SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:08 PM
Thermal Chaser
Joined Nov 2010
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
Well said. If you are going to accuse then back it up.
I listen to every attf but this HK thing and the HH "ass hats" comments regarding Dsm makes me start to question how bias the show may be. Being biased I'd fine, it's their show, just don't pretend there is none.
True. Jamie may be in the air but we will see if he backs the Tweet up.

All shows tend to go bias a bit though. Post sponsorship or post free stuff makes it happen. You just have to read between the lines and assume if they do not talk about it then it must suck. It really begins to decline when the host(s) get free stuff. Then you will never hear a bad word about the product line.

Not saying ATTF is getting free stuff.

Also note this. Manufacturers drop into RCGroups and announce new product. Tell how great it is, how hard they worked on it etc. But when problems arise where are they? Note that trend. The posters announcing the new product tend to vanish when problems arise. Step up, admit there is a problem and replace or fix.
Homesick_Angel is offline Find More Posts by Homesick_Angel
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:22 PM
Thermal Chaser
Joined Nov 2010
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfburke View Post
dsm2 works fine for me in idaho. But once a horizon rep, with a horizon shirt, in a horizon tent tells us point blank to our face that there are known issues with dsm2 and once the celling of more than 40 dsm2 radios are on at the same time, there will be issues and they want us to pay to fix this known problem.. Yeah, i have a problem with that.

I used assan at seff.
wow.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:23 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,050 Posts
The slant can also come from not getting free stuff or getting folks to be on the shows. HH has always gotten a few jabs on attf for not being on, and the fact Multiplex/hitec often are makes that more slanted, which may not be anyone's doing, it just happens overtime due to connections and relationships. It's hard to be unbiased when you involve vendors directly as you can never represent them all equally. Just make it clear if there are issues what they are, don't try to imply things indirectly that may or may not be the case.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:24 PM
Thermal Chaser
Joined Nov 2010
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke View Post
I wont even mention it anywhere, or on the show. but the new standard... from what I was told by someone in the industry.. is still "bending some truths".. * cough*video*cough*.

use what works for ya, but I wont help spread rumors even further. I do trust certain peoples words.
Wow the thread is moving. I saw Jamie responded. So disregard my in the air thing in the last post.

Jamie,

COME ON MAN. You seem to say that you get news of a defect admission from a Horizon rep at SEFF and ...YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TAK ABOUT IT ON THE SHOW?

GOTTA call BS.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:34 PM
Thermal Chaser
Joined Nov 2010
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
Agreed.

So, Diggs in no way told anyone not be be a HK cutomer...he simply stated his position and his reasonings. He is not looking down on anyone for ordering from them. He's not telling anyone what to do. He IS using his position on the podcast to SHARE his decisions, though. There's a big difference. Going into details isn't really his place UNLESS he's trying to sway people. If anything, he's raising awareness....and planting a seed so that if it might bother someone...THEY can do some research...email some people...call some people...and find out for themselves.

Just my 2 cents.
Moose,

I never said a lot the things in the above paragraph. You are reading more into it than is there.

However, I do not think it is right to punch and run. If you are going to throw the first punch, don't run, finish the fight.

In other words, if you are going to say "ethics issues" and someone asks you what they are, I think you are obligated to back up your prior statement with detail, source and fact.

What if I said, "I won't have Moose DJ at my wedding because I have ethics issues with him"? Think that could hurt your business? I do. Just for the record I do not even know you and have no ethics issues with you.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:34 PM
hmph!
United States, UT, Logan
Joined Dec 2008
822 Posts
Insert HK rant here.
ASB32 is offline Find More Posts by ASB32
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:35 PM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick_Angel View Post
Wow the thread is moving. I saw Jamie responded. So disregard my in the air thing in the last post.

Jamie,

COME ON MAN. You seem to say that you get news of a defect admission from a Horizon rep at SEFF and ...YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TAK ABOUT IT ON THE SHOW?

GOTTA call BS.
I'd have to agree. The vague posts concerning discussions with unnamed HH reps and videos that no one else gets to see smacks of a FUD campaign.
KFC is offline Find More Posts by KFC
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:36 PM
Thermal Chaser
Joined Nov 2010
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
The slant can also come from not getting free stuff or getting folks to be on the shows. HH has always gotten a few jabs on attf for not being on, and the fact Multiplex/hitec often are makes that more slanted, which may not be anyone's doing, it just happens overtime due to connections and relationships. It's hard to be unbiased when you involve vendors directly as you can never represent them all equally. Just make it clear if there are issues what they are, don't try to imply things indirectly that may or may not be the case.
Agree in general. Also, I am not saying ATTF show bias in any way.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:37 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,766 Posts
I'm going to defend Diggs on the Hobbyking comments. He was just stating his opinion. Yeah, they mentioned it on the show once or twice but not recently other than Lucien's rant. Lucien was so over the top though it was easy to not take him seriously. Diggs has not been over the top on this issue so I think his comments are just fine.

I too try to avoid Hobbyking when I can. I have no hard facts, I just have grown uneasy about them. I saw the flitetest interviews with "Anthony" the Hobbyking guy and can't say I was very impressed. Again, no details other than I did not like him and would prefer to do business with others.
rpstar is online now Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:40 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Guys I don't think the ATTF crew can say much more than they have. With the law suit crazy world today if you are going to make an accusation you better be able to 100% back it up. If they have more info or not I don't really know. I do know it wouldn't be hard for hobby king to throw a lawsuit at the ATTF crew justifiable or not it would make life miserable for everyone involved.
Hance is online now Find More Posts by Hance
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:41 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick_Angel View Post
Agree in general. Also, I am not saying ATTF show bias in any way.
Me either but it comes off that way lately. Best to clear the air on these issues or not bring them up, but as it stands now 2 hosts have made claims about HK and one about HH and it seems none plan to comment further. It just comes across as rather odd.

I'm sure every vendor has good and bad. And HK isn't the only ones selling Chinese parts.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:44 PM
hmph!
United States, UT, Logan
Joined Dec 2008
822 Posts
This is a pod cast guys, not the evening news. Podcasts are born of people expressing their opinions.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:48 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,655 Posts
See, this disturbs me somewhat. To, for lack of a better term, boycott a business based on conjecture is unfair to say the least. If I had something concrete that showed them to be a less than desirable entity, deserving of this, then I would be all over the effort. To state as such w/o some proof to bear is irresponsible and damaging to one's self and the accused.

That being said, if someone brings forth viable evidence that HK is doing the wrong thing outside of skirting what are already borderline criminal import duties, I maintain my stance.
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:00 PM
hmph!
United States, UT, Logan
Joined Dec 2008
822 Posts
The import duties may not really be a thing. I've done a fair amount of reading that says it is but only under certain conditions that usually don't apply to our orders. I'm fairly frustrated that I can't find a definitive answer thanks to the US Gobernut. I've visited with several people who travel internationally on regular basis and they have never been charged for anything by US Customs on their way back to US soil.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:01 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,378 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you now Diggs. As for lipos I've been enjoying value hobby lipos for a decent price and good weight comparison to other packs. My second choice is hobbypartz blue lipos or gen ace.

I'll be buying some for my new Cessna soon.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
On a completely different note.......

I just bought a CC HV 120 ESC from the for sale section here on the groups. It is NIB and should be here this week. I also have a pair of big Hacker A60 24S motors for both of my SIGs waiting to be electrified.

Here is my dilemma. After hearing some things at SEFF from some well respected individuals, I am pretty much through with the company known as Hobby King. I realize whatever Lipos I buy in the future come from some part of Asia, but I just want to stop doing business with that company due to some ethical issues I am not going into.

So, what lipos are you guys using these days that don't come from HobbyKing? Where are you getting them and how have they worked out? I need a pair of 5S 5000 packs to run 10S in the Rascal.

Diggs
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member