HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2008, 05:17 AM
Earth-Europe-Finland-Espoo-Friisilš
Joined Sep 2007
663 Posts
Question
changing poles-number in existing files?

Hi,

I made an stupid mistake on entering wrong number of poles for brushless sensor. It lead to rather suprising rpm-figures in recorded flights.

Question : how I should alter the datafiles to get the recorded flights to display correct RPM? Ie. I want fix the existing files.

Is it possible to load datafile to excel and do some scaling/other math and then save it back?

Tuomas
tuootal is offline Find More Posts by tuootal
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2008, 02:21 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi Tuomas,

Yes, you can loadthe files in excel as "space delimited" - the instructions are in the user manual if needed.

You could probably devise a simple formula to alter all the RPM fields automatically. I beleive you would simply need to multiply the #'s by the ratio of new poles to old poles.

When saving the file, make sure you save it as type CSV, and the application should then be able to still load it.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor