HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2008, 12:10 PM
Electron Abuser
Akron, Ohio
Joined Aug 2006
943 Posts
Discussion
Where do you get your L.E.D lights?

I remember someone a while back (i think it was Don) posting a website that sold cheap LEDs in several different colors. im looking to make a LED board for the tail light and some neon green ones to light up the rest of my motorcycle. i googled stores and couldent find really anything good. Where do you buy your LEDs?

Thanks
Eric
MTXMUGEN is offline Find More Posts by MTXMUGEN
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2008, 08:41 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
12 Posts
Check on E-Bay. I got a bunch of leds cheap a while ago for a micro-controller project I did. I don't remember who I got them from from but he was in PA and got them to me very quickly. I will try to check and see if I can find the seller but it has been a couple of months.
Oper8rAl is offline Find More Posts by Oper8rAl
Old Sep 02, 2008, 08:43 PM
Mayday!
USA, OH, Olmsted Falls
Joined Sep 2005
1,246 Posts
Last year I've bought some at Radio Shack. They had a drawer full of them, various sizes, colors and voltages.

Tim
Newtron is offline Find More Posts by Newtron
Old Sep 02, 2008, 08:48 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,280 Posts
http://superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2008, 09:03 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
12 Posts
Radio Shack has them but the price is not right if you are looking for any kind of quantity. Maybe check out Jameco or Digikey.
Oper8rAl is offline Find More Posts by Oper8rAl
Old Sep 03, 2008, 08:37 AM
The sky is falling!
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Nov 2005
640 Posts
Same place as Don.

I also got some from an electronics supplier (Jameco), but it is much more confusing to sort out which ones are appropriate - and the price isn't much lower.

- Cliff
ChickenStick is offline Find More Posts by ChickenStick
Old Sep 03, 2008, 01:23 PM
Electron Abuser
Akron, Ohio
Joined Aug 2006
943 Posts
Thanks for the replys. im going to order some LEDs once i have a few extra $$ scraped up. books were expensive
MTXMUGEN is offline Find More Posts by MTXMUGEN
Old Sep 03, 2008, 11:46 PM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,577 Posts
Eric, how many more do you need? I have drawers full of them. IF you need a whole lot, Ebay has a store that is stricly an LED shop. That's where I got lots of mine.

Another thing you could do is register with Fairchild Semiconductor and apply for free samples. Use your school Email and they'll likely have no problem sending them to you. That's what I did in college.

-Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy