Shaggy is offline Find More Posts by Shaggy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2008, 08:11 PM
fly'n low
Port Charlotte Fl
Joined Jul 2004
229 Posts
no one?
Old Sep 06, 2008, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by slawsonb
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,921 Posts
PM sent.
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Sep 07, 2008, 12:00 PM
fly'n low
Port Charlotte Fl
Joined Jul 2004
229 Posts
Pm answered
Old Sep 08, 2008, 07:54 AM
fly'n low
Port Charlotte Fl
Joined Jul 2004
229 Posts
Trying To Figure Out How To Upload Pics Bare With Me
Last edited by Shaggy; Sep 08, 2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old Sep 08, 2008, 08:12 AM
fly'n low
Port Charlotte Fl
Joined Jul 2004
229 Posts
I feel stupid i guess if I would have looked i would have found the file attachment area
Old Sep 09, 2008, 06:39 PM
Find More Posts by W.C.mach
Flat out
Plymouth, MA
Joined Mar 2002
419 Posts
not to worry, I did the same thing till my son showed me the way.
W.C.mach is offline Find More Posts by W.C.mach
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by grymg
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,680 Posts
Hello, I am trying to help a friend sell a Kraft Eleck Rider brand new in box. Does anyone know how much it is worth? And is anybody interested?

For reference, I see used, beat up versions selling for $150 on ebay. This one is NIB.

It's sealed so can't open the lid.
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Last edited by grymg; Jan 26, 2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by katana2665
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
2,208 Posts
I have watched a lot of these over the years. Used ones range from $30 (rusted parts, missing pieces and dirty) to a used, but very clean version missing box, (just sold on ebay) for $152.00. Most of the time the bikes sell for between $60-$80 currently....all used though.

There is currently a new in box with sealed bags, but open and slightly damaged box for $899, which i find to be completely unreasonable.

During the golden days of Tamiya, before the reissue, it was common for a sealed in box Sand Scorcher to go for $2500.

And this page shows how often and in what condition they come up...though it won't show prices.

http://www.worthpoint.com/inventory/...R&categoryurl=

That said, for a sealed in box excellent condition box, a $500-$700 would not in my opinion be unreasonable...it will take a true collector to buy it though, so it may take a while, or it might go quickly if marketed on all the forums...

As it happens, I just bought my first one this week (missing body and rider) so made the deal according to that.
katana2665 is online now Find More Posts by katana2665
Old Jan 26, 2016, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by AntDX316
Joined Sep 2014
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by katana2665 View Post
I have watched a lot of these over the years. Used ones range from $30 (rusted parts, missing pieces and dirty) to a used, but very clean version missing box, (just sold on ebay) for $152.00. Most of the time the bikes sell for between $60-$80 currently....all used though.

There is currently a new in box with sealed bags, but open and slightly damaged box for $899, which i find to be completely unreasonable.

During the golden days of Tamiya, before the reissue, it was common for a sealed in box Sand Scorcher to go for $2500.

And this page shows how often and in what condition they come up...though it won't show prices.

http://www.worthpoint.com/inventory/...R&categoryurl=

That said, for a sealed in box excellent condition box, a $500-$700 would not in my opinion be unreasonable...it will take a true collector to buy it though, so it may take a while, or it might go quickly if marketed on all the forums...

As it happens, I just bought my first one this week (missing body and rider) so made the deal according to that.
How much did you pay?
AntDX316 is online now Find More Posts by AntDX316
Old Jan 26, 2016, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by Rcmoto
Joined Oct 2012
126 Posts
I'm interested . pM me price . Pic too
Rcmoto is offline Find More Posts by Rcmoto
Old Jan 27, 2016, 04:11 AM
Find More Posts by gnilre
Copenhagen, Danmark
Joined Dec 2009
56 Posts
Well there seem to be somebody still interested in the Eleck Rider! Apparently not aware of 6 cells is possible in 3 rows lengthwise, one below. And the gearbox wore out quickly I think because of dust from rear tyre blown down into bushes! We soon rebuilt to outside spur gear like later the DWA had. Of cause we used the 540 motor out of 1::12 carpet cars. Think there are frames for a handful of bikes to be built stowed away somewhere in a card board box. By the way somewhere in the text is stated it turns rear wheel backwards when brake applied!! That is not the way I remember. We used the same resistor arrangement in the carpet racers and an extra micro switch to reverse till that use was forbidden. Do not think it would be possible to use a brake that forceful. Tried it 15 years earlier than the ER on scalectric slot car track. Car went out of control. But a surprise for fellow competitors when he blocked my track and I could reverse say an inch and bump into him once more. But on the second try I was exposed! In the day I probably used the wrong paint cause the plastic fairing and tank seat cracked to pieces.
Erling.
gnilre is offline Find More Posts by gnilre