Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Chino Tom, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 03, 2008, 06:46 PM
Chino, CA
Joined Dec 2006
140 Posts
Discussion
Getting there

Since my last entry, have sold my RV-6 (november) and continue all out to finish the RV-8A. The airframe is done and the engine and electronics are all installed. What remains is mostly finish work. The wings have been installed, all the controls rigged and them removed. They will be re-installed after paint. Currently finishing up the forward baggage door. This is the one of the last parts to be assembled and installed. The finish work are things like fairings and making all the fiberglass ready for paint. Looking like it will fly before the end of the year or early January 09. The total focus recently to complete this project (started the RV-8A fours years ago August, the RV-6 took 5 years to complete) has precluded much RC fun...but I did just buy the Vapor seen in the picture. So far one test flight. It's going to be a nice fun diversion.
Chino Tom is offline Find More Posts by Chino Tom
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2008, 03:35 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,634 Posts
Getting there is right. Thanks for posting some progress pics! You're gonna love the Vapor. I enjoy harrassing the neighbors cat with mine.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine