HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2008, 03:02 PM
Joined Sep 2008
1 Posts
Hey, whatever happened to the 109 that you said was in the works in the P-51 thread... it was a while ago and I never did see the model for sale.
Thanks,
Krys

Oh, and I also vote for a warbird of any flavor in the 50" wingspan range
krysallen is offline Find More Posts by krysallen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2008, 03:27 PM
Joined Jul 2005
14 Posts
What happen to my SUPERCUB! Dan
k4dan is offline Find More Posts by k4dan
Old Oct 15, 2008, 03:38 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,214 Posts
And I thought I was hard on Brian!

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Oct 16, 2008, 03:32 PM
A Clinger
Butte, MT
Joined Sep 2001
7,070 Posts
BEC, I do like the look of the Fusion and looks like a fun build... just a bit to big. I want something that runs comfortably with around 300W.... I keep going back to the size of the SA Groove or E-Tana as the 'sweet spot' size for me . 25 to 35 oz max AUW.... 44 to 50" WS. Uses 2100 to 2500 3S1P packs.... Sounds like the 'Sporty47-P' plane would fit the bill .
rclark is offline Find More Posts by rclark
Old Oct 16, 2008, 04:06 PM
USA, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Sep 2000
3,776 Posts
A sportplane that is good for 400watts and mates nicely to a 4SA123 pack would be great. I have a Tigerkitten using about this powersystem right now but it's aging and could use a replacement one of these days. This is my favorite sized sport plane. Handles not so smooth grass runways well and is still easy to see in the air and not too difficult to transport or expensive on the batteries. And please please please have a cowl or otherwise faired nose and not a motor on the firewall hanging in the breeze. Something that looks similar to the fusion but a bit smaller would be great.
RyanPSU21 is offline Find More Posts by RyanPSU21
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:54 PM
BYOP - Build Your Own Planes
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Mar 2001
1,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysallen
Hey, whatever happened to the 109 that you said was in the works in the P-51 thread... it was a while ago and I never did see the model for sale.
Well, it was a FW-190A, but I never took it further than the first flight model. There were quite a few things I didn't like and I never got back to it. Ultimately (inside joke for the kit lovers out there), I might look at it again in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4dan
What happen to my SUPERCUB!
It's still being worked on as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPSU21
And please please please have a cowl or otherwise faired nose and not a motor on the firewall hanging in the breeze. Something that looks similar to the fusion but a bit smaller would be great.
Oh, it'll definitely have a cowling up front. No motor sticking out in the breeze on this plane!
Mountain Models is offline Find More Posts by Mountain Models
Old Oct 17, 2008, 07:54 AM
Upstate NY
Joined Sep 2008
56 Posts
Does anyone know when and if the 3 channel version of the EZ Sport is coming out with the higher dihedral wings?

I have been learning on the Easy Star and looking at building a kit like the EZ Sport over the winter. Wanted to start flying it as a 3 channel to use the same radio I use for my E* until I get a new 4 channel radio then convert the EZ Sport to the aileron wing.
haybale22 is offline Find More Posts by haybale22
Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:40 AM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
USA, MA, Longmeadow
Joined Jun 2003
1,802 Posts
Haybale22, I'm not an expert on the EZ Series, but I believe that the wings for all three models (Scout, Cub, Sport) are the same, whether you go three channel or 4 channel. The EZ Scout manual even mentions the ailerons as an option (it is downloadable from the MM website to look at). I'm sure Brian will respond with a more accurate answer.

Mark
buzzltyr is online now Find More Posts by buzzltyr
Old Oct 17, 2008, 09:02 AM
Upstate NY
Joined Sep 2008
56 Posts
Thanks Mark,

The MM website says that ...

"The EZ Series™ can be flown as 4-channel versions (rudder, elevator, throttle, and aileron) or with the higher dihedral wings (coming soon) as 3 channel (rudder, elevator, and throttle)."

-Mark also
Old Oct 17, 2008, 09:03 AM
BYOP - Build Your Own Planes
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Mar 2001
1,721 Posts
The 3 channel versions are going to have more dihedral and, of course, no ailerons.

I do have 12 sets of cores that I cut accidentally, but I haven't test flown anything with them yet. I'll try to get a couple flown in the next few weeks.

Brian
Mountain Models is offline Find More Posts by Mountain Models
Old Oct 17, 2008, 09:13 AM
Upstate NY
Joined Sep 2008
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberwein
The 3 channel versions are going to have more dihedral and, of course, no ailerons.

I do have 12 sets of cores that I cut accidentally, but I haven't test flown anything with them yet. I'll try to get a couple flown in the next few weeks.

Brian
Thanks Brian,

I really like the looks for the Sport but want to fly it as a 3 channel for awhile until I get a new radio as I said. The EZ series looks like a great way to get my feet wet in building kits though. I could always start out with the Dandy but really like the looks of the Sport.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 10:55 AM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
USA, MA, Longmeadow
Joined Jun 2003
1,802 Posts
Haybale, you are 'way ahead of me! I missed that detail. I'm sure Brian will be able to accomodate your interest.

Mark
buzzltyr is online now Find More Posts by buzzltyr
Old Oct 22, 2008, 05:40 PM
USA, CA, Dublin
Joined Jul 2006
139 Posts
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but I need some help to pick between the Flashback and the EVA Sport.
I'm looking to build my first balsa plane and I'd like to get either the Flashback or the EVA Sport.
I was pretty much set on getting the EVA Sport but I've been flying a GWS formosa that I really enjoy flying and I've heard that the Flashback has similar flight characteristics as the Formosa. I would love to get something that flies like the formosa but is made out of Balsa instead of foam. So, question for you guys that have flown both, how is the EVA Sport different than the Flashback. Also, as far as building goes, which one is easier to build? or are they both pretty similar?
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
pwu_1 is offline Find More Posts by pwu_1
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:09 PM
Joined Jan 2007
83 Posts
pwu 1
I have been flying an eva sport all summer
its powered with an e flite 450 outrunner and a 2100 mah lipo]
it was very easy to build and its very easy to fly
I parked it in a tree and it was easy to repair
for xmas I'll be ordering the the biplane eva version
I have to do my patriotic duty to keep MM in business looweegee
looweegee is offline Find More Posts by looweegee
Old Oct 22, 2008, 06:13 PM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,538 Posts
I haven't built both, just the Flashback. If you want a balsa version of the Formosa, then that's it. If all you want is pattern type stuff I don't think there is a better plane.

But, the Eva would help you stretch your flying skills a bit as I think it's flight regime is a bit more expanded, if you get the 3D wing kit (which is what I would suggest, rather than the sport wing). To begin you could just turn down the throws a bit and then work into the more dramatic stuff. And, when you got bored with one wing you could add the second one

Depends on what you want.

charlie
portablevcb is offline Find More Posts by portablevcb