SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:17 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dswitkin
Nice flying Diggs. Is that your Cub? I'm surprised you'd be into a high wing trainer at this point. Of course, you don't have to fly it like one. I saw a guy do ridiculous things once with an overpowered Sig Rascal 110, so I'm not knocking trainers. Is that the E-flite one?

Daniel

That is where we fly, it is not a club but a park. Funny it is in downtown Raleigh, and is almost always empty. Yep, I bought a Cub. Not something I was looking for but it was RTF for $85, I just had to drive an hour to pick it up. Way over powered and a lot of fun. I want floats for it next. And it is the E-flite model. Pretty sweet actually.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2009, 12:54 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
lol wow. Just watched the 2nd vid. Awesome how you can drop an egg and catch it again with the plane.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Jul 20, 2009, 03:43 AM
The one and only
Hjo, Sweden
Joined Apr 2004
503 Posts
Multiplex Blizzard - RCExplorer.se (5 min 13 sec)

I thought I would answer you question that you posted on youtube here since youtube won't let you post any links...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsinks
Wow. I have EZGP items.. tried to make it too fast.. I really want a blizzard. I assume I can use the same motor from the EZG. scorpion II 3008-1090kv ?

jamie
attf
I heard about you pushing your EZGP a little hard on the show I agree that the Blizzard is the plane that you want for that kind of flying.
I think it would be possible to fly the Blizzard with the 3008-1090kV but it wouldn't be as "hot". The climb-rate would not be as "rocket" like.

The 3008-1090kv is rated at 26A cont. current (No idea for peak current?) and weighs 95 grams.
I use a Turnigy 35-42C 1100kV which is rated 45A for 30 seconds (No idea for cont. current) and weights 132 grams

I'm pulling 49A@11V=539W cont. static with a 11*8" prop and 45.65A average at full throttle during flight.

I fly mu Blizzard in a digital fashion, either no throttle or full throttle. And I never use full throttle for more than 12 seconds since I'm on the edge on both the ESC, motor and batteries
But I rarely use the throttle for more than 10 seconds because it's hard to see the tine spec of an airplane

I think it would be a perfect slope plane for you as well, I've flown the Blizzard for 111 minutes on "flat" ground on 1 battery, simply working a tree-line. That is 111 minutes of flight with 2 minutes 11 seconds of motor time I can only imagine how it would perform on a slope!

I've written a review of the Blizzard if you would like more info: http://rcexplorer.se/reviews/blizzard/blizzard.html
I also have a build log if you want to read that too: http://rcexplorer.se/projects/page18/page18.html

Good luck Jamie
dadde is offline Find More Posts by dadde
Old Jul 20, 2009, 03:51 AM
The one and only
Hjo, Sweden
Joined Apr 2004
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey
They have them here, but they call them Capris, and they don't sell them in mens sizes

I had heard they were actually rather fashionable "over there" but I had yet to see it myself.

You're doing a great job with your videos, I have been watching and taking note. I al always looking for ways to improve my own.
No men sizes huh They are perfect in Sweden as the weather rarely is hot enough to were regular shorts and to hot to ware jeans. They are the perfect "in between" kind of pants

Glad you liked the videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
lol wow. Just watched the 2nd vid. Awesome how you can drop an egg and catch it again with the plane.
That was pretty cool wasn't it
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:49 AM
The one and only
Hjo, Sweden
Joined Apr 2004
503 Posts
I just listened to episode #102!
Thanks for mentioning me and my site!
It was cool to hear about yourself on your favorite podcast. It also felt a bit weird

Diggs: I did crunch my Blizzard and here is the video of it:
Crashing my Blizzard - RCExplorer.se (4 min 35 sec)

But being a Multiplex plane it took 2 minutes and some drops of CA to fix it!
It still flies like a dream. It's the airplane I take out flying when the wind is howling and I wouldn't dream of flying anything else. It is also my "impress the audience" airplane, as it's super fast and does crazy fast turns, and the best thing: it sounds awesome.

Edit: I just watched the video my self and man I need to make a new one in HD
Old Jul 20, 2009, 09:21 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
O thanks! Well the TR35-42C-1100 is what I have sitt'n here for my acromaster. Maybe the scorpion should go into the acro.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:23 AM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadde
I just listened to episode #102!
Thanks for mentioning me and my site!
It was cool to hear about yourself on your favorite podcast. It also felt a bit weird

Diggs: I did crunch my Blizzard and here is the video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYomjDZN7u0
But being a Multiplex plane it took 2 minutes and some drops of CA to fix it!
It still flies like a dream. It's the airplane I take out flying when the wind is howling and I wouldn't dream of flying anything else. It is also my "impress the audience" airplane, as it's super fast and does crazy fast turns, and the best thing: it sounds awesome.

Edit: I just watched the video my self and man I need to make a new one in HD

Dadde,

What color MonoKote did you use for your top and bottom wing..? Plane looks great.

I assume it's one from this page... http://www.monokote.com/index.html

Thanks,
-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Last edited by boiko; Jul 22, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:08 PM
The one and only
Hjo, Sweden
Joined Apr 2004
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
O thanks! Well the TR35-42C-1100 is what I have sitt'n here for my acromaster. Maybe the scorpion should go into the acro.
Maybe that is the way to go

boiko: I use neon yellow and neon orange monokote. Thanks for the compliment I flew the Blizzard today and it still flies great
Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:27 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
w00t! Get my Micro Sukhoi on Saturday!

Diggs
Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:28 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
w00t! Get my Micro Sukhoi on Saturday!

Diggs
Enjoy! I've put 4 packs through mine so far.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:30 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishjunky
Enjoy! I've put 4 packs through mine so far.

What's your impression? Will it 3D, or is it more a sport flyer? Will it fly slow?

Diggs
Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:38 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
What's your impression? Will it 3D, or is it more a sport flyer? Will it fly slow?

Diggs
I don't think it will do 3D. The torque just isn't there to go full vertical and hold. It will slow down nicely once you get the CG right. Mainly you're flying in a slight harrier attitude. It's a fun little plane.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:50 PM
USA, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2007
933 Posts
Diggs, check this out:

Parkzone Sukhoi 3D Crazy Flying! (4 min 10 sec)
7rider is offline Find More Posts by 7rider
Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:57 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Can't watch it till I get home. All the video sites are blocked here at the office. But thanks, will see it tonight for sure.

Diggs
Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:58 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,209 Posts
Nice vid 7rider, thanks for sharing! Diggs looks like your mileage my vary. Some other posts I've seen are seeing the same power I am from mine (not able to loop from level flight). And then others have power like this one.