HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:06 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,067 Posts
Re

Wow, this thread has been dead for a while but I'm hoping someone comes here every now and then. I bought one of these here on RCG that was NIB. Upon receiving it I was looking things over and one of the fans seem to move in and out when I push on it. I have the 3900kv motor version with the metal shroud. I pulled the motor cone off and I can see the back end of the shaft move in and out a bit when I push/pull on the fan. Is there a way to fix this issue? I've tried pulling the fan off but the whole shaft spins and nut wont come off. I'm sure I can get it but am afraid I may damage the threads on the adapter trying so I wanted to see if I will be able to fix it once I do get the fan off. My initial though was that adapter was just sliding on shaft but as I said I see the shaft moving as I move the fan fore/aft. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:46 AM
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Oct 2006
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Wow, this thread has been dead for a while but I'm hoping someone comes here every now and then. I bought one of these here on RCG that was NIB. Upon receiving it I was looking things over and one of the fans seem to move in and out when I push on it. I have the 3900kv motor version with the metal shroud. I pulled the motor cone off and I can see the back end of the shaft move in and out a bit when I push/pull on the fan. Is there a way to fix this issue? I've tried pulling the fan off but the whole shaft spins and nut wont come off. I'm sure I can get it but am afraid I may damage the threads on the adapter trying so I wanted to see if I will be able to fix it once I do get the fan off. My initial though was that adapter was just sliding on shaft but as I said I see the shaft moving as I move the fan fore/aft. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.
From what it sounds like that's pretty normal for the motor shaft, or armature, to be able to push in and out of its casing. As long as the armature, the shaft you may be talking about, isn't moving side to side which can indicate a bad bearing, then it should be fine. However, if the motor is indeed pushing in and out of the casing excessively, then yes it can be a problem.

Anyways, I just received a new 76mm Rafale kit from parkrcmodels.com recently and just finished the build. The build process is in my blogs page. Here are a few pictures of this beauty. Hope you like!
Roen is offline Find More Posts by Roen
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:58 AM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
926 Posts
Hi all, hope somebody still flys this jet. I am building mine now but intends to hand-launch it. I have the white french demo version.

Have so far removed the retracts, and covered the exposed retract openings. Am going to use the Sapac 64mm Black Tornado motors with Sapac 64mm EDF on 3S. Expecting about 350W/EDF drawing about 29A ea.. Will be using 2 x 3S 2200mah.

Have yet to check the AUW. May apply fibreglass to strengthen the belly for landing after completing the build.

Worried about the CG as the Sapac 64mm EDF setup would be much lighter than the Lander Metal/Plastic 70mm units.

What's the best CG position? I've read here of successful maidens with the CG ranging from 95mm to 115mm.

Thanks.
fooyukvoon is offline Find More Posts by fooyukvoon