Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 09:13 PM
Helis Fall With Grace & Style
Kalispell Montana BIG SKY COUNTRY!
Joined Aug 2007
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmidgett
Having been a guest twice, I can confirm there is often a lot of "show" that doesn't make it on the show. In my case, there wasn't much that would be "great." Especially not for a PG rated show. That said, I do rather enjoy out-takes. I have started including a lot more of the "normally" edited kind of stuff in my films lately just because...I don't know...because it's "real."

Case in point. I left enough in this one I threw in a PG-13 rating. But it was all in good fun.

http://higherplaneproductions.com/me...mmerc-H264.mov
Hell friggin yes we can say Merry Christmas and we should Fred After all it is Christmas. Wait till they try to make a Proposition saying we can't say Merry Christmas. I know there are people who would love to do just that. Political Correctness is BS IMO.

Keep up the good work Fred, outtakes are definitely a good idea, and funny. Also thanks a ton for the words of advice before on my video. I will post the final version up once done. It is waaaaayyyyyy better now. 1000 times better. You are the man. I would like to see some good videos of some Scale RC helicopters and maybe even FAI style flying. I think that would be cool if it was done well.

Merry Chirstmas everyone! Look for the awesome Christmas sale soon!

Kyle
RcSuperSales-Net is offline Find More Posts by RcSuperSales-Net
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:56 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs

It was a landscaping trailer and we pretty beat down inside. Exterior was in good condition, but dirty. $1300 is what I gave for it and I probably have another $400~600 in it to customize it for RC including title tags and big marine batteries for the charging station.

Diggs
What size is it? I think I'm in the market..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Dec 12, 2008, 07:05 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
What size is it? I think I'm in the market..
It's a 6x12. I have a bud that owns a 7x14, and I would prefer one of those. The extra size is amazing for such a small change and it has dual axles with a braking system. A bit easier to pull and a bit safer with the brakes. However, I am sure I would have never found a deal in my price range for that size trailer. The deal I got on the one I own is pretty good. That is the price I was getting for 5x8 trailers. I thought for sure something would be wrong with it for that price, but the gamble seems to have paid off. almost a year later and not one problem.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:02 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Well, Due to an email from JPC, and the latest episode of IH, I bit the bullet and picked up a used 401 and 9650 from http://www.rremodels.com/ to replace the Blade 400 stock gear. Now I am kind of looking around for a motor for the Dragonus I also would like some input for servos including Rudder. Likely do the 9650 for the rudder, but would like to do the Dragonus right! I will need another 401 as well.

Found out yesterday that the Christmas bonus is enough to buy new shoes for the navigator, do Christmas shopping AND a few goodies for myself. Probably do this after the holidays, but would love some input from you guys on power system and servos. Again, I want to do up the dragonus properly. No skimping on this one.

Although I type this while listening to IH, and I really am thinking about selling the Dragonus and going big Should I just go for the Swift 16?

Diggs
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:15 AM
LIVING THE DREAM
HERTFORDSHIRE UK
Joined Jan 2008
56 Posts

Quote:
74 is up.

Diggs
Chris,Jamie,Diggs and Lucien.

Just got to listen to show 74. Was surprised my question made it onto PSC. Was interesting to hear your views and thanks for the e-mail response.

I think I've got it clear in my head now so will be going with something like a 7x3.5 prop.

Again, thanks for the shows.

Andy
DOCKERS2190 is offline Find More Posts by DOCKERS2190
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:15 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2007
1,372 Posts
Diggs, I just bought the Swift and am about half way into building it. I'm already happy with the bigger size. It's easier to build and going to be dramatically easier to see in the sky. Finding the $111 6S 4900 mAh Rhino packs at Hobby City put me over the top, as the $300/pack cost had been holding me back. I say sell one of the 325mm helis and go big.

Daniel
dswitkin is offline Find More Posts by dswitkin
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:22 AM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
Quote:
Although I type this while listening to IH, and I really am thinking about selling the Dragonus and going big Should I just go for the Swift 16?

Diggs
Once you go big, you'll never look back. Hard to go wrong with the Swift 16. While it has somewhat questionable look, mechanically it's simple and durable. Parts are inexpensive too. About the only thing that's significantly more expensive compared to the Blade or Dragonus is battery packs, and as Daniel says, our pals at HobbyKing/City/whatever can help there too. I've had mine for over a year now, and it still makes me grin.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Dec 12, 2008, 05:16 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Just did a little hover session in the front yard with the Blade. In close quarters, I think I realized I need a bit more expo or a little drop in rates. I also had a Hover session with my SloFly!! That is a fun little plane. And, after changing out the servo for the aileron, I failed to do a full preflight and had the ailerons reversed!! Ugggh, but it proves to be a durable little flyer. I have never hovered a plane the way I can the SloFly. I actually did a hover catch. Wasn't pretty, but I did it. I walked it up our driveway to the culdesac and had it in hover mode about 90% of the flight. Low and close too!

This thing is going to rock indoors and out (when the wind is low).

Diggs
Old Dec 12, 2008, 06:04 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
LOL, I think he is compensating!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2217367

Diggs
Old Dec 12, 2008, 06:22 PM
The Penultimate flyer
Australia, WA, Cooloongup
Joined Apr 2007
1,509 Posts
Quote:
OMG, If he's average height, then that plane is.....really big.
TSnake is offline Find More Posts by TSnake
Old Dec 12, 2008, 07:44 PM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
Quote:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2217367

Diggs
How in the does he transport that beast? Either he has some really impressive spoilers, or he eats up A LOT of land on the landing!

I'm going to wager that this is NOT a DLG (discus-launch-glider)?

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2008, 06:03 PM
I'm going flying..........
Ramona,CA
Joined Feb 2008
647 Posts
It's permanent, needed a little backer to make it pop. Looks good aye....

As I fly this coming year at various Southern California events, every time somebody mentions the ATTF sticker I'll take a picture w/them and the radio box and "buy a coffee" for each picture and post it.

It's rainy this week-end, I need to talk to somebody, I thought that was why I payed high tax's, rent and gas prices. To keep the sun shining so I could fly everyday.....

We still managed to get in half a day at a Toys4Tots Fly-in before the rain started. Ya ever try to hold back 150cc at full run up, spinning a 32x10 carbon prop. Whoo Hoo!!! what a monster, It would pull ya right over if not ready for it.
rpmrpm is offline Find More Posts by rpmrpm
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:30 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Wow, cool!!! I like the case. Is that an ultimate Bipe?? Looks like a handful! Is that you holding onto the wing? And thanks for the Donations as always..

Diggs
Old Dec 14, 2008, 08:09 AM
I'm going flying..........
Ramona,CA
Joined Feb 2008
647 Posts
Ya 46% H9 Ultimate, I helped build this at the start of summer. So I get all the support duties, like riding the wings at start-up, programming the flight mixing, etc. The cool part is the "OPP" radio hand off. It flys great, not much can top a BIG Ultimate for WOW, once you get over the "Knee Knock Induced" $$$$ factor. I could never afford to do a model like that so it's cool to hang-out and help others that can.
rpmrpm is offline Find More Posts by rpmrpm
Old Dec 14, 2008, 04:38 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Very nice man!!
Did I send you one with that blk border like that?? Normally they don't have a border.. mmm..
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke