HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 09, 2008, 06:55 PM
KJ4YNM
Manassas, VA
Joined Sep 2006
1,406 Posts
I was flying a heli (Eco 8) last summer with one blade on upside down. Didn't sound quite right, so I landed and looked real hard. For some reason, something didn't look quite right. Then I realized both blades had the leading edge pointed the same direction.

--
Tom
RCPtero is offline Find More Posts by RCPtero
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:47 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2007
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessex
I was flying a heli (Eco 8) last summer with one blade on upside down. Didn't sound quite right, so I landed and looked real hard. For some reason, something didn't look quite right. Then I realized both blades had the leading edge pointed the same direction.

--
Tom
Wow, I'm surprised it flew. It would be even more impressive if you put a fixed pitch blade in upside down and got off the ground.

Daniel
dswitkin is offline Find More Posts by dswitkin
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:50 AM
United States, OH, Eaton
Joined May 2006
1,135 Posts
I have a question about power systems but it's heli related. Where should I send it?

Chris
chris1379 is offline Find More Posts by chris1379
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:57 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
Just any contact email or phone.
It will be re-directed for you.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:14 AM
Agoura Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2007
504 Posts
diggs, good to hear you got the b400 running! sounds like you had a nice save on your last trip to the field. nothing like a little 'pucker' factor to get you initiated back into helis eh?? i just listened to the new episode...your gyro on the dragonus was a csm420. i actually have fallen in love with that gyro, performs just as well as the 401. setup on it is a little different but easy once you learn it. also, what's cool is you can set the throws to each side individually on this gyro. great show as always guys!
ed
eddo22 is offline Find More Posts by eddo22
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:58 AM
FlyLowGirl
Raleigh
Joined Aug 2008
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmidgett
Having been a guest twice, I can confirm there is often a lot of "show" that doesn't make it on the show. In my case, there wasn't much that would be "great." Especially not for a PG rated show. That said, I do rather enjoy out-takes. I have started including a lot more of the "normally" edited kind of stuff in my films lately just because...I don't know...because it's "real."

Case in point. I left enough in this one I threw in a PG-13 rating. But it was all in good fun.

http://higherplaneproductions.com/me...mmerc-H264.mov
Yea, I think that ALL of my outakes are PG-13 for sure. I can't help but to throw a or a or maybe even one of a . But yea you know how that goes!!!
FlyLowGirl1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyLowGirl1
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:59 AM
FlyLowGirl
Raleigh
Joined Aug 2008
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Chicks in hats are hawt! Santa hats, x3.

Diggs
HAHA Ive heard that too...
Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:00 PM
FlyLowGirl
Raleigh
Joined Aug 2008
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroste295
Yes finally theres a good ad
FOR SURE! It was a HPP productions..and I was in it! Thats some damn good advertising if ya ask me!
Old Dec 10, 2008, 01:40 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,501 Posts

Good show guys! I just have a few random comments:

Goo remover: Look no further than good ole WD-40! Works great, and everybody has WD-40, right?

Threadlock: Diggs, do not fly that Blade 400 again until you threadlock those spindle bolts. Check the tail grips too, they have the same basic arrangement as the main grips.

Gyros: Gotta go with Diggs on this one. I was very lukewarm about my B400 until I put a 401/9650 on it. Now it's groovy. I've got the Logictech LGT2100 in my Dragonus, and it hold well, but (IMO) it lacks the "feel" of the 401. You can usually pick up a used 401 for < $100.

Slow forward flight: Yep, it's hard. Yep, it's beautiful to watch when done right. I don't have many vids of me just tooling around in slow FF, but I dug up a couple (both hatcams, with questionable-to-bad framing, sorry).

-Chris

King V2 Hat Cam (6 min 30 sec)

Dragonus Hatcam (6 min 45 sec)
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Dec 10, 2008, 09:06 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Diggs, just ordered a Vapor RTF for my lil brother for Christmas. It will be his first RC plane. He can fly an aileron plane around on the sim no problem, but he has never had a real RC plane.

I considered a Mini Super Cub, but it takes a little more space to fly.
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:04 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Hey Diggs-

Just curious, what did you pay for your trailer?
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Dec 11, 2008, 04:29 AM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
Finished the latest ATTF. As I am in the midst of take-home finals, I can't really put much input this week. Brief stuff:

Power corner: awesome stuff on propellers! As I mentioned earlier, going to peakeff.com will give you some good starting positions for a powerplant.

Gyro: Odd, I rather LIKE the G90. The digital servo support is a nice upgrade from the Telebee. However, it has to be mechanically trimmed, and it's picky about which servos will support digital mode (for many servos, it drops to analog). If I find I'm constantly choosing between tail-wag and slop, then you may have slop in your linkages, or the servo just isn't moving fast enough.

However, a 401 is bullet-proof. I had the 240 as well, but it assumes it's hooked up to a slow servo, so it's hard to recommend it anymore.

Lots of other stuff, but I'm short on time. Great show, guys!

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2008, 08:20 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris
Good show guys! I just have a few random comments:

Goo remover: Look no further than good ole WD-40! Works great, and everybody has WD-40, right?

Threadlock: Diggs, do not fly that Blade 400 again until you threadlock those spindle bolts. Check the tail grips too, they have the same basic arrangement as the main grips.

Gyros: Gotta go with Diggs on this one. I was very lukewarm about my B400 until I put a 401/9650 on it. Now it's groovy. I've got the Logictech LGT2100 in my Dragonus, and it hold well, but (IMO) it lacks the "feel" of the 401. You can usually pick up a used 401 for < $100.

Slow forward flight: Yep, it's hard. Yep, it's beautiful to watch when done right. I don't have many vids of me just tooling around in slow FF, but I dug up a couple (both hatcams, with questionable-to-bad framing, sorry).

-Chris
Thanks for the compliment JPC! And I see some props getting lubed up with some WD40 for that goo removal. And you're correct, everyone has a can sitting around. Locktight will be applied this weekend prior to the next flight! Thanks for the tip on the tail rotor. 401 will happen first of the year after I recover from the holidays. Nice vids, I am going to work on my SFF hopefully a bit more on Sunday .

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
Diggs, just ordered a Vapor RTF for my lil brother for Christmas. It will be his first RC plane. He can fly an aileron plane around on the sim no problem, but he has never had a real RC plane.

I considered a Mini Super Cub, but it takes a little more space to fly.
He will love it if he can keep it out of your hands They are fun and addictive. I am taking mine to an indoor flyin on Jan 2, should be a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
Hey Diggs-

Just curious, what did you pay for your trailer?
It was a landscaping trailer and we pretty beat down inside. Exterior was in good condition, but dirty. $1300 is what I gave for it and I probably have another $400~600 in it to customize it for RC including title tags and big marine batteries for the charging station.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Dec 11, 2008, 03:26 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
2dogrc is now on twitter! Follow, follow. Welcome Mark.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Dec 11, 2008, 08:39 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2007
1,372 Posts
Am I the only one itching for a new episode? Somehow the NPR podcasts I listen to aren't quite as enjoyable.

Daniel
dswitkin is offline Find More Posts by dswitkin