HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 12:46 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
SloFly

Thanks to Court, I ended up with the goodies for a SloFly.

Nothing special about the build, Pico servo's, Pico rcvr, 2204-14 motor, CC 10amp controller.

It flies great!! Only had it out a couple of times due to weather and time, but I like it. My backyard is small, and my flyable area is the size of half of a BBall court, so the SloFly is perfect...if I catch a tree, who cares...no harm to the airframe!

I decided that since this is my "go to" airframe, I would try my hand at shooting some color on it. Now, keep in mind I am not an artist...when I draw stick people, you cannot identify them..

I was using a Badger 200 single action gun, and playing around with some masks I free-handed. With a little practice, I am sure I will be able to get some awesome results.

Paint is the cheap 99 cent stuff from walmart, thinned with Future floor wax.

Tim
AG4RZ
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:19 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
That should make at least 3 Sloflys to make it to Eden. Larry and I will both have one, and I plan on building that Yak55 tonight and tomorrow I also have my 36" Yak 54 floppy flyer that will be there. I am also trying to build a Goolie this weekend, but don't know if I have all the parts to get it ready for the indoor. Plus, I don't see me flying it at Eden really. Too loud and fast.

Nice job man. What is your AUW on it?

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:24 PM
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
Fatter than I wanted, Diggs...6.2 ounces...but hey, I didn't go the distance with lightening this thing up like I did my Ghost..Oh, wait...I haven't posted a pic of the Ghost yet...lemme fix that oversight!

Tim
AG4RZ
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:27 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Ah yeah, I have been wanting to do one of those too! Nice, can't wait to see it at Eden.

6.2OZ!!! That is almost perfect! I think you have me beat by 2 ozs. I am sure it flys great that lite.

Diggs
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:31 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Hey I saw that fly and your dog house on HPP. Nice.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:31 PM
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
Dude, the Ghost is AWESOME! I got to fly Bill's demo Ghost's at EFest, and since I have been a longtime fanboy, I just had to have one...It flies so light it has to be seen to be believed!!!

I cannot say enough about the work and attention Bill has put into the design of the Ghost...it is a true Joy to fly. Eden will be a blast for sure this time!!

BTW, Fred has something special up his sleave for this trip and the "EVC" Can you say prizes? Awesome ones to..FlightPass member ships!!!

Tim
AG4RZ
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:33 PM
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
Jaime, The doghouse is going to be kitted....I was very honored and surprised when I was approached about it. Like I tell everyone else, I am just a poor country boy from the foothills of NC who likes to fly his planes...I never thought I would have a design go into production!!

Tim
AG4RZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
Hey I saw that fly and your dog house on HPP. Nice.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:41 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
sweet! Let me review it! hehe
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:45 PM
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
That might just happen...with the reach you guys have...it could be a fruitful move for me!

I will keep that in mind!

Tim
AG4RZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
sweet! Let me review it! hehe
Old Feb 27, 2009, 06:58 PM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
I just received the Scorpion swag pack from Lucien for submitting the PSC question. It looks great. Thanks a lot Lucien and keep up the great PSC segments. I learn a ton from them.

Steve
Socomon is offline Find More Posts by Socomon
Old Feb 27, 2009, 07:58 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLYOS
That might just happen...with the reach you guys have...it could be a fruitful move for me!

I will keep that in mind!

Tim
AG4RZ

Well for some reason those crazy people in Australia and New Zealand (All the same right ) listen to the show! And those guys in Europe too. I am sure Snoopy would love a trip to one of those locations! Heck, I would. I am waiting for someone at Siemens to realize I work for the company and fly me to Germany to fly with them

Diggs
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:03 PM
13 year old MANIAC!!
Melbourne,Australia
Joined Jul 2008
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Well for some reason those crazy people in Australia and New Zealand (All the same right ) listen to the show! And those guys in Europe too. I am sure Snoopy would love a trip to one of those locations! Heck, I would. I am waiting for someone at Siemens to realize I work for the company and fly me to Germany to fly with them

Diggs
Just because I want to take over the world dosen't mean I'm crazy

LOL redroste295
redroste295 is offline Find More Posts by redroste295
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:50 PM
KJ4YNM
Manassas, VA
Joined Sep 2006
1,406 Posts
Better watch out. If Snoopy goes flying in Germany, he'll be watching his six all the time! Or looking for something to come out of the sun!
--
Tom
RCPtero is offline Find More Posts by RCPtero
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:22 AM
Ook!
New Zealand
Joined Aug 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Well for some reason those crazy people in Australia and New Zealand (All the same right ) listen to the show! <snip>

Diggs
Not if you keep up with the insults, mate!
skaffen is online now Find More Posts by skaffen
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:39 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaffen
Not if you keep up with the insults, mate!
You hadn't been around in a while. I thought that might bring you out in the open

Diggs