HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2008, 09:27 PM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,707 Posts
Discussion
Losi 1/18 Mini Crawler

Hey guys-anyone else have one of these?

I couldn't resist picking one up today in the LHS. I am an airplane guy new to Crawlers. So far this looks like it will be fun. If I get into it, maybe I'll go for a larger kit at some point. I also picked up the Crawler mag, but am at the bottom of the learning curve right now.

-Jon
echoplanar is online now Find More Posts by echoplanar
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2008, 12:50 AM
Michigan, Tri City area
Joined Jun 2006
677 Posts
im a gasser guy, i ve moved to the 1/5 scale rcs. one 1/5 onroad and 2 baja 5B, one rtr one ss in big versions of upgrades on both.

i bought the Axial Kit and its TOTALLY different from the others ive had. i like it alot.
the lil losi looks cool and would be fun for inside.
Timmahh is offline Find More Posts by Timmahh
Old Sep 06, 2008, 02:31 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
I didn't realize they hit the stores yet. I'm definately going to pick one up. I'm interested to see how it will hang with the larger 2.2 crawlers. Worse case, I can use it for indoor crawing and terrorizing my dogs
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Sep 06, 2008, 02:59 PM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,707 Posts
This thing is fun! Between this and the Parkzone Vapor my house is turning into and indoor r/c wonderland.

Reading some other forums it sounds like there will be hop-up parts coming and some talk of making Minis a class in competition. I lost interest in cars years ago, but this is a whole different challenge.

Here are a few pics of the beast.

-Jon
Old Sep 06, 2008, 03:24 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Cool!! If my LHS has them in stock, I'll grab one tomorrow. I'm sure it will run fine at our crawl spots. It might not take the same routes as the full size ones but it should be fun just the same. I have tons of leftover parts from our other builds, maybe something could be used on the Losi
Old Sep 06, 2008, 06:20 PM
Joined Sep 2008
40 Posts
yeah i just left my lhs and the thing is awesome wish i had the cash to get one
chevycrawlerSD is offline Find More Posts by chevycrawlerSD
Old Sep 06, 2008, 08:59 PM
Short Drop-Sudden Stop!
Joined Apr 2004
501 Posts
!!!

Definately eyeballing this one.Winter is coming soon.Living room crawling sessions.Pillow crawling is a blast.
ltz400 is offline Find More Posts by ltz400
Old Sep 06, 2008, 09:06 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,617 Posts
We were just in our LHS this afternoon and they had one. The owner very smartly thrust the controller into the hand of my 4 yr old daughter, saying she would have no problems driving it. She didn't, she loved it and now the wheels are turning in Dads head...you know, I bought it for HER, not for me!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2008, 09:10 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR
We were just in our LHS this afternoon and they had one. The owner very smartly thrust the controller into the hand of my 4 yr old daughter, saying she would have no problems driving it. She didn't, she loved it and now the wheels are turning in Dads head...you know, I bought it for HER, not for me!

I use that excuse all the time. My kids had some nice guns and motorcycles when they were still in diapers

My LHS doesn't have one as of this afternoon. I'm going to order one from one of the RCCrawlers.com supporters.
Old Sep 06, 2008, 09:49 PM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltz400
Definately eyeballing this one.Winter is coming soon.Living room crawling sessions.Pillow crawling is a blast.
We have been doing alot of pillow crawling...and er...crawling over kids and spouses. My 6 year old daughter is starting to drive it too and loves it.

-Jon
Old Sep 06, 2008, 09:52 PM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,707 Posts
Quote:
My wife asked if it was new-I told her it was just an old plane I modified into a truck. Well, she's not quite that naive about the r/c stuff turns out.

-Jon
Old Sep 06, 2008, 09:53 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,617 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe that one will work for me? I REALLY want to get one for my daughter. And the LHS price was even ten bucks less than mail order!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2008, 10:00 PM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Hmmmm, maybe that one will work for me? I REALLY want to get one for my daughter. And the LHS price was even ten bucks less than mail order!
It might, worth a try as it is super fun.

My wife had a great smile when she was watching my daughter learning to drive it with help from me. It's not too loud and can't go fast. When she gets good at it I'll let her drive it over me. Tell your wife it's for bonding and being a good Dad. How can she argue with that?!?!

-Jon
Old Sep 06, 2008, 10:53 PM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,707 Posts
Here is a nice indoor video of the Losi-not me, but shows what it can do
inside.

Actually looking at the video looks like he has the battery mounted on top of the servo which will help with the crawlin'.

Losi Crawler

-Jon
Last edited by echoplanar; Sep 06, 2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2008, 06:16 PM
Short Drop-Sudden Stop!
Joined Apr 2004
501 Posts
!!!

Awesome vid-Maybe this winter wont be so boring after all!
ltz400 is offline Find More Posts by ltz400