HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 06:36 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
Lookin good!
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2009, 06:54 PM
More Trim
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2007
505 Posts
Thanks man. Diggs looks good to. Just having some probs with it two. It seems like the Goolie is a nightmare for us. If it is not a esc prob a motor cold joints you name it. When Diggs get back from sup we are going to put new motors on it and hope it would fix it. IT has been the toughest plane we have had yet with probs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcproptester
Lookin good!
More Trim is offline Find More Posts by More Trim
Old Mar 15, 2009, 06:57 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
Wow! Hope they fly good. That way you can feel better about all your trouble
Old Mar 15, 2009, 07:00 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
It is not the planes fault. I will talk about it on the show tonight. I think it is going to be awesome, but it looks like I am going to give the thumbs down to some motors and escs from Hobby City.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 15, 2009, 07:08 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
Cool! I will be waiting to hear about it!
Old Mar 15, 2009, 07:13 PM
More Trim
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2007
505 Posts
OK well I did not mean for it to sound like the planes fault. I just said it has been the toughest plane we have built with the problems we have had with both of them at the same time. So hope that made it sound better for those that may think I blamed it on the plane. The plane is great.
More Trim is offline Find More Posts by More Trim
Old Mar 16, 2009, 05:12 AM
Helis Fall With Grace & Style
Kalispell Montana BIG SKY COUNTRY!
Joined Aug 2007
864 Posts
Hey All! I posted the rough draft of this video a while back that I made for my Flight School I attended in Washington state and here is the final version. I appreciate any and all feedback and or comments about it. I know I can trust in the crew here to shoot it to me straight.

Fred I know you gave me some constructive criticism last time and I used that and applied it to the new and improved final version. here it is in all its glory. I hate editing videos! No it was okay now that I got the hang of it but damn I bet I spent 40+ hours getting it just right.

Anyways here it is on both Youtube and Vimeo

Glacier Helicopter Flight School Student Testimonials AWESOME Flying (4 min 12 sec)

Glacier Helicopter Flight School Student Testimonials (4 min 14 sec)

Kyle
www.RcSuperSales.net
RcSuperSales-Net is offline Find More Posts by RcSuperSales-Net
Old Mar 16, 2009, 05:49 AM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
Great! Now I want to learn how to fly a heli!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:58 PM
Something Witty.
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2007
896 Posts
Just listened to the insideheli about A123s. Kind of cool since I now own the CopterX Chris kept talking about. I converted it back to lipo from A123 after I bought it though.
Court461 is offline Find More Posts by Court461
Old Mar 17, 2009, 08:35 AM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
I am now listening to ATTF # 86.... thanks for the shout out Diggs!
Now we will have to cook 3 pots of LCB!
Y'all make sure to come by in Thurs. and get some!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:34 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Mar 2004
1,491 Posts
Great video! There was only one thing I noticed; the sound cuts off abruptly when you black out the screen to show a question. (ie: "Why did you choose...") It is a minor thing, but my brain picked it up. A short fade might smooth it out and make it seem more polished - at least to my amateur eye and ear.
Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcSuperSales-Net
Hey All! I posted the rough draft of this video a while back that I made for my Flight School I attended in Washington state and here is the final version. I appreciate any and all feedback and or comments about it. I know I can trust in the crew here to shoot it to me straight.

Fred I know you gave me some constructive criticism last time and I used that and applied it to the new and improved final version. here it is in all its glory. I hate editing videos! No it was okay now that I got the hang of it but damn I bet I spent 40+ hours getting it just right.

Anyways here it is on both Youtube and Vimeo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQmqo...e=channel_page

http://www.vimeo.com/3683638

Kyle
www.RcSuperSales.net
ColinB is offline Find More Posts by ColinB
Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:14 PM
13 year old MANIAC!!
Melbourne,Australia
Joined Jul 2008
514 Posts
86 won't download for me

Help I'm going mad without it

Help redroste295
redroste295 is offline Find More Posts by redroste295
Old Mar 18, 2009, 01:35 AM
Joined Aug 2007
370 Posts
Diggs, the SEFF episode was the best interview I've ever heard you conduct. You really seemed prepared with a list of great questions that would really benefit somebody going to SEFF, and you gave the guy time and space to give good answers and convey his great attitude, but kept the pace moving along.

It probably helped you prep that you knew all the answers beforehand from your experience, but converting your experience into a great interview is why they pay you the big bucks.

Or should, anyway...

Nice job, great episode, and good editing. I actually got the tug to go to SEFF to eat the food and dig that hospitality. Jamie's color commentary was also inspired, as usual.

Rub off on some of the EPP, buddy.

Thanks for the great episode.

Jim
trickybit is offline Find More Posts by trickybit
Old Mar 18, 2009, 01:49 AM
Joined Aug 2007
370 Posts
AMA Park Flyer

Wow, that was a great episode, too, and a pretty heavy hitter guest.

Like JPC, I wasn't completely clear on the concept of the Park Flyer program.

I think I know why: there's a chicken and egg problem to be cracked...

the greater number of insured modelers in a given community, the more likely the parks will make accommodations. but until there's a park in my town, the park flyer membership as "admissions ticket" isn't directly valuable.

So the AMA pitches the benefits very vaguely now, because they can't say "Get this membership and you can fly at hundreds of parks nationwide."

The idea of having park flying where non-modelers can see it is truly a great notion, and I'm sure it's going to be very effective for growing the hobb if they (we) pull it off.

But there were two 800-lb gorillas in the room that didn't really get talked about. James asked about the "politics" and ordinances, or whatever it was, and there was a good answer that led into the AMA evangelism of the Park Directors (great stuff).

But I'll bet $100 that the main barrier to getting a park or field reserved isn't legalities, it's competing sports interests. One of the big civic topics in my upscale burb is the shortage of fields for soccer. Good luck getting 3pm-dark Wed and Sat in this place. The fact it's a good father-son activity (or mother, or daughter) is really a civic boon, but those soccer parents would crawl up your butt with torches if you proposed cutting back their field availability.

And the other gorilla is safety. The guest gave a pretty much throw-away answer on that question, but 60mph @ 2lbs with a spinning razor on the end or weed wacker on the top is not a false bogeyman.

Try looking yourself in the mirror and try saying "I truly believe that this hobby is very safe."

I believe that insurance, and organization, and mentorship, and safety codes are all the right things to mitigate the issue, but if somebody stands up in the city council meeting and says "We don't need a dangerous activity in our civic spaces," it's really hard to disabuse them of that. Because it's a good point.

In areas where there is more space, and a safety zone could be established, it will probably be fine and acceptable, but where I live it wouldn't be enough to reserve just one soccer field and let under-11 girls play on the next field over. At least not in the reasonable eyes of a soccer mom or dad.

But again, great episode, great program, great execution of the program and Great Guest. Good interview, too.

I haven't learned so much since Diggs explained that the prop shouldn't go on backwards. Thanks for the ep.

Jim
trickybit is offline Find More Posts by trickybit
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:40 AM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,506 Posts
Thanks, Jim! Great feedback. You're sure right about the sports.... it's the same way here too. And please don't get me started.... it disgusts me to see how much money is spent by our schools on sports programs, while they continue to graduate kids who can't read or write... Anyway.....

There's no doubt that a PPP compliant model is less dangerous than a larger one, but the potential is certainly still there for injury. I find it ironic that the parents are quite happy to let junior run around and crash into other kids, but the mere thought of a 'toy airplane' flying in a nearby field is enough to make them scream 'danger'

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris