SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jul 11, 2010, 04:38 PM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
I'm having some trouble with my switchable 35MHz/Jeti 2.4GHz installation in my Royal EVO 12. I've posted the details here. It's more an EVO problem than a Jeti problem (the Jeti module seems to work fine) so I won't post it in this thread but maybe some of you might be able to help?

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:16 PM
Porto, Portugal
Joined Jan 2007
192 Posts
I started this thread almost a year ago:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1122584

asking about using 2.4ghz receivers to control computer simulators. I just noticed that Jeti satellite receivers seem to be able to output PPM. Would I be able to use that together with a normal USB PPM dongle used to connect directly to the radio to create a USB receiver?

Edit: Actually the reference to the satellite receivers was the first comment that thread got. I don't know how I overlooked it.

Cheers,

Pedro
PedroCR is offline Find More Posts by PedroCR
Old Jul 17, 2010, 01:25 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Actualy, few days ago they added this way of possible use in RSAT and R10 and bigger description. http://www.jetimodel.com/index.php?p...cat=12&supp=15
As for compatibility, output signal voltage should be arount 3.3V (like servo pulses),
it is less than some transmitters do output, but still it should be all ok (or the "servo booster" or DIY single transistor+resistor level converter must suffice).
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Jul 19, 2010, 07:25 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,144 Posts
WSTECH vario

I haven't seen any pages in english yet, but on WSTECH's website there is a page showing their new vario which interfaces directly to Jeti Duplex gear (using the Duplex RX for the telemetry signal and the TX module for the receiving end, thereby eliminating a lot of extra equipment).

WSTECH website here:
http://www.wstech.de/linkvario.htm

Google translation:
http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Some discussion on RC-Network:
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php?t=198051

Anyone tried it yet ?
Geoff_S is offline Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Jul 20, 2010, 02:00 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
373 Posts
Wstech Vario and Jeti

I am a very very pleased owner of the WStech Duo Link Vario mated to the Jeti radio.

The Wstech homepage is as well in English: www.wstech.de

No google translation needed.

Regards,
Robert R.
Jaguar 20040 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar 20040
Old Jul 20, 2010, 02:49 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,144 Posts
WSTech homepage is in english, but unfortunately not yet the Link Vario page.
Geoff_S is offline Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:21 AM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroCR View Post
I started this thread almost a year ago:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1122584

asking about using 2.4ghz receivers to control computer simulators. I just noticed that Jeti satellite receivers seem to be able to output PPM. Would I be able to use that together with a normal USB PPM dongle used to connect directly to the radio to create a USB receiver?

Edit: Actually the reference to the satellite receivers was the first comment that thread got. I don't know how I overlooked it.

Cheers,

Pedro
This would be cool - wireless link to your simulator. Please someone test it and let us know?!
natterjak is offline Find More Posts by natterjak
Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:31 PM
Europe - Belgium
Joined Mar 2005
1,521 Posts
WSTECH vario

There is one edge on the Jeti vario sensor: its signal has a delay, when you hit sudden lift or sink, the audio signal report this a tad too late. Dunno what component or process is responsible for this.

So curious if the WSTECH set is able to have a more direct response compared to the jeti vario sensor. If the delay was part of the 2.4 system it might not succeed.
Jurgen.
Jurgen is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen
Old Jul 21, 2010, 02:08 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
373 Posts
Jeti/WStech Vario

hi Jurgen,

I agree, the Jeti Vario Sensor is, because of the delayed audio signal of limited value.

My Wstech Duo Link behaves like any "normal" variometer. So the delay is not part of the 2,4 Ghz system.

Regards,
Robert R.

PS. To be fair with Jeti ... the difference in price should also be considered!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 04:37 AM
Pesky Landings!
Abergele, North Wales, UK
Joined Apr 2004
1,113 Posts
I thought that slight delay was in my head

Is it just the audio signal that is slightly delayed? I.e. does the graphic display on the jetibox update quicker?

Andy
bigandy is offline Find More Posts by bigandy
Old Jul 21, 2010, 04:47 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
373 Posts
No delay in your head. In fact, graphic display is real time ... however useless ... you cannot see your model and the display at the same time .. at least I cannot!

Regards,
Robert R.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 06:04 AM
HyperFlight Support
United Kingdom, England, Stratford-upon-Avon
Joined Feb 2001
3,926 Posts
I find the Jeti vario display very helpful when thermaling. When I am searching for lift I look for markers as usual (wing lifting, speed-up, turbulence, non response to gentle control input, etc). When I see a marker I glance at the vario's height display before initiating a circle. When the model comes back on the same track after circling once I look again at the vario's height display. If is has gone up or sank less than normal it is in good air. In weak lift it would normally take several circles to tell if the model is in a thermal.

I have all the beeps switched off as I find them annoying.

Neil.
Neil Stainton is offline Find More Posts by Neil Stainton
Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:39 AM
AFKA Frags
Denmark
Joined Jan 2008
267 Posts
Does anyone know, if Jeti Duplex is compatible with my Graupner MC19 and nautic switch module ?
Sune Nielsen is offline Find More Posts by Sune Nielsen
Old Jul 22, 2010, 08:12 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frags View Post
Does anyone know, if Jeti Duplex is compatible with my Graupner MC19 and nautic switch module ?
If the switch module do not require special receiver (I do not see any "compatibility list"), then it should go without saying - it seems to work over two ordinary servo channels.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Jul 22, 2010, 08:33 AM
AFKA Frags
Denmark
Joined Jan 2008
267 Posts
Ok... It's like this...
You connect this http://de.robbe-online.net/rims_de.s.../View/1&2D8369
To your reciever... Anyone knows, if that would work,...
A soundmodule would be the same...
Sune Nielsen is offline Find More Posts by Sune Nielsen
Closed Thread