HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2008, 09:22 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,405 Posts
At those prices the 4ch, 6ch and maybe even the 8ch Rx are too expensive IMO. Jeti ESCs have always been at the high end of the price curve, limiting their reach in the market IMO. If they go the same way with the DUPLEX product range then it too will remain a niche item against the established market leaders.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2008, 01:33 PM
Flying Fatboy
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2003
1,297 Posts
Jeti stuff may be more expensive, but they work and continue to do so very well. I can't count how many I have. They all worked as advertised and I never had to return a single one. If the radio works the same, then I'm all for paying a little more for quality.
Gordito Volador is offline Find More Posts by Gordito Volador
Old Sep 03, 2008, 12:49 AM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,199 Posts
Wow......Look like this Jetti 2.4 GHZ, look better than Futaba Fasst and Spectrum DSM2..........will wait for a few more month and see what its actual performance.

I like its Telemetry capability built-in.

for the mean time will stick to Spectrum.
lazy-b is offline Find More Posts by lazy-b
Old Sep 03, 2008, 01:55 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,405 Posts
Market penetration will be the interesting aspect. Spektrum are waaaaay ahead of all the rest and have the best demonstrated plan for expanding the product range. They keep rolling out what users are demanding and innovations that are genuinely valuable (eg the teeny-tiny 6ch micro Rx, the range of dual power-input Rx, heli Rx with integrated governor, 5ch Rx with dual aileron outputs etc). Then there is the impressive and ever growing list of "RTB" (Ready To Bind) models appearing that are DSM2 based (I am aware of at least two planes, two helis and two cars so far). It will be quite a while before any other player catches up in terms of the breadth of Tx and Rx offerings and I wonder if anyone will challenge them in the RTB market.

If this new Jeti product lives up to the specifications it will no doubt win a slice of the market, predominantly in Europe I predict, but is unlikely to be a dominant player.
Last edited by kgfly; Sep 03, 2008 at 02:04 AM.
Old Sep 03, 2008, 09:01 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,682 Posts
I think you need to add the Vapor indoor and the new mCX heli to your list. The list of tiny indoor stuff will likely grow very quickly, would be nice if they come out with a good 2 gram (or less) servo for us to use. I do have some of their DSP60 servos, and I'm fairly pleased with them for an inexpensive digital, or just for a good analog replacement they seem to be a good choice.

So yeah, I have to agree that Spektrum is way ahead of the crowd with the choices that they offer.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Sep 03, 2008, 12:21 PM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
Different markets....... if you are looking for minimal grams in a "indoor" RX why would duplex transmission and/or telemetry be of interest? The sensor weight would be critical. That being said the Duplex R4 comes in at 5G...... not the 4.4G of a AR6100 or the 2G of an AR6300.

Where this fits in looking at the initial offering is as a XPS "killer". Module based for Futaba/JR/Hitec, a "universal" module for Multiplex, it "hops", has duplex transmission and reasonable prices.

Now if it actually performs per the specs........
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 03, 2008, 12:36 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,408 Posts
My hope is that

1) it does perform or exceed the specs

2) that Jeti and Hobby Lobby do not get greedy and price this up with the Futaba.

If they market the receivers at the $35 range for 7 or less channels and the plug-in TX unit at less than $120 they will sell these by the droves.

The competition is not Futaba or JR/Spektrum ... the competition are the Corona and Assan units that are going to swamp the market. Futaba has shot themselves in the foot, more or less, just from their high pricing. Spektrum has been pretty bright about their marketing strategy and have moved their prices to be below Futaba as well as offering incentives.

I know that many will not believe this but Futaba is quite close to being 'left behind' in this market. They are over priced and soon they will be dealing with Chinese competition.

Multiplex, well they never really had the market as they will likely only sell a 2.4 module for their radio anyway. Problem here is that by the time Multiplex gets their offering to market, many of us EVO users will have already installed a competitors unit in our EVO. Being cautious is nice ... it can also be stupid.

In the end, I hope that HL and Jeti do the brilliant thing and decide to make the profit on gross sales as opposed to margins. There are greater long term profits in gross sales due to brand loyalty. Margins are great for that one time sale.
Obake is offline Find More Posts by Obake
Old Sep 03, 2008, 03:56 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,682 Posts
Corona=no failsafe positions=no competition

The guys at Assan have been VERY good at listening to their customers and have improved very quickly, they are going to be the real competition due simple to cost.

Hopefully this Jeti stuff won't be the absolute high brow end of the spectrum and only the truly wealthy can buy the stuff. And hopefully it really works up to the claims. If ACT ever gets their product working, it might be worth a little money too.
Old Sep 04, 2008, 02:14 PM
supreme being of leisure
Tel Aviv, Israel
Joined Jul 2004
1,900 Posts
ACT seems to be more concerned with milling big chunks of aluminum to stick on top of transmitters. the fact that what they show uses an RJ14 type connector tells me that they don't have a clue.
ZAGNUT is offline Find More Posts by ZAGNUT
Old Sep 04, 2008, 02:23 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,682 Posts
If Jeti makes the little tiny receivers similar to the AR6300, it might be worth switching.
Old Sep 04, 2008, 05:03 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,405 Posts
If their telemetry feature actually works and sensors are cheap, small and light then IMO that will certainly raise interest in the Jeti Duplex solution above the level it would otherwise have generated.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 06:22 AM
Joined Jan 2007
194 Posts
Any news on when the products become available?
Phoinix is offline Find More Posts by Phoinix
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:21 AM
Joined Jan 2007
180 Posts
I want one.. perhaps I even need one was thinking of getting a 2.4G system instead of my graupner MX16S, it seems possible to convert it to 2.4 with this, affordable too..
slowswede is offline Find More Posts by slowswede
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:06 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoinix
Any news on when the products become available?
http://www.model-hobby.cz
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Sep 16, 2008, 09:17 AM
Joined Jan 2007
180 Posts
Jeti have updated their english pages now: http://www.jetimodel.cz/eng/hlavnien.htm

I'll just have to try this..
slowswede is offline Find More Posts by slowswede