HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2008, 06:44 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
USA, FL, Green Cove Springs
Joined Jul 2008
1,583 Posts
Question
Yet another this one or that one question. GT Power A6 vs. Turnigy Accucel

Hate to bother everyone with yet another question. I really did do a search, but no luck.

Which charger would you recommend between these 2?
https://fusion-pack.com/productdetai...?id=108&cat=88

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...r_&_Discharger

I will be charging NiMH's up to 8 cells, and Lipos up to 3s. I really don't see myself ever getting larger than that.

I like the temp probe and usb out on the A6, but I sure like the price on the Turnigy. I want the discharge and balance features both of these offer.

I'd like to pull the trigger on purchasing one of these this afternoon, so any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks
UJ
ugly john is offline Find More Posts by ugly john
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2008, 07:57 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly john
Hate to bother everyone with yet another question. I really did do a search, but no luck.

Which charger would you recommend between these 2?
https://fusion-pack.com/productdetai...?id=108&cat=88

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...r_&_Discharger

I will be charging NiMH's up to 8 cells, and Lipos up to 3s. I really don't see myself ever getting larger than that.

I like the temp probe and usb out on the A6, but I sure like the price on the Turnigy. I want the discharge and balance features both of these offer.

I'd like to pull the trigger on purchasing one of these this afternoon, so any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks
UJ
John, there is a small review on the GT Power A6 over in the Watt Flyer forums. From what I read, they are a great value for the price. The Accucel has some good reviews as well. But to me, the difference between the two are, FUSION PACK is local, US based. Hobby City is in China. It would be tought to get customer service over there if you had a problem.

I also was looking at a GT Power Charger, the V5. But I found that the FMA Cellpro 4s charger was on sale for $60.00 and the combo with power adapter could be had for $89.00 so I decided on the Cellpro. It has the greatest reviews of any charger that i found and everyone who owns one raves about them. They are a plug & play charger, nothing to gauge nothing to set just plug it in and it will automatically tell the size of the battery, how much charge it already has and how much to put in it.

The Cellpro isn't nothing fancy, but it's one of the safest lipo chargers on the market bar none. The IG plus is, it's made and sold in the US with great customer support if you have a problem with it.
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Old Sep 04, 2008, 08:24 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
Joined Jul 2008
1,583 Posts
The FMA Cellpro 4s doesn't do NiMH though, does it? Sure doesn't sound like it on the site. I really want to have multi-chemistry capability.

Thanks for the plug for wattflyer. Yet another site to look at while at work!
Old Sep 04, 2008, 08:35 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Quote:
The FMA Cellpro 4s doesn't do NiMH though, does it? Sure doesn't sound like it on the site. I really want to have multi-chemistry capability.

No, the Cellpro is for lipos only. If I had to choose between the to you mentioned, I would opt for the GT Power A6. If you email Fusion Pack, they might be willing to work out a decent deal for you. Especially if you ge a combo like charger, power supply and lipo batteries. I think they were just offering free shipping in the US on the chargers.
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Old Sep 04, 2008, 08:39 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Quote:

I have a Multiplex 5014 N I no longer use if you are in the market! Note that is it NOT a balancing charger, but it is capapable of "multi-chemistry." PM if interested.
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
Old Sep 08, 2008, 03:52 PM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
Joined Jul 2008
1,583 Posts
I opted for the GT A6. I ordered Friday afternoon, it was on my door step today (Monday). Wow- that was fast!

Charging batteries with it right now.