HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 04, 2009, 05:10 AM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroste295
The shades make you look like Men in Black ATTF style
The SRT went down no!!!!!!!!!!!

redroste295
3 times!
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2009, 10:25 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Home!!!! Yay!! Hated to leave, but it is always nice to be home again. Limped in too. The SUV is having some issues, must take it to the mechanic this week to find out what is up.

Best SRT footage I have seen so far.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2218

I hate to say it, i didn't pull out my camera once during SEFF. However, one of my flying buds is hooking me up with 336MB of pics!! I am dloading them now and will post some here once I get them all and have a chance to pull out the embarrassing ones Funny, I don't recognize myself in the SEFF pics due to the big hat I wore. Sun was Brutal!!! I think Jamie will lose about 3 layers of skin from the ultra burn he got. Yeah, the big hat looks silly, but it sure saved some skin.

OH, I brought home 8 new wings I also bought an airfoilz extra, some motors from micro dan and a bunch of mercury CA plus some raffle winnings. Time to go pass out, long week + and a very stressful drive home.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old May 04, 2009, 10:53 PM
LOVE MAIDEN'S : >
norfolk va
Joined Aug 2007
1,480 Posts
8 new wings! lol...
neiloneil is offline Find More Posts by neiloneil
Old May 04, 2009, 11:41 PM
Joined Aug 2007
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
OH, I brought home 8 new wings I also bought an airfoilz extra, some motors from micro dan and a bunch of mercury CA plus some raffle winnings. Time to go pass out, long week + and a very stressful drive home.
Diggs
Didn't you plan on purging your stock? And the 8 wings... they don't sound like they're the results of your 622 raffle tickets.

You never disappoint us, User. Welcome home...
trickybit is offline Find More Posts by trickybit
Old May 05, 2009, 01:35 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2007
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Best SRT footage I have seen so far.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2218
Whoa. Not smart flying back towards the crowd like that. Still, impressive machine.

Quote:
OH, I brought home 8 new wings
I don't understand this sentence.

Quote:
I also bought an airfoilz extra
Did you get the full-fuse version? Is it a new kit or used plane? I've got 14 hours into my full-fuse AirfoilZ Yak build so far. It's coming along well, but I still have to do the ailerons, landing gear, a few decals, the control horns, and all the electronics. Probably another 4 hours left at the rate I'm going.

Daniel
dswitkin is offline Find More Posts by dswitkin
Old May 05, 2009, 02:23 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickybit
Didn't you plan on purging your stock? And the 8 wings... they don't sound like they're the results of your 622 raffle tickets.

You never disappoint us, User. Welcome home...
I did manage to reduce the fleet by 4 planes. I sold a total of 12 there and bought 8 planes. It is actually 7 wings and the Extra I have a lot of planes left to sell. Amazed at some of the deals people passed on and I let some stuff go for ultra cheap. A bind and fly hyperflea for $120, no one even asked about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswitkin
Whoa. Not smart flying back towards the crowd like that. Still, impressive machine.

I don't understand this sentence.

Did you get the full-fuse version? Is it a new kit or used plane? I've got 14 hours into my full-fuse AirfoilZ Yak build so far. It's coming along well, but I still have to do the ailerons, landing gear, a few decals, the control horns, and all the electronics. Probably another 4 hours left at the rate I'm going.

Daniel
Yeah, he put the wing in because he couldn't get it away from the crowd. Footage makes it look much closer than it really was. I bet it was 100 yards away from the field when it went in. But I agree, he should have made a much wider turn.

The Ritewings were priced to sell and I found some good deals on MSComposit stuff also. Just couldn't pass them up. And the Lightning that Adam built for CK was PnP, I just need an RX so I will likely sell a lightning kit.

I got the full fuse one too. It is a NIB kit. I am going to check it out and maybe make an EPP version of it as well.

Diggs
Old May 05, 2009, 03:51 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Here is the start of the SEFF pics Larry sent me.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post12179054

Diggs
Old May 05, 2009, 04:15 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2007
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, he put the wing in because he couldn't get it away from the crowd. Footage makes it look much closer than it really was. I bet it was 100 yards away from the field when it went in. But I agree, he should have made a much wider turn.
Seemed like he ditched it rather than endanger people, which was the right move. What I was suggesting before is that he could have flown figure eights while always turning away from the crowd.

Quote:
I got the full fuse one too. It is a NIB kit. I am going to check it out and maybe make an EPP version of it as well.
Cool, let me know how it goes. Were you thinking of cutting EPP cores for the wings? I don't see how you could bend EPP over the way Jim does with his hollow Depron wings.

Daniel
dswitkin is offline Find More Posts by dswitkin
Old May 05, 2009, 04:16 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,470 Posts
Jamie/Diggs:

Thanks for sharing your experience at SEFF. In particular, I looked forward to your Tweets.

Can't wait to hear all about it. Don't be shy to stretch it out a show or two.
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old May 05, 2009, 04:58 PM
V=IR
Virginia Beach, VA
Joined May 2005
790 Posts
Ditto on that! (the tweets and the shows!)

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl
Jamie/Diggs:

Thanks for sharing your experience at SEFF. In particular, I looked forward to your Tweets.

Can't wait to hear all about it. Don't be shy to stretch it out a show or two.
mcsarge is offline Find More Posts by mcsarge
Old May 05, 2009, 05:00 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Diggs - I really wanted to pick up the Siren and Speedy, but I just did not sell enough to justify it. That was a heck of a deal on the Speedy
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Old May 05, 2009, 05:27 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity
Diggs - I really wanted to pick up the Siren and Speedy, but I just did not sell enough to justify it. That was a heck of a deal on the Speedy
NP man. I was trying NOT to buy, but still caved a few times. I completely forgot that I bought 2 other planes So I brought home 10 new ones and sold 12

I picked up a supercub from parkzone. Yes the old RTF PZ Super Cub and we wired them for night flying and did pylon races/combat combined. If you couldn't fly fast enough to win, then just take out the fast pilots Also scored the PZ T-28 trojan. WOW, what a babydoll to fly. She is very chilled and relaxing. See many flights on that one. The Cub will likely get repaired and flown again next year at SEFF 2010

All pics are now uploaded.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post12179712

Diggs
Old May 05, 2009, 05:28 PM
More Trim
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2007
505 Posts
Hmm did not see Larry in any of them. Looks like Diggs got the cam the hole trip. Big show off.

Quote:
Here is the start of the SEFF pics Larry sent me.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post12179054

Diggs
More Trim is offline Find More Posts by More Trim
Old May 05, 2009, 05:35 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Here is Larry headed to the LMR competition with Rodney. He has his nice new Magellan E-XL, which did great except he had one servo go nutty on him.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2493455

Diggs
Old May 05, 2009, 05:37 PM
More Trim
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2007
505 Posts
Ah yeah nice plane. I like that one. I bet he dose to.
More Trim is offline Find More Posts by More Trim