SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:12 AM
Grampa Tony
Lawrenceville, GA - Northeast Atlanta
Joined Jan 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke View Post
We called about 1/3 of our potential sponsors for the attf flyin. All so far are a go. If you know of any others that may want to participate, let us know. Looks like we are going to have some great prizes.

Sponsors confirmed so far.
*GoBrushless.com
*Kings R/C
*InnovativeDesigns
*RCGroups
*RitewingRC
*DonsRC
*HigherPlanProductions
*2DogRC.com
*SlowBipe.com
*SuperFlyRC.com
I think there's a typo somewhere. You left off Horizon.
annarelli is offline Find More Posts by annarelli
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:40 AM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by annarelli View Post
I think there's a typo somewhere. You left off Horizon.
And HobbyKing.
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:43 AM
I am the BBQ Ninja
United States, MN, Woodbury
Joined Jan 2003
3,721 Posts
Quote:
O, don't listen to Vintauri.. he's been drinking again.
I'm sure we can find a buyer.
How tall are you again Jaime? I am just trying to get a mental picture of when you and Vintauri finally meet... I am thinking something like David (only smaller) vs Goliath.
Willmsy is offline Find More Posts by Willmsy
Old Sep 16, 2010, 09:16 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,699 Posts
Jamie, Diggs,

Add Guru Aviation to the sponsor list. We are gonna kick in some kits also. I am working on Lucky to do some airbrushing so they won't be our normal plain white depron.

Tim
AG4RZ

Quote:
We called about 1/3 of our potential sponsors for the attf flyin. All so far are a go. If you know of any others that may want to participate, let us know. Looks like we are going to have some great prizes.

Sponsors confirmed so far.
*GoBrushless.com
*Kings R/C
*InnovativeDesigns
*RCGroups
*RitewingRC
*DonsRC
*HigherPlanProductions
*2DogRC.com
*SlowBipe.com
*SuperFlyRC.com
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:10 AM
Possum Kingdom Lake, TX
Joined Oct 2008
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
Ooh, selling a prototype for money? Hmmmm....sounds familiar....
Horizon will now raid Vintauri's house in 3...2...1...

- Jim
hahaha

It's okay....he found the radian on the bar, after a horizon employee was showing it off to pick up chicks

no reason you can't sell that, right?
Le Pirate is offline Find More Posts by Le Pirate
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:19 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,288 Posts
First of all, thank you to everyone for the kind words about me being on the show. I love doing it and like I said, it's a great place to share the information that I gather all week!!

Second, the Pogo flies very nice...however, the takeoff is an issue. I need to find some videos of Pylon racing launches because no matter how hard I tried to ease up speed on takeoff, I had a realy hard time. It does fly nice...80-90 mph easy...and it has that awesome whistle to it.

(I was prepared for the ground handling issues on takeoff with the Pogo, it's no secret and I thought with a large paved runway I'd be able to ease up on throttle no problem...however as hard as I tried, that wasn't the case...the tail wheel is sooooo small that as soon as the tail lifts a BIT, you have to rely on rudder, and I couldn't find the sweet spot of right rudder. It would either yaw to the left because of torque and P-factor....or I would over compensate with right rudder and it would spin out to the right. ) As much as I tried I coudn't find that sweet spot. I ended up breaking the prop on the last attempt. (no damage besides a scrape or two on the cowl and wingtips)

Also, the Jpower A-10 powered by DonsRC's (take a drink) wicked EDF motors flys great as well. About 40 mph, nice and scale, and Don's wicked motors with the stock fans (dynamicaly balanced by Don) sound AWESOME. I got the retracts dialed in perfectly and that definiately adds to the overall experience. It was a big eye catcher at the field.

Member of the club after the A-10 landed, "So you're a jet guy now??"

me: "I'm an all things that fly guy...."

Yesterday was a great day of flying in Cleveland / Youngstown.

10 flights on the 51" Slick.

5 flights on the Jpower A-10

3 flights on the Pogo

7 flights on the 44" IYF Ritewing. (had to say this TWICE yesterday AGAIN...."it's NOT a Zagi.....it's a Ritewing..." Diggs and CK, you'll be proud. I now have mastered the pizza box launch. Aww yeah.

I even sold a plane yesterday...getting the special "executive's savings account" ready for a BIG plane next year. My goal is to have a 50cc sized 12S plane at the ATTF fly-in next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmrpm View Post
Yes but you have left out a very important detail..... What beer have you named it after???

"I was flying Belvedere" is he flying his beer???

"I'm having a cool Belvedere tonight" What?!?! Now he is drinking his cold plane?? I'm so confused..

Good luck, and it's good to have ya on the show.
djmoose is online now Find More Posts by djmoose
Last edited by djmoose; Sep 16, 2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:24 AM
Joined Feb 2001
3,699 Posts
Hey Moose, back when I did some pylon racing with nitro birds, we had a helper hold the airplane on the line and went full throttle. When the gun went off, the helper released the plane. Ground handling wasn't an issue, since the tail popped up almost immediately, (and you had PLENTY of propwash over the tail.) and the plane was in the air within 15-20 feet....

Tim
AG4RZ
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:26 AM
USA, GA, McDonough
Joined May 2010
71 Posts
"Hats Off" to the ATTF crew for adding Moose to the line up. Good move guys and gal.
HighRates is offline Find More Posts by HighRates
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:28 AM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmsy View Post
How tall are you again Jaime? I am just trying to get a mental picture of when you and Vintauri finally meet... I am thinking something like David (only smaller) vs Goliath.
Jamie must be really tall Cause I'm a pretty tall David.
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:48 AM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,429 Posts
Hey Moose I have been following this thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post16059425
Someone on there can surely help. But I agree with Tim, all photos I have seen of these planes being launched they had a helper holding the tail.
Congrats on the maiden BTW!

Matt M
Pickle72 is offline Find More Posts by Pickle72
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:52 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
It's funny, looking at the sponsors list I'd almost rather have all these wonderful smaller guys then the large corporations. Not that we'd turn anything down for sponsorship, but this list just equals = FUN. Which is what it's all about.
Thanks Tim! added.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:20 PM
Joined Feb 2001
3,699 Posts
Hey Jamie...is Dons RC (take a drink) gonna sponsor the nightly campfire beverage drinking event?

Tim
AG4RZ
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:43 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by annarelli View Post
Way off topic here. If you have a weak stomach, look away now.

You were warned. Way back when I was younger (I hope the statute of limitations has run out), I got a job one summer working at a pickle plant for a national company that will not be named. First day on the job I'm culling out the bad pickles, throwing the nasty ones into this big vat full of other nasty pickles. The stench of the vinegar got to to me. I lean into the vat of bad pickles & heave as if I've just finished my second bottle of Strawberry Hill (hey - I was a month short of being 17). They were gonna toss the pickles anyway, right? Wrong. I found out at the end of the week they were being chopped up to make relish. I'm guessing that particular batch was extra bold.

Grampa Anonymous
T
M
I

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:56 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
hehe maybe like they mistakenly gave me a rx that didnt exist at seff.. the ar8000...they wanted it back pretty bad too.I gave it back too when found out it was mistake.

Ummmm, theft by taking?

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:47 PM
too cheap to be a Plus user
USA, WA, Richland
Joined Nov 2009
1,289 Posts
"Radian Pro"

We all make mistakes. Turning a profit from another persons mistake looks fine when you're on the positive end of the deal. I wonder how you'll feel when someone profits from your mistake?

Doug B.
dougbo is online now Find More Posts by dougbo