Closed Thread
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:10 AM
VNE ? I bite my thumb at thee
Shropshire, UK
Joined Jan 2005
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
And if Jeti is listening: it would be a real improvement for having a faster response of the mvario. Thanks in advance & thanks for everything so far
And proper vario tones would be nice
stinkyfive is offline Find More Posts by stinkyfive
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:16 PM
UK
Joined Apr 2006
143 Posts
I've been an avid user of the Jeti system since early 2009, before it was sold in the UK. It is a fantastic system and only now, are the competitors catching up with it (Spektrum now sell a system with telemetry). I have never once lost the link between Tx and Rx, even flying my 4m sailplane as far away as I dare. Two weekends ago, I even managed to climb to 1100m (3600ft, 2/3mile), before deploying airbrakes to be able to retain visual contact. Even the 4 channel park flyer receiver that I have in a small electric wing is flown to the limits of visual contact, but never once has it lost contact.

However, there is one competitor that has caught up in terms of specifications. Multiplex have a system that has almost identical specifications, apart from the price, which is considering more expensive. However, for my Multiplex Royal Pro 9 transmitter, it will be a huge advantage to be able to read the telemetric data on the tx display and not rely on pressing buttons on the plug-in JetiBox to see various readouts. Also, the Multiplex Vario sends back true variable pitch tones, instead of varying lengths monotones, which need some concentration to make any use of. All of the telemetric sensors that i need are available (Vario, temperature and current/voltage). I will also be able to keep my receiver firmware up to date with free downloads from the Multiplex website. I will also now be able to keep my Tx firmware up to date without relying on a third party device module to convince the tx that I have a genuine Multiplex tx module plugged in.

So it is with regret, that I will almost certainly be changing to the Multiplex system. I will need to buy the HFM4 tx module and for the time being, five receivers. This will set me back quite a lot of money, but as I see it at the moment, the Multiplex system offers too many advantages over the Jeti system.

If anyone has any experience (good or bad) of the Multiplex system, please contribute on here. I will make my mind up over the next few days.
Graham88 is offline Find More Posts by Graham88
Old Oct 08, 2010, 04:17 PM
slope addict
Norway
Joined Apr 2006
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham88 View Post
So it is with regret, that I will almost certainly be changing to the Multiplex system.

I will make my mind up over the next few days.
Considering Pierre Rondels post a few lines up, I would sit one my fence a while longer to see what Jeti comes up with...

Would not be surprised if they come up with at killer Tx
torgust is offline Find More Posts by torgust
Old Oct 08, 2010, 04:41 PM
Global Hobby Store
Brisbane
Joined Jan 2007
1,116 Posts
Not to mention the profi box mentions voice feedback from the current system.
rorrock is offline Find More Posts by rorrock
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:00 AM
France
Joined Aug 2003
987 Posts
According to a comment writen on my personnal blog, the transmitter arrival is confirmed !
It should be presented ar Numberg (February 2011), and would enter in production in June 2011.

This is a great news !

Cheers,

Pierre Rondel

http://planet-soaring.blogspot.com/
http://www.planet-soaring.com/
prondel is online now Find More Posts by prondel
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:38 AM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
My switchable JETI conversion for a 35MHz Royal EVO12

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd show you my Multiplex Royal EVO conversion to JETI Duplex using the TU2 module. I didn't want to convert all my planes to 2.4GHz right away so used the TU2 module and a switch instead of just replacing the existing Multiplex 35MHz module with JETI's TMe module.
There's more pictures and details in this post in another thread.

I'm using a JETIbox mini attached to the top of the screen for telemetry. I like the look of the new profi JETI display but it's not going to look nearly so tidy on top of the EVO!

It's been rock solid so far and I'm very happy with this setup!

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:18 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prondel View Post
According to a comment writen on my personnal blog, the transmitter arrival is confirmed !
It should be presented ar Numberg (February 2011), and would enter in production in June 2011.

This is a great news !

Cheers,

Pierre Rondel

http://planet-soaring.blogspot.com/
http://www.planet-soaring.com/
"Great News"? So you might have an idea how it looks like? Features? Specs?

Regards,
Robert R.
Jaguar 20040 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar 20040
Old Oct 12, 2010, 01:10 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,870 Posts
Quote:
Perhaps this explains the lack of FCC registration for the modules?
Skies.
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Oct 12, 2010, 01:49 PM
France
Joined Aug 2003
987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar 20040 View Post
"Great News"? So you might have an idea how it looks like? Features? Specs?

Regards,
Robert R.
I'm afraid we will have to wait until february to know exactly what will be this new Jeti Transmitter.

But given they are one step ahead, I guess it will be interesting !

Regards,

Pierre
prondel is online now Find More Posts by prondel
Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:30 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBornOne View Post
Perhaps this explains the lack of FCC registration for the modules?
Skies.
Jay.
Can't see how one has any relevance to the other. Every device has
to be individually certified so the existence of a full transmitter
doesn't change anything with regard to the plugin modules, which
will always be more popular.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2010, 05:04 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,870 Posts
Quote:
Can't see how one has any relevance to the other.
Wishful thinking perhaps?
Maybe trying to make sense out of nonsense.
Wondering if Jeti planned long ago to only offer Tx systems and not compete with themselves in the U.S. market.Let's hope Jeti advances their 2.4ghz technology beyond Spektrum.
Skies.
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Oct 13, 2010, 02:13 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,203 Posts
Quote:
Let's hope Jeti advances their 2.4ghz technology beyond Spektrum.
They did that in late 2008.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Oct 13, 2010, 04:04 PM
Or just say Peer
NRW, Germany
Joined Oct 2008
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aio_1 View Post
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd show you my Multiplex Royal EVO conversion to JETI Duplex using the TU2 module. I didn't want to convert all my planes to 2.4GHz right away so used the TU2 module and a switch instead of just replacing the existing Multiplex 35MHz module with JETI's TMe module.
There's more pictures and details in this post in another thread.

I'm using a JETIbox mini attached to the top of the screen for telemetry. I like the look of the new profi JETI display but it's not going to look nearly so tidy on top of the EVO!

It's been rock solid so far and I'm very happy with this setup!

Aidan
No need for the jetibox anymore One can use the evo instead YOUTUBE
JollyJoker is offline Find More Posts by JollyJoker
Old Oct 19, 2010, 06:08 AM
Joined Oct 2008
149 Posts
Hoj !

This new "jetibox" have a prity "biggg" gabarits (120mm x 20mm dick ),

If you want to place to the transmiter..........I doubt they will sell well this stuf.

Regardin to this days tehnology shold bee 3 time smaler, also noo need for such a big display.

Regards
HSC2 is offline Find More Posts by HSC2
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:18 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyJoker View Post
No need for the jetibox anymore One can use the evo instead
JollyJoker,

If you would do the same for the FrSky modules and make the boards and components to sell, I would surely love to buy one from you.!

One suggestion, though: get rid of the BIG Jeti (or FrSky) logo. It's just uselessly taking up valuable space that can be used to display valuable info.

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Closed Thread