SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 09:53 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
Hey Chris, Diggs, and Jamie, I have a question.
I have a Zune Mp3 player and have the Zune software set to automatically check and download new episodes when they show up as available. However, they never show up as available till about 3-4 days after the episode is posted....But, I can go to the ATTF.com site and see that the latest podcast is up.

Any ideas what may be the cause?

That is a Burke question I don't use portable players even though I have one of the old 40gb Ipods, and I don't use portable phones for anything but making calls on. Yeah, I am old.

As for the Dog. I was also concerned about it chasing the Katana. The Slofly I wasn't concerned about due to its weight and slow speed. The Dog just started chasing us and the owners thought it was great. But I agree, we shouldn't have done it, even though I just spectated the entire time, I should have mentioned it was a bad idea. I am becoming the safety Nazi in our group it seems. Which is not a fun position to be in. I tend to offend people when I say something.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:03 PM
Master of the Touch and Tumble
On the green side of the Grass
Joined Jan 2005
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
Hey Chris, Diggs, and Jamie, I have a question.
I have a Zune Mp3 player and have the Zune software set to automatically check and download new episodes when they show up as available. However, they never show up as available till about 3-4 days after the episode is posted....But, I can go to the ATTF.com site and see that the latest podcast is up.

Any ideas what may be the cause?
Do you launch the Zune software every day? Mine downloads new content shortly after I launch zune. I usually connect the Zune and let it sync after I see a post on ATTF thread.
RadioActive is offline Find More Posts by RadioActive
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:11 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
Yes I do. Even as late as this evening, and it still doesn't show up... weird
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:15 PM
Joined Jan 2005
701 Posts
Do you remember what you put for the URL?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:17 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
The zune is a real device?

Assuming your date/time is proper on the pc/zune then it sould sync in time. however if the zune store is slow to syndicate with libsyn.. that would be with them. Looks like Radio is using a Zune and it works fine? You have the latest zune software?

You guys are both in the same section of the US.. hmm..
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:21 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
tried to post a screenshot of my podcast list and didn't work
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:25 PM
Joined Jan 2005
701 Posts
Yeah I downloaded the latest software right away. I had trouble at first I think it was I put the wrong ULR in the first time. It has worked fine since I changed the URL. I think I'm using http://insideheli.libsyn.com/rss , I tried to verify but Zune software won't let me see it. On another note I can't get #82 to change from #84, I guess it will be over written when the real # 84 comes out.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:32 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2007
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
As for the Dog. I was also concerned about it chasing the Katana. The Slofly I wasn't concerned about due to its weight and slow speed. The Dog just started chasing us and the owners thought it was great. But I agree, we shouldn't have done it, even though I just spectated the entire time, I should have mentioned it was a bad idea. I am becoming the safety Nazi in our group it seems. Which is not a fun position to be in. I tend to offend people when I say something.

Diggs
Thanks Diggs. I agree, it's not fun, but I think it's worth speaking up, even if other people get upset. If you can avoid an accident that's all that matters.

People do a lot of stupid things in RC. I heard a story today about someone catching a helicopter while flying it FPV - talk about a Darwin Award winner. The worst part is they pulled it off, and there were probably people watching who thought it was cool. Just like that idiot who posted a video of hovering a collective pitch heli over people in his living room. I've never had a serious injury related to RC, but I do have a lot of respect for motors and engines, and stay far away from them when live.

Daniel
dswitkin is offline Find More Posts by dswitkin
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:41 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
I got a SamSung S3 MP3 player last week. I have just been going through Itunes, and downloading the podcasts, them putting them on my MP3 player. #82 showed up on Itunes the same day it was posted on the site.
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:08 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Na, it wont overwrite it since it will be a diff name (ATTF #84 Diggs goes crazy) or something like that..
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:08 AM
Miami, FL
Joined Mar 2007
683 Posts
diggs, you've been talking about that slofly non-stop and i'll agree that its a really fun plane, it was the first scratch build i made but then i discovered this 30inch yak by leadfeather and i'll never go back to the slo fly

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964237

try it out, you wont be disappointed. the entire power/servo system from the slofly works on it.
Figure.N9ne is offline Find More Posts by Figure.N9ne
Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:23 AM
13 year old MANIAC!!
Melbourne,Australia
Joined Jul 2008
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameotron
You're right Daniel, things can go bad faster than you can blink:

http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=71982
Too right, I agree you should keep your dogs at home and small children under supervision. After seeing a kid almost been hit by a plane the other week at my local field

Hope Bear the dog gets better
redroste295
redroste295 is offline Find More Posts by redroste295
Old Feb 18, 2009, 05:28 AM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioActive
Yeah I downloaded the latest software right away. I had trouble at first I think it was I put the wrong ULR in the first time. It has worked fine since I changed the URL. I think I'm using http://insideheli.libsyn.com/rss , I tried to verify but Zune software won't let me see it. On another note I can't get #82 to change from #84, I guess it will be over written when the real # 84 comes out.
When I initially set up my Zune, I just used the URL to the main page of the site, and qucikly realized that that didn't work. I then followed the links to get the RSS feed and copy / pasted the url in the settings. It has since worked that way, but always gets the latest ones a few days after they are posted. This morning, when I started my computer up and checked, it started downloading ATTF # 80 and IH # 47. It may have to do with some series settings on my end, and I will just play around with them until I figure it out.
Now that I know that a fellow Zune user gets them with no problem, I think it is me.....
Old Feb 18, 2009, 05:33 AM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
I got a SamSung S3 MP3 player last week. I have just been going through Itunes, and downloading the podcasts, them putting them on my MP3 player. #82 showed up on Itunes the same day it was posted on the site.
I know this is OT, so I will keep it brief....
I try to avoid Itunes whenever possible. All my kids have Ipods, and we have bought songs from Itunes to load on their ipods. Now that I have a zune, I tried to load some of the songs that I PAID FOR on my Zune, and it won't work. Seems Apple uses a proprietary file type when you download songs from itunes, and you cannot use them on other devices ( or at least my zune)
So.... LSS I refuse to use itunes until they change the way they do that...

Ok, I am done now.. back to your regularly scheduled program.....
Old Feb 18, 2009, 06:15 AM
South Africa
Joined Dec 2007
207 Posts
Lol, welcome to DRM. Apple has only recently removed the DRM from all songs, however all songs already purchased will still have the DRM applied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

The iTunes Store, run by Apple Inc., allows users to purchase a track online for $.99 US. The tracks purchased use Apple's FairPlay DRM system. Apple later launched iTunes Plus, which offered higher quality DRM-free tracks for a higher price. On October 17, 2007, iTunes Plus became available at the usual $.99 price, replacing the non-Plus tracks.[13] As of January 6, 2009 Apple had announced at their keynote that iTunes will be completely DRM free by the end of the month.
Bobbo is offline Find More Posts by Bobbo