HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 06, 2009, 01:27 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
I'm in your twitterverse
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2009, 01:39 AM
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Feb 2006
857 Posts
go the sleep Jamie.

Oh, on a heli related note. I was talking to my LHS who is also a Multiplex distributor. He tells me his contact at Mulitplex has told him that the new Xeno wing should be in the US around July/August. The Elapor FunKopter will come after that.
glucoseboy is offline Find More Posts by glucoseboy
Old Mar 06, 2009, 04:52 AM
Ook!
New Zealand
Joined Aug 2007
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
I'm in your twitterverse
I can haz allthingsthatfly?

Just saw this vid over in the CopterX thread, the guy is crazy

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5047
skaffen is offline Find More Posts by skaffen
Old Mar 06, 2009, 08:14 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
I am the east coast guy, and Jamie is west coast.

OK, about to shut down the PC and head out toward Eden NC shortly. No work today!! Lots of loading to do AND we get to fly at the Riverside RC field tomorrow!! woohooo! I love that field. Paved runway along with grass and no tree line at all! If you make it to the tree line, you lost sight of the plane long before that. Demon lite, EPP Challenger and Yak 55 maidens to boot! I am nervous about the Demon maiden. It's been a long time since I went fast in the air. First flight is going to be triming her out, the second will hopefully be for speed! 155~165 MPH, here I come! Full report on the show Sunday.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 06, 2009, 08:20 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,581 Posts
Diggs...I am working till 11:30 today and then headed home to get ready for tonight. Eli is feeling pretty good, so hopefully I will get to head out to RAMS tomorrow as well...I wanna see the Demon in flight. If I get to come, i will throw the video camera in the truck!!

See you in Eden!

Tim
AG4RZ
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old Mar 06, 2009, 10:44 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
U can haz an attf!

Good luck Diggs.
Old Mar 06, 2009, 02:54 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
Well looks like I'm going to SEFF.
A client of mine is sponsoring me to go, and he not even in the RC industry!!!

A shout out to a wonderful man. Also, I can assure you, I don't go to "Fred Meyers" for my wife's jewelry.

Thanks Wink!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Wink1Jones
http://twitter.com/HPDiamonds
http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/
http://www.winkjones.com/
Last edited by GFBurke; Mar 07, 2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old Mar 06, 2009, 04:04 PM
Avra Valley Flyers
Tucson, AZ
Joined Mar 2008
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
I am the east coast guy, and Jamie is west coast.

OK, about to shut down the PC and head out toward Eden NC shortly. No work today!! Lots of loading to do AND we get to fly at the Riverside RC field tomorrow!! woohooo! I love that field. Paved runway along with grass and no tree line at all! If you make it to the tree line, you lost sight of the plane long before that. Demon lite, EPP Challenger and Yak 55 maidens to boot! I am nervous about the Demon maiden. It's been a long time since I went fast in the air. First flight is going to be triming her out, the second will hopefully be for speed! 155~165 MPH, here I come! Full report on the show Sunday.

Diggs
Lookin' good Diggs!
Leah'sHeli is offline Find More Posts by Leah'sHeli
Old Mar 07, 2009, 07:20 PM
Capt Crunch
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2007
39 Posts
Please add me to the Twitter List

SETaft here in Atlanta would like to be added to the RC Twitter list. A small group of us fly in an undeveloped subdivision Saturday mornings. I typicaly post text and pix from the day's drama . We fly foamies ranging from Dekan's FW22 through Parkzone T28's and Wings. Once we have ripped them up we typically head to Atlanta Hobby to fly Vapors. Really enjoy ATTF Podcasts. Jamie & Diggs, thanks to you for all of your efforts
setaft is offline Find More Posts by setaft
Old Mar 07, 2009, 07:41 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
Thanks man, cool.
Added you.
Old Mar 07, 2009, 08:35 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setaft
SETaft here in Atlanta would like to be added to the RC Twitter list. A small group of us fly in an undeveloped subdivision Saturday mornings. I typicaly post text and pix from the day's drama . We fly foamies ranging from Dekan's FW22 through Parkzone T28's and Wings. Once we have ripped them up we typically head to Atlanta Hobby to fly Vapors. Really enjoy ATTF Podcasts. Jamie & Diggs, thanks to you for all of your efforts
Where you at the Perry Swap Meet?
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Old Mar 07, 2009, 08:39 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,212 Posts
Hey any of you ATTF Heli nuts have an opinion on the Compass Atom 500?

Jeff
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Mar 07, 2009, 10:26 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
UGH, I have returned..... Tired, but what a great time! I love indoor flying. I really wished I could do it more often and didn't have to drive 2.5 hours for the experience. It is well worth it, however something close by and more frequent would just rock. I think I am a better pilot indoors than out. The foamies have no wind to deal with and the confined space makes you really think about what you are doing. You can't just toss the sticks around without consequences. I have tons to talk about, but will save it for the show.

Today we followed up the indoor with a trip over to The Rams Club / Riverside RC . As I mentioned in my post before I left, this field ROCKS. Now, I have flown at maybe 15 fields total to included Hodges Hobbies and have to say this one is my favorite! SEFF rocks and you can't top that, but as far as an everyday flight field, this place is like RC heaven. Found out there is approximately 400 acres of open field in front of the flight line. You can take a plane out and not up for a change and you have zero obstacles (other than the ground) to be aware of.

So, I pull out my fresh new Ritewing Demon XT and work out the CG and throws and such. Preflight, then preflight, then a couple of extra preflights and confirm all is good Nervous? Oh man the knees are knockin and the palms are sweaty. Wait for the flight line to thin out and give her a blast of WOT. Yeah, that got everyone's attention at the field. I go and give her a toss at WOT and reach back for the TX and dumb thumb the throttle stick to zero. I must have bumped it or something, but the wing does a nice nose in cartwheel down the thankfully muddy runway. Give it a check, no damage at all! Gotta love foam cores and the riteway build! Wipe off the 1 inch mudline off the top and bottom and repeat the toss and repeat the dumb thumb!! WTH!! Ugh! But, I realize it quick and hit WOT again fast and she just misses the ground and takes off like a rocket. Couple of clicks of down elevator, a little right aileron and things seem great. Do some testing, feels good, WOT circuits around the field... LOUD FAST and ohhh so sweet. Rates are a bit too high and she is touch at WOT, but manageable.

Larry reminds me, aren't those the first time run on those Lipos... I agree and bring it around for a test landing, feels good but touchy, OK, around again and bring it in low but fast to prevent the stall and grease her in.... UH, 200 feet away .. Yeah, I wanted to be safe and not overshoot the runway, but I fell way short of that. Still good landing just came up way short of being close.

Walk over to check it all out and open the bay to disconnect the lipos and do a temp check. Look inside, feel, woah, something is steamin over here, but not the lipos. Well, my Series adapter I made is obviously not rated for the current I was putting through it. Check below!!

Another minute at most and it would have been a flaming ritewing! Great day at the field. I still have a ritewing unblemished and learned the importance of heavy gauge wire!
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 07, 2009, 10:42 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
whoe man!! nice!!
Old Mar 07, 2009, 11:20 PM
13 year old MANIAC!!
Melbourne,Australia
Joined Jul 2008
514 Posts
Diggs, you should put some marsh mellows in the ritewing while your flying so when you land you have toasted mellows RTE (Ready To Eat).

LOL redroste295
redroste295 is offline Find More Posts by redroste295