SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:34 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintauri View Post
i'll have to test it out. But it should not take 75 feet to flip the 1sq more like .75 foot.

Are you sure you didn't have the tx set to "grandpa walker" mode? :d
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:35 PM
Grampa Tony
Lawrenceville, GA - Northeast Atlanta
Joined Jan 2009
1,487 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Grampa Tony
annarelli is offline Find More Posts by annarelli
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:39 PM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
Aurora 9x..

I like that a lot. Tim I hear it calling your name.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:58 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
Aurora 9x..

DUUUDDDEEE!!!!! That thing is calling MY name. Man....If my 9303 ever dies I know what i'm replacing it with. It looks tough!
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:03 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
Another complaint it doesn't have an analog throttle trim. I fly nitro give me an analog trim on the throttle please !
Not trying to start an argument, I genuinely want to know; what's the advantage of a long throw, old style throttle trim lever over the momentary digital trim switch? I used to fly glow powered aircraft, and as soon as digital trims became available, so did the throttle cut function linked to whatever switch you want.

There looks to be plenty of cons to the old style lever too. Having the radio "handed" would make it harder to change modes, and also make the radio more expensive. I'd also have to remember to check the lever position before changing models, and before every flight. What am I missing?
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:34 PM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
Not trying to start an argument, I genuinely want to know; what's the advantage of a long throw, old style throttle trim lever over the momentary digital trim switch? I used to fly glow powered aircraft, and as soon as digital trims became available, so did the throttle cut function linked to whatever switch you want.

There looks to be plenty of cons to the old style lever too. Having the radio "handed" would make it harder to change modes, and also make the radio more expensive. I'd also have to remember to check the lever position before changing models, and before every flight. What am I missing?
Force of habit as much as anything. Years of using the analog trim would be a really hard habit for me to break. My JR9503 has analog trim on the throttle and digital everywhere else and I like it that way. I don't even think about where the throttle trim is set on my electric planes and I have never had a problem. I always center it to start my nitro and gas stuff.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:39 PM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,604 Posts
My 1sq will flip no problem if you turn the gain up to 70-80 on the stock radio. By default its at 38 and I'd be surprised if 75' would be enough to complete a flip. Do you have the option to change the rates or gyro gain in real flight?
tonkajeep34 is offline Find More Posts by tonkajeep34
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Burl wood Taranis Case
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:25 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkajeep34 View Post
My 1sq will flip no problem if you turn the gain up to 70-80 on the stock radio. By default its at 38 and I'd be surprised if 75' would be enough to complete a flip. Do you have the option to change the rates or gyro gain in real flight?
Wish I would have known that when I flew it. Maybe I would have had a different view of that little quad...
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Busy Life
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:32 PM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalspark View Post
Wish I would have known that when I flew it. Maybe I would have had a different view of that little quad...
www.massiverc.com get the v202 scorpion quad. Add the beetle canopy for an extra buck. Half the price of the 1SQ
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:15 PM
USA, TX, Brenham
Joined Oct 2003
112 Posts
Quote:
www.massiverc.com get the v202 scorpion quad. Add the beetle canopy for an extra buck. Half the price of the 1SQ
Lol. I bought that quad soon after hearing about it on the crashcast. It's a ton of fun. Gets going pretty quick when you want it to and does what you tell it to. I bet that episode of the crashcast sold tons of those things.
michaelkramer11 is offline Find More Posts by michaelkramer11
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:24 PM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelkramer11 View Post
Lol. I bought that quad soon after hearing about it on the crashcast. It's a ton of fun. Gets going pretty quick when you want it to and does what you tell it to. I bet that episode of the crashcast sold tons of those things.
Yeah I heard about them on The RC Today Show and bought one. Told Crash how awesome they were and he bought one.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:31 PM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Mar 2007
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by annarelli View Post
+1

I've often wondered if there were some kind of dye or paint that I could use on my 9503 to make it a stealth radio - something that wouldn't chip or flake, or really have any thickness at all.

Grampa Tony
Oven cleaner will take the plastic chrome finish off your 9503 and leave you with the matte plastic surface underneath.

Just sayin'
karl k is offline Find More Posts by karl k
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:24 AM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl k View Post
Oven cleaner will take the plastic chrome finish off your 9503 and leave you with the matte plastic surface underneath.

Just sayin'
And how much of the plastic will it eat
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:36 AM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,046 Posts
What about the dye or paint the RC car guys use for tinted windshields? If you could put on a uniform coat you could probably get some nice results.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:12 AM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,604 Posts
Quote:
I like my 1sq but if I'd have seen this first I would have gotten it. I've recommended it to several guys after hearing about it too.
tonkajeep34 is offline Find More Posts by tonkajeep34
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Burl wood Taranis Case