HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:25 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,918 Posts
Wow Brian, sorry to hear that! I certainly can feel your pain. I have been fighting back pain for over a year now and it really sucks!

I certainly hope you get to feeling better. As with the others, thoughts and prayers for you.

And thanks for dropping in and letting us know how you are doing. It takes a big man to reveal things like this and we can certainly understand your situation.

Get well soon!

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:45 AM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,373 Posts
Sorry to hear Brian. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
JimTMich is offline Find More Posts by JimTMich
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:44 PM
Throw a glider!
Columbus Ohio
Joined Mar 2007
401 Posts
Brian,
Hope the recovery is going well. Just wanted to say I really enjoyed building your Fighter 22 kit. It was my first foamy ever, and my first brushless setup. (I am primarily a free flight builder and RC DLG flyer).
My son and I saw the F22 at the indoor fest here in Columbus, and I decided to try one.
Fun build, great kit, great directions.
I went with a retro paint scheme, invasion stripes on the bottom as well.
Get well soon,
~Jim Buxton
glider90 is offline Find More Posts by glider90
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:52 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,918 Posts
Jim,

Nicely done! The paint scheme is very good.

Frank
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:24 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,398 Posts
Brian,

It's brutal what has happened and I can only wish you the best in your recovery and hope that things are sorted out for you ASAP.

Yes, it's likely that there's going to be a bit of a fallout due to missing dates, orders and responses, but realistically the greater portion of the R/C community is going to be as supportive as it possibly can be and will certainly do what it can to get things rolling again for you when you've recovered.

You and you're ilk are a precious element within the domestic community.

Regards,
Paul.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:09 AM
United States, MD, Adelphi
Joined Feb 2013
32 Posts
Brian,

Good luck, if the steroid injections don't work (usually the first course of treatment) I would encourage you to push the doctor for surgical options, especially if pain is still radiating down the leg. When you have pain down the leg and numbness in your feet it could indicate that a nerve is being compressed by the herniated tissue. Fixing it is quite easy, typically done through a laminectomy or a disectomy, which typically show immediate pain relief and have short recovery times (a week in most cases).

I offer this advice because no one did it for me when I collapsed L5-S1, and spent nearly a year with a limp. Even after three steroid injections.

And I think Brian hit the nail on the head about the business "but realistically the greater portion of the R/C community is going to be as supportive as it possibly can be and will certainly do what it can to get things rolling again for you when you've recovered." Don't sweat it, get healthy!

Jon
jcov1979 is offline Find More Posts by jcov1979
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:11 PM
Greenville, Wi
Joined Nov 2004
319 Posts
Brian,
Welcome back to Wisconsin winters. Sorry to hear about the back, never a good thing to have happen. I can't imagine what it's like trying to dig out on your street. (I live about 5 miles west of him, The plows on his busy 4 lane road have got to suck) We've been hammered this year, Cold (-F), then it warms up, 35+, then back to the deep freeze. Then snow, we've had lots of it this year, large amounts, then 2-6", ect..... Typical wisconsin, wait a minute, then it changes.
mag1 is offline Find More Posts by mag1
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:53 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,918 Posts
Anyone see the article about MM in Model Aviation? Nice article.

Frank
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:00 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Anyone see the article about MM in Model Aviation? Nice article.

Frank
Yes it was!

I also saw the pictures of my SpookE and PeregrinE in the January Flying Models.

OW! I think I just hurt my arm patting myself on the back!
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:20 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,480 Posts
Ordered a Bogie with the package this morning. Look like my kind
of plane. Got some Red and Yellow transparent lite covering for
it on hand. The structure in the wing cries out, "LOOK AT ME!"
Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:31 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Jan 2009
368 Posts
Here is a picture of the Bogie 72 I finished this winter. Weather here is not conducive to a maiden yet, but I can't wait. I'm now working on a SpookE. It's a great airplane to build.
moparherb is offline Find More Posts by moparherb
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:33 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,480 Posts
I got the little one, 38" I think.
Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:35 PM
Joined Jan 2009
368 Posts
I'll bet that one is a good build and a great flyer also. Good luck with your build.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 03:14 PM
Joined Jan 2009
368 Posts
I have a quick question. I'm currently building the MM SpookE and the build part is complete. Now the part I dislike the most, covering. I'm using Coverite Microlite and I have one issue. Because this covering is like colorized Saran Wrap it is tough to work with, but I have used it in the past without this particular problem. Because the wood in the SpookE is sooooooo thin when you cover one side it wants to stick to the other side. Shrinking will not release the two half's where they are stuck together. I cover one half (horz.stab) and then shrink good and tight. Then when I cover the other side, it seems tight enough but when you shrink it there are a couple of places that are stuck together. One side to the other. Doesn't seem to be any answer to this I have recovered this surface twice. Any suggestions appreciated.....thank you.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 03:39 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,232 Posts
moparherb,

When using Solite (same stuff) I always give it a light dusting of baby powder and rub it around evenly. That keeps it from sticking together and doesn't seem to affect adhesion at all. I've heard of wiping it with dryer sheets too but I haven't tried that one.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe