SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:40 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
As for selling the Radian Pro, I would say you can view this situation from a lot of different angles. However, I don't see where much if any harm could come to Horizon by the current owner selling it. I could be wrong, but if I received a new car that mysteriously got 90 MPG, I wouldn't be returning it to the dealer because of an error on their part.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:51 PM
OCD
King, NC
Joined Aug 2000
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
As for selling the Radian Pro, I would say you can view this situation from a lot of different angles.

Diggs
Don't worry Horizon is getting plenty from this slip up.

This is just serendipity at its finest.

Marcus
Wright is offline Find More Posts by Wright
Old Sep 16, 2010, 02:00 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,031 Posts
new toy

I got a new toy today a celpro 8 charger,
First impression is so so.
I know i sound a bit critical and since i on average buy a new "proper" charger every decade or so i go for the best i can pay for with my budget.

so my remarks
there are air bubles "blisters" under the foil on top; my previous robbe infinety chager was black anonized aluminium with the text printed on it.

The need for loose parts and no way to properly secure them on / in the charger.
If they had moved the screen and panel to to the top of the front then you would be able to secure the balincing boarcd below it avoiding all the loose cables ect,
Even worse for the usb interface; why is this external and second why not a slot in the side of the case you can plug it in so its a neat "no external wires" solution,

The case is typical american "agricultural" design .
Guys next time get a Italian designer or even better outsource it to pininfarina.
The software ; why can you only see one function at the time on the graph and not voltage AND current AND capicety ect; this is just a software choice.
ANd you can not deside where the aplication installs.
I am in charge of my computer; if i could not think for myself i woud have bought a apple.
ANd it apears to check for nternet acces each time when the app starts; i have not tried what happens if i do not have internet.
Also why not full remote controll trough the app; if you keep the computer connected to log why bother with using the butons on the unit itself?

On the inside (yes ofcource i did opem it up) it looks ok exept a few things.
The 2 fuses why are the soldered and not accesable from the outside , a cable tie as strain reliece on the 12 v cable? and why is the lcd pannel soldered to the main board and not a connector?

anyway my personal opinion
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
Old Sep 16, 2010, 02:09 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
I would take photos, test fly it, put it through it's pases. Then send it back if they want it. get some good video first.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Sep 16, 2010, 02:35 PM
Grampa Tony
Lawrenceville, GA - Northeast Atlanta
Joined Jan 2009
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke View Post
I would take photos, test fly it, put it through it's pases. Then send it back if they want it. get some good video first.
You guys got it all wrong. Strike up a deal with HH. Exchange the Pro for a simple 3-channel (which is what he intended to buy anyway), with the proviso that HH will reward his integrity with a brand-new Pro when they are officially released. The guy gets a plane now AND a plane later, and HH gets the Pro out of the wild until the release for almost no cost. Everyone wins, and it's fair.

Grampa Tony, Esq.
annarelli is offline Find More Posts by annarelli
Old Sep 16, 2010, 02:57 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,252 Posts
You mean the Powerlab 8, correct?

none of the cosmetic and loose wires issues you mention bother me about the celpro 10. (same external balance boards and usb link) My only thought is that the celpro 10 gets rather hot inside, so maybe they wanted to keep as much out of the case as possible?

And, the software sounds the same for the celpro 10. I also was surprised that you can't control it fully from the software...but it doesn't bother me. I like that it's much easier to program the presets via the software.

What power supply are you using with your powerlab?

I absolutely love the celpro 10 and will be getting another soon. It balances perfectly every time and provides a lot of good information on the pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder View Post
I got a new toy today a celpro 8 charger,
First impression is so so.
I know i sound a bit critical and since i on average buy a new "proper" charger every decade or so i go for the best i can pay for with my budget.

so my remarks
there are air bubles "blisters" under the foil on top; my previous robbe infinety chager was black anonized aluminium with the text printed on it.

The need for loose parts and no way to properly secure them on / in the charger.
If they had moved the screen and panel to to the top of the front then you would be able to secure the balincing boarcd below it avoiding all the loose cables ect,
Even worse for the usb interface; why is this external and second why not a slot in the side of the case you can plug it in so its a neat "no external wires" solution,

The case is typical american "agricultural" design .
Guys next time get a Italian designer or even better outsource it to pininfarina.
The software ; why can you only see one function at the time on the graph and not voltage AND current AND capicety ect; this is just a software choice.
ANd you can not deside where the aplication installs.
I am in charge of my computer; if i could not think for myself i woud have bought a apple.
ANd it apears to check for nternet acces each time when the app starts; i have not tried what happens if i do not have internet.
Also why not full remote controll trough the app; if you keep the computer connected to log why bother with using the butons on the unit itself?

On the inside (yes ofcource i did opem it up) it looks ok exept a few things.
The 2 fuses why are the soldered and not accesable from the outside , a cable tie as strain reliece on the 12 v cable? and why is the lcd pannel soldered to the main board and not a connector?

anyway my personal opinion
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:15 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816 View Post
Ummmm, theft by taking?

Rick
in my case?not a chance.It was handed to me,i questioned it being 8000 was told no it was a 7600..When I said its an 8000 i was asked so you dont want it then??So I said ok fine stuffed it in my pocket and lef.lol.The guy beside me got a 7600 at the same time..Is why I questioned it..lol But i gave it back and Eric from horizon took really good care of me afterwards..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:32 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Mar 2004
1,491 Posts
I'm with you Doug. Play nice and good things tend to come around.
Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougbo View Post
We all make mistakes. Turning a profit from another persons mistake looks fine when you're on the positive end of the deal. I wonder how you'll feel when someone profits from your mistake?

Doug B.
ColinB is offline Find More Posts by ColinB
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:41 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
in my case?not a chance.It was handed to me,i questioned it being 8000 was told no it was a 7600..When I said its an 8000 i was asked so you dont want it then??So I said ok fine stuffed it in my pocket and lef.lol.The guy beside me got a 7600 at the same time..Is why I questioned it..lol But i gave it back and Eric from horizon took really good care of me afterwards..
I agree, not theft.

But, when something like this happens, you should consult with an attorney first before you sell it. There may be intellectual property issues.

I'm glad the Horizon also did the right thing. Thanks for the rest of the story.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:47 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozne69 View Post
Im the guy with the "RADIAN PRO" model. I can tell you its not fake, came straight from Horizon via Hobbytown. I just wanted the Radian RTF but instead got this. Believe me Horizon wants it back. I am president of the local club here in lower ALABAMA (www.acma-rc.com). I am interested in selling it so anyone that wants to send me a "bid", please PM me. Thanks
ENZO
how do you know horizon wants it back? did they contact you?

if I were I would contact horizon corporation and make an offer with them. If they dont give you want you want then keep it.

BTW, personally I would sell it too! Big money. Word has it it wont be announced for another few weeks and wont be in stores at least 2 months.

you got lucky, btw whats your current bid right now? I wont buy it, just curious
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:27 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,031 Posts
moose yea thats the one
acording to charles you CAN start the charge procces from the pc (i posted a topic in the charger forum too) so i have to look into that,
My power suply is a converted server psu that i bought from
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=19395

they give 40 amp at about 12 v so with one you will not be able to use the full power of the charger but with some tricks you can put 2 in series.
They do not come ready to use for our purpose so i took some blank circuitboard and glued that to one end and mounjted 2 bana plug sockets on that.
That also closes off any open pins we do not use and avoid shorts ect,

Small disadvatage are the sound of the fan wich is rather loud and always full speed and the shape a long box with mains and fan on one end and the 12 output on the other.

One thing i have to change on the celpro 8 us to change from those battery clamps to my standard 4mm connectors i use for everything (in mainland europe they also fit the wallsockets ...)
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:43 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,252 Posts
Yeah man, I have one of feathermerchants as well. The 47A one. I hear ya on the fan noise. (pun intended)

I agree on those clamps...I'd take them off as well.

I think you'll grow to love the powerlab 8...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder View Post
moose yea thats the one
acording to charles you CAN start the charge procces from the pc (i posted a topic in the charger forum too) so i have to look into that,
My power suply is a converted server psu that i bought from
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=19395

they give 40 amp at about 12 v so with one you will not be able to use the full power of the charger but with some tricks you can put 2 in series.
They do not come ready to use for our purpose so i took some blank circuitboard and glued that to one end and mounjted 2 bana plug sockets on that.
That also closes off any open pins we do not use and avoid shorts ect,

Small disadvatage are the sound of the fan wich is rather loud and always full speed and the shape a long box with mains and fan on one end and the 12 output on the other.

One thing i have to change on the celpro 8 us to change from those battery clamps to my standard 4mm connectors i use for everything (in mainland europe they also fit the wallsockets ...)
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:43 PM
Grampa Tony
Lawrenceville, GA - Northeast Atlanta
Joined Jan 2009
1,487 Posts
Came home today to find a gift from Tia leaning up against my front door. Technically I guess it's the IYF from the August drawing, but to me it's a personal gift from Tia. In fact, I think that's what I'll name her!

Anyway, now I need to know how to put this together. Does anyone know where I can find an instruction document or web page, a build thread, or a video specific to the IYF out there somewhere?

Grampa Tony
annarelli is offline Find More Posts by annarelli
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:47 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by annarelli View Post
Came home today to find a gift from Tia leaning up against my front door. Technically I guess it's the IYF from the August drawing, but to me it's a personal gift from Tia. In fact, I think that's what I'll name her!

Anyway, now I need to know how to put this together. Does anyone know where I can find an instruction document or web page, a build thread, or a video specific to the IYF out there somewhere?

Grampa Tony
Start here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1285349

then start reading this:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684818
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:48 PM
Close enough
United States, NM, Los Alamos
Joined Jun 2008
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
...Per More Trim, if I were to sell a product online, I cannot pull the funds from the buyer until the buyer confirms delivery, or the seller must provide a tracking number to PayPal, and the tracking must show delivered before the funds are released....
Hey Diggs. I just sold a couple RC related items tonight and the guy paid via PayPal. The money already showed up in my PayPal balance without any restrictions. PayPal won't even know when I ship the items. This transaction was only $25, but I don't see any change.

Marc
AtomicFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AtomicFlyer