SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:48 PM
Grampa Tony
Lawrenceville, GA - Northeast Atlanta
Joined Jan 2009
1,487 Posts
Geeze Moose - all of four minutes to reply? You slackin' or something?

Grateful Grampa Tony
annarelli is offline Find More Posts by annarelli
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:55 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFlyer View Post
Hey Diggs. I just sold a couple RC related items tonight and the guy paid via PayPal. The money already showed up in my PayPal balance without any restrictions. PayPal won't even know when I ship the items. This transaction was only $25, but I don't see any change.

Marc
But, can you now pull those funds from paypal to your bank account? And was the money sent as a payment or as a Gift? I think those are the key things.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Sep 16, 2010, 09:07 PM
Close enough
United States, NM, Los Alamos
Joined Jun 2008
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
But, can you now pull those funds from paypal to your bank account? And was the money sent as a payment or as a Gift? I think those are the key things.

Diggs
I'm not sure if was sent as a "payment" or "gift" (is there some way I can tell?). But I just transferred the money to my checking account and it gave me the standard "this may take 3 days to complete" statement that I get all the time.
YMMV

Marc

EDIT: In PayPal, it says "Payment From", not "gift from", for the transaction I'm talking about.
AtomicFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AtomicFlyer
Old Sep 16, 2010, 09:16 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFlyer View Post
I'm not sure if was sent as a "payment" or "gift" (is there some way I can tell?). But I just transferred the money to my checking account and it gave me the standard "this may take 3 days to complete" statement that I get all the time.
YMMV

Marc

EDIT: In PayPal, it says "Payment From", not "gift from", for the transaction I'm talking about.
Thanks for the info... I appreciate you checking this out.

Diggs
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:09 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
As for selling the Radian Pro, I would say you can view this situation from a lot of different angles. However, I don't see where much if any harm could come to Horizon by the current owner selling it. I could be wrong, but if I received a new car that mysteriously got 90 MPG, I wouldn't be returning it to the dealer because of an error on their part.

Diggs
What if you ordered a DX6I and got the DX8 by mistake. Then they asked for it back?
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:00 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
What if you ordered a DX6I and got the DX8 by mistake. Then they asked for it back?
Well we have a measurable difference here. We know the cost of each. I am guessing the cost of the RTF Radian and the Radian Pro PnP are both going to be very close to 249.00. Yes I am guessing, but if they want this model to sell well, they have to hit a certain price point. IF HH told me I just got a model that is going to sell for a significant amount more than the RTF Radian, I would work with them on it. However, without knowing the price or knowing what was in their request to the owner, it is all speculation. But I would put a small wager that those two models will be within $20 selling price of each other. So, would the argument be different if we found out he paid $249 for a model that was only going to sell for say $179.00? But due to it being the only one available, is he wrong to sell it for say $400 because the market dictates that price?

There is another element in my car analogy and the Radian pro. Neither could currently be replaced. Now, with that said, I have had online dealers send me product I didn't order. What did I do? Contacted the dealer and returned it.

Each person is going to look at this different ways. For me, I would have no interest in selling it, I would simply fly it and report on it during a show. If Horizon contacted me requesting I return it, I would work with them. While I am not one to look for a way to take advantage of others mistakes, I do realize mistakes bring consequences.

Funny Jamie and I have been talking about the show American Pickers lately. Some could construe what they do as taking advantage of others. Many will not participate in a raffle because they see it as gambling. I have seen people say raffles are wrong because your win is taking advantage of others loss. You certainly know I participate in raffles and I love to visit Vegas for some time at the tables. But I don't see this as taking advantage. Point I am probably not making well is we all interpret this situation differently. And like the examples above, some find it offensive, others find it perfectly acceptable.

Diggs
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:30 PM
too cheap to be a Plus user
USA, WA, Richland
Joined Nov 2009
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Many will not participate in a raffle because they see it as gambling. I have seen people say raffles are wrong because your win is taking advantage of others loss. You certainly know I participate in raffles and I love to visit Vegas for some time at the tables. But I don't see this as taking advantage. Point I am probably not making well is we all interpret this situation differently. And like the examples above, some find it offensive, others find it perfectly acceptable.

Diggs
Well stated. We all see it a bit differently. We can agree to disagree.

I'm not sure I understand how a raffle is taking advantage of another person unless the raffle is fixed. I've heard you mention the raffle/gambling thing on the show. Typically I buy a raffle ticket to support a cause & view it as a donation. Yes, it is gambling as defined by the legal establishment. Again I guess it depends on how you look at the world & your background.

Doug B.
dougbo is online now Find More Posts by dougbo
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:45 PM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
Buying a raffle ticket is only considered gambling if you intent to win. I only buy a ticket to support the cause. I know where my luck stands....
- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:28 AM
Joined Jul 2010
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke View Post
We called about 1/3 of our potential sponsors for the attf flyin. All so far are a go. If you know of any others that may want to participate, let us know. Looks like we are going to have some great prizes.

Sponsors confirmed so far.
*GoBrushless.com
*Kings R/C
*InnovativeDesigns
*RCGroups
*RitewingRC
*DonsRC
*HigherPlanProductions
*2DogRC.com
*SlowBipe.com
*SuperFlyRC.com

Is Anderson R/C and K/C Hobby on the list of potential sponsors? Being in Thomasville, NC, and Archdale, NC, (respectively) they are two local shops that are known to sponsor many local events throughout the year.

http://andersonr-c.com/

http://www.kchobbyonline.com/
rcdude07 is offline Find More Posts by rcdude07
Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:54 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,667 Posts
I called Diggs yesterday & gave him Matt's info....Didn't have Kirby's on hand. However, both will be at FFT this weekend, so I am sure he will have a chance to talk to them..

You coming to FFT?

Tim
AG4RZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude07 View Post
Is Anderson R/C and K/C Hobby on the list of potential sponsors? Being in Thomasville, NC, and Archdale, NC, (respectively) they are two local shops that are known to sponsor many local events throughout the year.

http://andersonr-c.com/

http://www.kchobbyonline.com/
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:58 AM
I am the BBQ Ninja
United States, MN, Woodbury
Joined Jan 2003
3,721 Posts
Here is another thought on the Raidan Pro... What if it wasn't a mistake to send a few out ahead of the official release... It sure has had an effect here on RCGroups... Got kind of a buzz going...

Just another perspective..
Willmsy is offline Find More Posts by Willmsy
Old Sep 17, 2010, 09:39 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,027 Posts
pulling a apple?

i doubd that would have been effective since the media exposure is rather limited.
So far the glider has not been sold to a rc version of gismodo (rc reviews) and i have not seen reports of house searches ect yet to generate aditional publicety.

Anyway ; price?

cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
Old Sep 17, 2010, 09:53 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
all this talk about the radian Pro must be working..... I thought it was just the continued adventures of Diggs' Radian that peaked my curiosity.... :-)

I saw Jamie Hicks drag one out last Friday night for night flying at Huckfest. no lights on it but there were 3 sets of portable stadium lights and he was just cruising it around on the edge of darkness.... I thought it was very cool...

Never thought I would have wanted one but I now want one :-)

I wish Horizon would give ATTF an audience because I fly none of their stuff anymore after hooking into the 3DHS Koolaid (yummy) but Diggs' persistency on the radian and loving it is what will get me to buy it.... Are you listening HH?
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:12 AM
USA, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2007
933 Posts
The thing that strikes me about the "Radian Pro" Flickr pictures is why don't we see it out of the box all assembled with nice pictures from multiple views? If I received a pre-release by accident, that's what I would do. That being said, I would like to see a PNP foamie glider from Horizon with flaps and ailerons.
7rider is offline Find More Posts by 7rider
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:19 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,994 Posts
Quote:
Well we have a measurable difference here. We know the cost of each. I am guessing the cost of the RTF Radian and the Radian Pro PnP are both going to be very close to 249.00. Yes I am guessing, but if they want this model to sell well, they have to hit a certain price point. IF HH told me I just got a model that is going to sell for a significant amount more than the RTF Radian, I would work with them on it. However, without knowing the price or knowing what was in their request to the owner, it is all speculation. But I would put a small wager that those two models will be within $20 selling price of each other. So, would the argument be different if we found out he paid $249 for a model that was only going to sell for say $179.00? But due to it being the only one available, is he wrong to sell it for say $400 because the market dictates that price?

There is another element in my car analogy and the Radian pro. Neither could currently be replaced. Now, with that said, I have had online dealers send me product I didn't order. What did I do? Contacted the dealer and returned it.

Each person is going to look at this different ways. For me, I would have no interest in selling it, I would simply fly it and report on it during a show. If Horizon contacted me requesting I return it, I would work with them. While I am not one to look for a way to take advantage of others mistakes, I do realize mistakes bring consequences.

Funny Jamie and I have been talking about the show American Pickers lately. Some could construe what they do as taking advantage of others. Many will not participate in a raffle because they see it as gambling. I have seen people say raffles are wrong because your win is taking advantage of others loss. You certainly know I participate in raffles and I love to visit Vegas for some time at the tables. But I don't see this as taking advantage. Point I am probably not making well is we all interpret this situation differently. And like the examples above, some find it offensive, others find it perfectly acceptable.

Diggs
I apologize for beating this some more, but I have an opinion from an attorney.

If you receive the "wrong" item, and the vendor requests that you return it, you should return it. The vendor/manufactorer must pay the shipping charges and you do not have to return the item until you have the funds from the vendor to cover the shipping.

If you don't, the vendor/manufacturer can take legal action. The term the attorney used was "conversion."

The conclusion is that it is far less expensive to return the unit than deal with attorneys.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816